“Hmmm” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Hmmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Normally I absolutely love SpringHill properties, but this one did not impress me in the least bit. Check in was smooth, as usual, and the staff was very friendly. We hurried to the room because most of us wanted to hop in the pool/jacuzzi after driving for 5 hours and being stuck in traffic. The suite was unlike any other SpringHill suite I have ever stayed in...it could definitely use some touch ups. On the upside, the beds were extremely comfortable. The position of the tv was awkward (it was in the between the sitting area and where the beds were...which was separated by a partial wall). The next morning we realized that we had used all of our towels to go to the pool so we call to get more. After waiting about thirty minutes I go out into the hallway and track down housekeeping on our floor, who didnt have any towels on her cart and when she ran down to get us some only had two available to her. Ok no biggie, we figured by the time two people finish in the shower the rest of the towels would be there...WRONG! It took about an hour. Now on to the bed part of our stay...the complimentary buffet breakfast...there were waffels, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, grits, cereal, etc and it was great!...All and all the stay was ok, it would not be my first choice when I go back to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Would love a second chance - will try to make it up to you. Please call 410.694.0555 and ask for me, Kevin Chenosky, if life brings you back to Baltimore!

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I checked out. Their printer was down. They told me they'd email me my reciept. They didn't. I called back - that person couldn't email me a reciept - only the GM could. They took a message. They never emailed me a reciept. I don't have time for this crap - I need a [--] reciept and these people are on their fourth request and won't help me. Not a business person's hotel. Won't go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry - please email me at kevinchenosky@remingtonhotels.com and I will respond with a receipt. Thank you so much!
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was clean rooms were nice. Pool was small and in weird location. proximity to inner harbor was 15 minutes. Easy to get to. Breakfast was nice and breakfast staff was great. Microwaves and fridge were convenient.

Room Tip: No views so location really isn't an issue the hotel is located in a corporate park
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I might be generous giving three stars, but I realize my attitude was poor coming in because I was stuck in beltway traffic for WAY too long.

I was in a rotten mood when I arrived and just wanted to relax and get a swim in with the kids before heading to the baseball game that evening.

First, the front desk person was not friendly and made almost no eye contact. A friendly face would have been nice.

The room itself was a little worn out, damp, stained grout, torn duvets, scuffed furniture and a lime covered shower head making for an weird spraying shower. Overall was clean though.

BIG disappintment was that the pool doesn't open until 5 pm on weekdays. We were leaving for the game by then, so no chance to swim. Very unhappy kids and mom. I chose this hotel specifically because of the pool and we can't even use it. Good lesson learned, always check pool hours before booking. I had never come across this before.

We returned to the room and it was musty and even more damp feeling than when we arrived and that was with the AC running all evening.

The walls/floor seemed very thin, either that or a herd of elephants were above us.

The good parts:

They have a shuttle that runs to the light rail which was extremely convenient.

The breakfast was great. waffles, eggs, bacon, cut fruit, muffins, yogurt, etc. very wide selection of pretty good food. It got our day started off right.

I've stayed in many hotels and while this wasn't horrible, overall it was the least pleasant experience I've ever had. Not relaxing, but clean and served a purpose. I guess that is what airport vicinity hotels are for.

• Stayed July 2013
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Flew into BWI for a business in DC. Stayed one night here before making my way to DC. The hotel was very clean and my room was clean and well layed out. The service was great and the breakfast was your standard business class hotel breakfast. I took the complimentary shuttle to the train station, and it was great. Would definitely stay here again if in the BWI area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hartsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Perfect location to visit Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington DC. Excellent price for such a week-end. Nice size room and very clean.No central air so you have to deal with an A/C unit which is always too noisy for my taste. Breakfast is fine but not exceptional. Pool is small. Shuttle to the train if you don't want to drive to DC or Baltimore. We stayed three nights. Service was much better second and third day. I guess they were short of people on the 4th. BWI airport is not a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We flew into BWI and got in late. I had called hotel directly and inquired about the hours of the shuttle,before making the reservation. I was told that the shuttle did not run that late but the hotel would reimburse our cab fare, so we chose it based on that. Front desk staff very friendly and polite, however said they only pay cab fare for government employees....?? We also requested adjoining rooms with reservation, we not only did not get that, they could not even put us in side by side or directly across the hall. Rooms are worn out, would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!