“A minor hiccup....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Southern Maryland
“A minor hiccup....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

In March or April of 2012, my group (six people) reserved three king rooms under the park and fly rate on the Marriott Website. We were never contacted by the hotel. On the day we checked in, the woman at the front desk told us that the park and fly program had changed and it no longer included 10 nights, but only included 7. I spoke with her at length that we had booked the 10 day inclusive rate and we went back and forth a bit. I finally decided that it was not worth the aggravation for what I concluded would be 3 nights @ $6 per night - after all we were leaving the next morning to fly to PR to begin a cruise through the Southern Caribbean! I would deal with it when we returned two weeks later. Fast forward to the next morning...the bill that is slid under my door has the correct room rate BUT has a charge for 10 nights parking at $6 per night! I went to the front desk while the husbands in our group started helping the shuttle driver load the luggage into the van. I spoke with a woman named Pamela at this time. The other two rooms also experienced the same problem and all three of us were trying to explain to her that we had all booked the same rate a year before and we didn't understand why we were paying any parking at all, let alone 10 nights worth! She looked into the system and identified that the woman who had checked all three rooms in (over a six hour interval) had coded it wrong. She still maintained that the rate only included 7 nights and again, I just wanted to get the 7 nights credited back and I would deal with the remainder when we returned from vacation. After a bit of effort, Pamela took care of all of our rooms and we were very pleasantly surprised to find that she had refunded all 10 nights of parking to all of us! Way to go Pamela! She saved my opinion of this hotel with her actions!

Moving on to the hotel itself, it is in a great location for the airport - less than 5 minutes away! They offer shuttle service and the hotel is in excellent shape! No restaurant within walking distance, but a few just a short drive away. The pool and hot tub were about the usual grade I expect from a Springhill Suite, except the hot tub was a bit warmer than usual - very nice!

We would probably use this hotel again for a similar trip, but not without getting their parking policy in writing before booking!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello -
I do apologize for the issue you encountered while staying here at the hotel - would love to speak with you about it. I am the new GM here, and can be reached at your convenience by dialing 410.694.0555. I will also pass on your comment to Pamela - I appreciate the kind words.
Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Here for two nights on business. Exterior and lobby is nice, small breakfast area. I have a king suite, I was surprised to find some outdated furniture (scratched old table, etc. low quality loveseat) and some black mold in the bathroom. Television is shared between the living area and bed area, not the best layout. Reasonable deal but there is much nicer out there..

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello -
I do apologize for the issues you encountered while staying here at the hotel - would love to speak with you about them. I am the new GM here, and can be reached at your convenience by dialing 410.694.0555.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport, offers great rates and has very comfortable beds. The only draw back is the walls are a bit thin....

The pool and spa are a nice option if you are traveling with kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us - we truly appreciate your business! So sorry about the thin walls!
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Springhill suites are a great alternative for on the road travellers. Rooms are well appointed, a bit small but with seating area which is nice in a king room. The location is not as convenient to the airport as you think, but you don't get the aircraft noise otherwise. I have 2 small complaints that are housekeeping-related: one of the toiletry bottles was clearly used...it may have been an oversight but I really don't want to share a used bottle after a stranger has used it, and the english muffins were hard as a rock....clearly not fresh. Otherwise I do recommend the hotel for travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean at all times. The free breakfast was very good with real food. I enjoyed a very quiet visit and refreshing time. We asked for a late check-out because of the flight being delayed and they were very accommondating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us - we truly appreciate your business! Glad you had a wonderful stay!
LaPlata, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel prior to flying out of Baltimore airport. The hotel is conveniently located about 5 minutes or less from the airport. The rooms are nice. Onsite parking is also available for about half the price of the parking garage. The shuttle takes guests to the airport and pick up those who parked at the hotel. The lounge is average, but the place is clean and seems new.

I was satisfied with the facility, but disappointed in the way the front desk handled an issue I experienced with hotel. Specifically, I left my $60.00 pillow in my hotel room when I departed for the airport around 6:00 am. I called from the airport as soon as I realized I had left my pillow in the room. I described the pillow in detail and told the front desk clerk where the pillow was located. She told me that they would retrieve the pillow and have it waiting on me when I returned for my vehicle the following week. When, I returned, I was told that they couldn't find my pillow. I asked them to look again. They did the following day.

I had to call back to get an answer, and was told that they still couldn't find my property. When I assured her that the pillow was, in fact, left in my room in the location I described, she responded, "I'm sorry, we have not had a problem like this before." Her statement made me feel like she thought I was mistaken and the pillow never was there. I reiterated that I did, in fact, bring the pillow in, and did not take it out. And, I recommended that they review the videos for the day I was there if they needed confirmation. I was very concerned that I left an item at the hotel, and they were not willing to do anything about it. This worried me so even though I didn't get any indication the front desk clerk was too concerned.

So, a few days later I called and asked for either the head of housekeeping or the GM. When transferred to the head housekeeper, I discovered my pillow was there all along. The most disappointing facet of my experience was that the front desk clerk never contacted the head housekeeper although I was quite distraught over losing my property. The housekeeper was very nice and sent my pillow to me right away. I discovered the front desk clerk checked the lost and found cage, but never escalated my concern up to the head housekeeper.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a reasonably priced, modern, clean, and conveniently located hotel to the airport, this is the place. The front desk clerk was generally nice, but I expected better service regarding the item I left especially since I called multiple times. Actually, I expected my concern to get the head housekeeper without me have to talk to her myself. I would stay again, but would have to ensure that the desk clerk and I are on the same wavelength .

Room Tip: I don't know a lot about the rooms, but the suite next to the elevator was pretty nice. The roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight visit to Baltimore. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room is not spacious, but this is priced as a value hotel not a luxury hotel. We stayed on the weekend and the pool was very busy with a few groups with children. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and the water pressure was good. The hot breakfast was an added bonus. This is an alternative to staying in the harbor and it is close enough to Arundel Mills. A good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for staying with us - we truly appreciate your business! So sorry you did not get a chance to swim...would love to see you come back, and give our pool area another shot.

Been to SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!