“Wow what a value” 5 of 5 stars

Park Here, Fly There
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Wow what a value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I paid $109 a night. They picked me up at the airport and took me back to the airport. They will take you to the mass transit hub, or you can park for free. I had a very nice breakfast each day. Everything was clean and the staff was polite. All the linen was clean and everything worked. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2016, traveled on business

Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Two cancelled flights due to the recent snow storm and I was finally able to get a late night flight into Baltimore. Not wanting to deal with digging my car out, I opted to stay the night at a local hotel. The Springhill Marriott being the only one with available rooms. The shuttle bus driver was very polite and the front desk concierge was so empathetic to my long travels. check in was quick. The room was clean. The only thing I noticed was the smell of smoke in my room. I thought about calling to have my room changed but I was too exhausted. The complimentary breakfast was complete with all of the usuals and was extremely well maintained and replenished throughout the morning.
Now to tackle my car. The shuttle bus driver, the same one from the night before, drove me to the offsite parking lot to retrieve my car. He was so nice!

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Rooms
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent one night here before an early flight out of BWI. Staff was super helpful, asked if i needed to use business center and offered me free shuttle. I had rental car and wasn't sure if i wanted to drop it off before flight. Shuttle driver provided me all options, super friendly. had standard room which is a king bed, with small partition and pull out couch with mini kitchen. Prefer this type of room to a standard 2 bed room anyday if traveling solo, with husband or with 1 kid. Gives more of a studio apartment feel over hotel room. Very happy with trip.

Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
Columbus, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked this place on Priceline.
The pros: The rooms are nice and spacious. There is a free shuttle to the airport. Breakfast is self/serve and ok.
The cons: when I checked in there was a guest rules sheet (no parties, excessive noise, etc.) but I was not asked to sign it. Apparently neither was anyone else. Raucous noise in the lobby. Parties in rooms. Yelling and profanities in the hallways. I called twice and was told they would send someone up to quiet things down. At 1:30 am it was still noisy. I go to a hotel to basically do one thing: sleep; quite a challenge at this property.
When I checked in I inquired about the BWI Trail, which is a trail that is a half a mile from the hotel. It circles around the airport and is great for people who want to bike or run. I was hoping to go for a run, but nobody at the front desk seem to know how I could get to the trail. Pretty interesting considering that it even says on the website that there is a running trail half-mile away. You would think the front desk would know how to give directions.
Also, even though there is a binder with info in the room that says there is a safe for storing valuables at the front desk, this is not true. There are no in-room safes, and there is no safe for guest use at the front desk either; the best they can do is keep your valuables in a drawer for you. Not cool.
Finally, did I mention it was really noisy?

Room Tip: The best rooms would be at another hotel probably
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Leon C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is through guests like you that we get a better picture of what we are doing well, as well as areas we can possibly improve. On behalf of our entire staff, I apologize that your stay was anything less than exemplary. We have shared your feedback with our entire staff as a training tool, so we will be better prepared in the future. I apologize that other guests impacted your stay in a negative way. We normally are quite diligent in responding to any noise complaints that may arise, as we are committed to a comfortable environment for our guests. We have also retrained our staff on the local trail run, as we have maps at the desk which tell our guests how to get to it, how long it is, and where it goes through. And lastly, thank you for pointing out the safety deposit box issue. We had removed all remnants of their mention online, but neglected to pull them out of the guides. Again, we sincerely apologize, as this definitely isn't indicative of a normal stay at our hotel, and we will use your feedback to further enhance our guests' stays.

Leon Chittams
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrific bedding and sleep conditions. Shuttle resolves a situation often a problem at BWI: it will pick up or drop off at Amtrak and at off-airport Car Rental facility as well as at airport terminals.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
      Location
Big Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent the night here after taking our granddaughter to BWI. While mom took her on the shuttle to the airport we took her two younger siblings to the great pool to let out their pent up energy from being in the car. The shuttle to and from the airport saved us time and money. The room had two very comfortable queen size beds and a queen size pull out. Everything from the linens to the mechanics of the room were very nice and in good working order. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The breakfast had plenty to choose from to satisfied each of our preferences.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
No where, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2015

This would be a great one night hotel if you are flying out of BWI or passing through. The rooms are basic but clean and the rates are somewhat reasonable. Sadly we spent several days here as a get away during winter break. We chose this hotel because the kids would be able to swim for a couple days mixed in with some activities. This is the first hotel I have ever stayed at that closed the pool ALL day until 5pm. The pool is very small and at 5pm it was a total madhouse and so crowded you could barely get in it. My kids were heartbroken. Additional problems rubbed salt in our wounds...the tv would not allow us to stream movies from our Ipad. Housekeeping did too good of a job and threw out a bunch of the kids coloring books, bottled drinks and souvenirs. The stay ended with zero water so we couldn't even brush our teeth not to mention shower before we departed. Overall, our mini vacay was basically ruined and I will make sure I don't stay at this chain again with my kids.

Room Tip: I think you will be fine if you are just passing through
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Leon C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is through our guests' eyes that we truly get a clear picture of what we are doing well, as well as areas of improvement that are needed. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our pool hours during the week are from 5PM-10pm, as are most indoor pools are in the area. This is due to a county regulation that only allows us to open the pool when a lifeguard is present. During the weekends, we expand this time to 10AM-10PM. We totally understand how this can be an inconvenience, as most states and counties don't require a lifeguard, but we try to keep the pool open during the busiest hours. Also, I sincerely apologize for the issue with the water. There was a water main break in the bulding next to the hotel, and the city had to do emergency reapirs on it, causing our water to be affected. Had we known about the issue prior, we would've made preparations to ensure our guests were affected minimally by this. Although they were able to get the issue fixed within a fairly short time, we truly understand how this can damper your experience with us.

Hospitality Blooms Here,