“Nice building, lower-end room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Buffet Breakfast!
Ranked #8 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Tampa, Florida
“Nice building, lower-end room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Here for two nights on business. Exterior and lobby is nice, small breakfast area. I have a king suite, I was surprised to find some outdated furniture (scratched old table, etc. low quality loveseat) and some black mold in the bathroom. Television is shared between the living area and bed area, not the best layout. Reasonable deal but there is much nicer out there..

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello -
I do apologize for the issues you encountered while staying here at the hotel - would love to speak with you about them. I am the new GM here, and can be reached at your convenience by dialing 410.694.0555.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport, offers great rates and has very comfortable beds. The only draw back is the walls are a bit thin....

The pool and spa are a nice option if you are traveling with kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us - we truly appreciate your business! So sorry about the thin walls!
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Springhill suites are a great alternative for on the road travellers. Rooms are well appointed, a bit small but with seating area which is nice in a king room. The location is not as convenient to the airport as you think, but you don't get the aircraft noise otherwise. I have 2 small complaints that are housekeeping-related: one of the toiletry bottles was clearly used...it may have been an oversight but I really don't want to share a used bottle after a stranger has used it, and the english muffins were hard as a rock....clearly not fresh. Otherwise I do recommend the hotel for travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean at all times. The free breakfast was very good with real food. I enjoyed a very quiet visit and refreshing time. We asked for a late check-out because of the flight being delayed and they were very accommondating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us - we truly appreciate your business! Glad you had a wonderful stay!
LaPlata, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel prior to flying out of Baltimore airport. The hotel is conveniently located about 5 minutes or less from the airport. The rooms are nice. Onsite parking is also available for about half the price of the parking garage. The shuttle takes guests to the airport and pick up those who parked at the hotel. The lounge is average, but the place is clean and seems new.

I was satisfied with the facility, but disappointed in the way the front desk handled an issue I experienced with hotel. Specifically, I left my $60.00 pillow in my hotel room when I departed for the airport around 6:00 am. I called from the airport as soon as I realized I had left my pillow in the room. I described the pillow in detail and told the front desk clerk where the pillow was located. She told me that they would retrieve the pillow and have it waiting on me when I returned for my vehicle the following week. When, I returned, I was told that they couldn't find my pillow. I asked them to look again. They did the following day.

I had to call back to get an answer, and was told that they still couldn't find my property. When I assured her that the pillow was, in fact, left in my room in the location I described, she responded, "I'm sorry, we have not had a problem like this before." Her statement made me feel like she thought I was mistaken and the pillow never was there. I reiterated that I did, in fact, bring the pillow in, and did not take it out. And, I recommended that they review the videos for the day I was there if they needed confirmation. I was very concerned that I left an item at the hotel, and they were not willing to do anything about it. This worried me so even though I didn't get any indication the front desk clerk was too concerned.

So, a few days later I called and asked for either the head of housekeeping or the GM. When transferred to the head housekeeper, I discovered my pillow was there all along. The most disappointing facet of my experience was that the front desk clerk never contacted the head housekeeper although I was quite distraught over losing my property. The housekeeper was very nice and sent my pillow to me right away. I discovered the front desk clerk checked the lost and found cage, but never escalated my concern up to the head housekeeper.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a reasonably priced, modern, clean, and conveniently located hotel to the airport, this is the place. The front desk clerk was generally nice, but I expected better service regarding the item I left especially since I called multiple times. Actually, I expected my concern to get the head housekeeper without me have to talk to her myself. I would stay again, but would have to ensure that the desk clerk and I are on the same wavelength .

Room Tip: I don't know a lot about the rooms, but the suite next to the elevator was pretty nice. The roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight visit to Baltimore. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room is not spacious, but this is priced as a value hotel not a luxury hotel. We stayed on the weekend and the pool was very busy with a few groups with children. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and the water pressure was good. The hot breakfast was an added bonus. This is an alternative to staying in the harbor and it is close enough to Arundel Mills. A good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for staying with us - we truly appreciate your business! So sorry you did not get a chance to swim...would love to see you come back, and give our pool area another shot.
Hyattsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night as Part II of a 'Hotel Hopping' weekend. Although it was Superbowl weekend in Baltimore; all remained quiet. The hotel is truly older and could do with some updating. The person at the front desk presented as efficient and courteous perhaps as a part of her job description. Genuinity may have suffered. There were some "nice" touches within the Lobby area as: dispenser with some type of lemonade/orangeade, candy, apples in a bowl on a coffee table. The lobby can be considered pleasant and lends itself to wanting to sit around for a while to relax. The room however was a "let down". My thoughts upon entering were: dank, dark, stuffy, old. Upon inquiring I was told the layout of all the rooms was the same. The phone too, appeared to be not working since I could not reach the front desk but rather had to take the elevator. After quietly contemplating whether to stay or check out; and opting for the latter, a gentleman asked whether he could be of any help. I explained my thoughts about the "dingy feeling" of the room (did not mention the stale, stuffy smell). He offered me a change of rooms. I decided to go ahead and stay since there was already some snow on the ground and it was cold outside! Afterall it was only for 1 night. The new room was on the 4th floor and did not have any unpleasant smell to it. Of course it lacked much lighting; but that is because they use lamps in certain areas; rather than lightbulbs. There however was a visible long streak of dirt on the mirror in the tiny sitting area which must have been missed for some time by the cleaning staff. The kitchen area was tiny with a mini refrigerator and older microwave (you have to turn the knob). Although there were real mugs; there was neither dishwashing liquid, paper towels, sponge or anything to wash/dry with. In fact there were paper plates( a grand total of 2) with no cutlery (not even plastic forks/spoons). Unsure whether this was an oversight or if it is the norm. I had never experienced a kitchen/kitchenette in a hotel having paper plates so that was new to me. Nowhere in the unit was there any kind of facial tissue (bathroom or on the nightstand). Did not bother to call down to the front desk since at that point I hoped to return to that hotel only under duress. There is a small pool area with depth up to 4 feet. The lifeguard on duty is a nice touch and there are towels for use in the pool area.

We ordered out that evening....had some great tasting Wings and Pizza from the Deli attached to a Restaurant on Hammonds Ferry Road. I believe its Olive Grove or something like that! Prices were reasonable too. Breakfast bordered on being semi continental with a waffle station for a choice of blueberry or vanilla waffles. The coffee was pretty tasty. There were some hard boiled eggs, cold and hot cereal choices, sausage patties (pork and turkey) as well as bagels, bread and muffins The eggs was truly soooo processed! OOps I forgot the tv channels are free with HBO as the prenium one.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room higher upwards of the 3rd floor??
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Kevin

Been to SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!