“1st room's Bathroom Smelled like Someone DIED!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“1st room's Bathroom Smelled like Someone DIED!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I wanted to hang out it Baltimore and check out the Harbor. So we booked a room at this hotel to spend the night. When we got to our room it was wonderful. We placed our things down; it’s a ritual that we check everything out before getting comfortable. When we got to the bathroom, the smell was horrible. It smelled so bad; it smelled like rotted flesh or something. It was BAD. We called the front desk, and they were able to change our room. The guest service rep smelled the bathroom and said the same thing. The new room was perfect!!. We didn’t wake up in time for breakfast. Other than that it served its purpose!

Room Tip: Always Check your hotel room before getting comfortable!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Papua New Guinea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here during thanksgiving break. A family of 5 all teens which we all know can be a challenge to feed and require space. The hotel was clean and friendly. Rooms are spacious. Breakfast is more than adequate. Free cocoa and coffee through the day. Busy but quiet. The pool is a good size and staff helpful. Slightly off the beaten path but well worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
swift152, Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you Family of 5 for your very nice review. We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay recently. Please come and visit us again when in the BWI area. the hotel depends and counts on reviews like yours. we greatly appreciate it. Thanks again, and Happy New Year to you and your Family!
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My first time to stay here and while the folks are friendly the place is run down and badly in need of an update and some maintenance. My first room had AC issues; the maintenance folks were unable to correct the problem which took some time for them to figure out but I was then promptly moved to a different room on the same floor; unfortunately I was given some incorrect keys. No worries, got that fixed. The AC was operational in the new room. In general things just look “worn-out”: The shower rod badly sagged, the wall paper in the bath was coming off the wall, the clock radio had a radio that didn’t work. The high-speed internet was “dial-up speed”: 0.38 Mbps per Speedtest.net: awful. The breakfast was fine, good selection of cereals, oatmeal; had fresh bananas which is a hot button for me. They had the usual factory made hot egg, sausage and potatoes items as well as a waffle making area. The best part is the front desk folks are very genuine and friendly. My suggestion, stay at the very new nearby Fairfield Inn and Suites. Much better hotel for similar $$$.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love this hotel, and usually stay at the SpringHill Suites in Arundel Mills. I decided to go with this one this time around b/c it was cheaper and closer to the airport. Although, it had the same core amenities as the one in Arundel Mills, this hotel is definitely not on the same scale.

First, when the "shuttle" came to get me from the airport it was a random guy in a black SUV. If it were not for the fact that another guest also needed transportation to the hotel I certainly would have requested to be picked up by a hotel shuttle. Maybe I watch too much crime TV, but it is serial killer creepy to me......

Second, the overall feel of the hotel seems less. The rooms are just as nice, but the set up makes it seem smaller. They might even be smaller. The gym does not rival the new fitness center in Arundel Mills, nor does the pool.

Finally the breakfast was bland with overcooked, left out for hours, eggs.

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. The pillow top mattress was amazingly comfortable.

Oh and the did not have warm chocolate chip cookies or brownies..... :(

Next time I will spend the extra $11.00 and venture the extra mile for the free cookies and fantastic gym.

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Needed a hotel, got on Marriott's website and called the reservation center. Told the agent I was stranded and needed a room for the night. I reserved the room and I asked the agent for directions. She transferred me to the hotel. The young lady at the front desk stayed on the phone with me until I was on the street the hotel was on. The room was great, comfortable bed, nicely decorated and clean.The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent. This will be my home away from home when visiting my family in Baltimore area!

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Mediocre breakfast. Yes, I know it is a SpringHill Suites and they all have mediocre breakfasts but I just don't like lukewarm eggs. The room I had was very nice, everything worked and smelled fresh. Staff was very friendly, have me the laundry soap for free.

I arrived around 7 pm and had laundry to do and they do have a laundry - one washer and one dryer! Good thing I got there first. A large hotel such as this really needs to have more machines. While I was loading my wash another person came in and probably intended to wash three or four loads. Management should address this ASAP.

Certainly is convenient to BWI and has a shuttle so I intend to return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

One of the most outstanding hotels I have stayed in during my business travels. Management to house keeping is above the board. The location was very handy to really good dining and sight seeing. I was able to rely on the hotel staff to get me a rental vehicle and provide me with great directions to areas of interest. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers in the area

Room Tip: no tip only stayed once
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!