“Quick But Enjoyable Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Quick But Enjoyable Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

On our way from NYC we stayed in Baltimore,Maryland. This was just an overnight stay with an early departure the next morning. When driving up the hotel is positioned in a very quiet, well kept area. The suites were a good size. I did have difficulty closing a sliding closet, near the window and had to squeeze by to control the floor model ac unit. There was only a small amount of space between the dresser in the sitting room and the first bed in the suite. Luckily I could maneuver my bag through the spot since it wasn't too big. Those were minor issues for me. The room was very clean along with the bathroom and vanity area. There was a lot of space to deal with counting the sitting area, a desk area, a microwave and mini fridge, along with the bedroom area. The internet connection and speed was excellent from the room. We didn't stay long, but I enjoyed every second of my visit to SpringHill Suites.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Olathe, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I can't speak for the rooms because we didn't get to stay there. I had phoned them when I made the reservation to let them know we would be arriving around 1am, and I was ensured that we would have a room (which was important since we had to leave for the airport at 7am). However, when we arrived we were told no rooms were available and that the room guarantees really are NOT a guarantee. (So what exactly is the point of having them???) Needless to say, we were not happy as we had to scramble to find alternate lodging.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

A quality chain located near BWI airport, 10 mins to d/t Baltimore in an industrial complex. The SHS is my favourite chain but this location is probably near the bottom for all the different locations that I have stayed at. Tried to check in early but was told it was a busy weekend & come back in 2 hours. Forget my Gold Elite Rewards but to blame it on a busy weekend at noon, what was housekeeping doing? Didn't even try to check, said come back in 2 hours & maybe something would be ready. A great check-in when I returned (different person) & had a choice of floors!!! When I went to my room I noticed that the light over the vanity/sink (separate from bathroom) wasn't working. I went down to the front desk & informed them - they seemed to be aware of that & said it would be fixed. Returned 7 hours later & it now the next day & still not working. Very dark, hard to see. The room though is a typical high quality Marriott room. Very spacious, clean, quality fixtures. The office desk chair is a bit spotty but a towel on the seat & things are good. I am in a room that joins the one beside, so unfortunately I hear everything going on in that room, from conversations to the television. They have a breakfast & the room is a good size. There is a nice selection of cereals; hot foods; breads; waffles, fresh fruit, coffee & juice. All in all, I love SHS but this location, not as much. I rated it poor because of my problems, but if the light was fixed, I would definitely gone with a very good rating. The issues are not typical Marriott related, so I expect them to live up to a higher quality standard when I pay a more premium nightly rate. Maybe next time...maybe next time.

Room Tip: try to stay away from adjoining rooms, lack of sound barrier in doors allows you to hear their conve...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Andrea T, Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Baltimore. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from our brand. We apologize for the lighting issues you encountered and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance to show you the quality stay you deserve if you return to the area.
Chesterfield, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was my first stay at a Spring Hill hotel. I was not overly impressed. The rooms were suites, but were crammed in suites. There was barely 18 inches between the bed and the TV cabinet. The room was clean. The AC was questionable. It was a small wall unit with controls at the unit (might want to think of adding a thermostat for a suite). Lighting was good. Flat screen TV. Breakfast was un-appealing. Looked like it had been sitting around. The ham was not pink, more of a gray. They did have a waffle maker, which was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Baltimore. We are disappointed that we delivered only an average experience for you. We pride ourselves in delivering memorable experiences for our guests and clearly we did not do so in this case.

It is our sincere hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from choosing our hotel again should your travels bring you back to the BWI area.
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We flew into Baltimore late on a friday night. there was a bit of wait for the shuttle but it was friday night and it was good just to be out in the fresh air. Shuttle driver was excellent. Very polite and professional. When we arrived at the hotel, check in was quick and easy. Jennifer was very pleasant and took great care of us. There were 5 of us staying in a room, 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. The room was a nice size and we easily had enough room to get around and relax. We encountered a slight issue just before bed and called down to the front desk. Jennifer took care of it immediately and very professionally. Within 5 minutes we had keys to another room. We all had a good sleep and enjoyed the hot breakfast. Usually fair for Springhill, but it was kept plentiful and fresh. Check out was a breeze and again the girl at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful.
We will be back in Baltimore in December and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your accolades for our team. We want every guest to feel welcome and we want to do whatever we can to make you feel like this is your home away from home.

It is a great location as well. Close to the airport and just minutes from downtown Balimore!

Thank you again for your feedback and your loyalty to SpringHill Suites BWI! We appreciate your business and love seeing you each time you return.
East Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Kicked off my all girls weeked here the SpringHill Suites,I arrived on Friday, called the shuttle to pick me up, the 1st few times called, when I couldn't get an answer I was automaticlly transfered to the nationwide 800# which was no help, I finally got in touch with the front desk, ad the shuttle was @ the airport within a few minutes, I checked in with a friendly frontdesk lady, I askedif I could get a room with 2 double beds, But she told me b/c I booked through Priceline, that she was unable to change it. (never heard of rule before, But I didn't wanna put up a fuss about it), I checked into my room, It was very modern, a small sitting area with a love seat & single sofa chair, with a small table, to my right was a desk & chair with a small wet bar area with a microwave below, the bed was a queen size located past the sitting area, the bathroom was a nice size tub & shower combo with the sink outside the bathroom,I left my room to handle some business & the shuttle driver took me to the Business District light rail station, He was there ready & waiting. When I arrived back at the Business District stop on the Light Rail, I called the hotel SEVERAL times with no answer, so I was automaticlly redirected to the same #800, I had to finally ask the operator can she direct me to a front desk person directly because I was not able to get intouch with anyone @ the hotel, When I was put on hold, I was directed back to the same recording, So I tried a few more times until I kept hitting different options until I could get the driver, He actually answered the phone (I just looked at my call log on my phone & I called the front desk for about 10-15mins b/4 I was able to get an answer), He was there in a few mins, only to find out that the other couple who was standing outside also had been trying to call the samw hotel, So neither one of us were able to ge thru.The bed was comfortable & I rested very well during the night. I booked the room on a Friday becasue one of my girlfriends flight was coming in @ 7:30am, and I knew we could not check into the other hotel that early, So I wanted to make sure she would be able to get comfortable for a few hrs until our next check in. We had breakfast @ the hotel which was very good, 2 different kinds of "make your own waffles", sausages, 2 types of scrambled eggs, cerals, breads, & pastries, along with coffee, tea & juices. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our high school senior group decided to go to D.C. for their senior trip. We talked to a friend and she directed us toward another hotel (Ramada Hanover, MD) AUUUGH!!! It was so bad! So we looked around and called SpringHill and got a great price. From the moment we walked in it was AWESOME! The people are so great there. EVERYTHING was awesome!! So now we have decided to go to D.C. every year with the senior class and I KNOW where we will be staying! We will be back!!! Jennifer (Front Desk) and Dante (Shuttle Driver) were THE BOMB!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!