“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
MA
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Safe, clean and comfortable. The hotel and property were immaculate. The staff was helpful,attentive and friendly. The hotel was convenient to the highway, BWI and the light rail station. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the airport and light rail station and offers a fitness center and indoor pool. We used the complimentary business center to print up our boarding passes for our flight,saving time at the airport. A small pantry store near the front desk sold beverages, snacks ice cream and frozen foods. The breakfast was good and satisfying.
We had plenty of space for the 3 of us in our room, the bedding was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. We stayed 5 nights and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, front desk at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
It’s not often that we get reviews as wonderful as the one you have written for us here! We are extremely happy that you felt our property was “immaculate” and that our staff was, “helpful, friendly and attentive.” From your review it seems we were able to satisfy all of the needs you had while you were here with us and that is exactly what we hope to do for each and every guest that comes here to stay. We want to thank you again for making the time to give us your feedback and recommendation! We are excited to that you plan to return and stay with us again and we look forward to it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Burlington Township, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had booked the SpringHill Suites at BWI for a park-and-fly package on a recent trip. While the price was right, the amenities were lacking. As another reviewer mentioned, the 'party policy' on the front desk was a little off-putting, and made me question my choice of hotels immediately. Since we had a very early flight (we were taking the shuttle at 4:30am), I decided it couldn't be that bad.

I hadn't realized there was no food on-site, my fault for not researching properly I had assumed if there was breakfast service, there was a restaurant. They do have a menu in the room from a local place that will deliver, we decided to go around the corner to Chili's for dinner, which was fine.

Room was adequate, the furniture was tired and more than a little uncomfortable, the bathroom very small, but the shower was good.

Trip to the airport at 4:30am was a shared shuttle run by the Hilton. No biggie, but it was packed and our luggage just got thrown in the back on top of everyone else's because there wasn't enough room for the driver to arrange it properly.

Coming back was another matter altogether. We arrived at the airport, got our luggage, cleared customs, and called the hotel as we were instructed. I spoke with 'Blythe' who took my name and cell phone number, and told me that she called the driver, and the shuttle would be at the pickup point in 10-15 minutes. Perfect. We got to the pickup location for hotel shuttles and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

After 20 minutes, I called back and spoke again with Blythe, who said she'd call the driver again, but she knew he left '15 minutes ago, so he should be there any time'.

At 35 minutes after the initial call, after watching shuttle after shuttle for other hotels pull in, pick up, and in some cases the same drivers coming back for another run, I was a little less willing to be magnanimous. I called Blythe back again, and she said that the driver should be there any minute.

At 45 minutes, I called back and said that if the driver wasn't there in 5 minutes, we were taking a cab and I expected Marriott to pay for it. She talked to a manager and agreed that we could take a cab, the shuttle was 'full' and they couldn't pick up any more guests. I went from 'less than magnanimous' to 'incensed' in a heartbeat. We walked over to the cab stand and got a taxi back to the hotel, a trip which took less than 10 minutes total (including walking to the cab stand and waiting in line). We got to the hotel and paid the driver, I took the receipt in and the manager was kind enough to reimburse me in full with no questions asked.

That, in my book, is the bare minimum she could have and should have done. When I asked Blythe what the issue was with the shuttle, she just said 'it was full', but when we got to the hotel, it was sitting empty in front of the hotel, no one was checking in, so I'm not sure why it was full. When I questioned why she hadn't given me the courtesy of a phone call to let me know what was going on (since she took my cell # when I called for the pick up) I got a very unacceptable excuse about how she was giving the driver '25 minutes' - when I pointed out that it had been /45/ minutes from the time I first called until the time I gave up on them, she basically had no answer. The manager apologized and said they were 'doing training'. As if that was an excuse.

I would've liked to have seen a little more 'proactive' and less 'reactive' on the part of the staff. If you're taking someone's phone number, the least you can do is CALL them when you know there's going to be an issue, especially when they have called you at least twice already. I would also have liked to have seen a written apology from SpringHill, especially to a frequent Marriott customer. Perhaps some extra points or an upgrade offer.

Thankfully, the Tyson's Corner Marriott was wonderfully welcoming once we finally got our car and got on our way. I will not stay at this SpringHill again, nor would I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a shuttle. There are a lot of nice hotels in the BWI area, find one that will treat you like a valued guest, and not an encumbrance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We apologize for any problems you experienced and want you to know that your experience is atypical compared to the majority of our guests. Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention as it provides us the opportunity to improve going forward. We hope that you will come back and give us a chance to show you what great customer service is really all about.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise and left our car for the 9 days we were gone. We had three rooms - all clean. Not fancy, but they served our purpose. It was nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Furniture was not too comfortable, but we weren't staying long. The breakfast was standard fare. The front desk staff was especially friendly and helpful. They helped us arrange for transportation to the cruise pier.

For cruisers the package they have (park and fly?) was a good deal. For the price of the hotel room, you save yourself more than that in parking for the week. The fare was $25 to the port for 6 of us - couldn't beat that with a stick.

When we cruise out of Baltimore, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Northeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

As we had a very early flight the next morning, we decided to stay here overnight to save ourselves the hassle of morning traffic. While the location itself was wonderful and allowed us a few extra minutes of sleep the next morning, there were a few concerns that I had about the hotel. The room is a nice size, with a kitchenette and seating area. I was disappointed that the hotel did not have a restaurant/bar area (but that's my fault for not doing the research beforehand!) and I was told that we could take the shuttle to the neighboring Marriott if we wanted to get a glass of wine. That being said, I didn't need a glass of wine that much so we stayed put. The food options they have available at the reception area is a decent variety, and we were able to find some dinner options that we cooked in the microwave. The biggest issue I had at the hotel was cleanliness. There was large amounts of hair in the bathroom (that was not ours) and there were old, dried up rose petals on the floor around the bed (one can only imagine what they were used for and left little to the imagination about the activities in the room). The hair and old, dried up rose petals were not in tough, hard to reach crevices and I feel that the room lacked from what should have been, routine cleaning. It was an average stay. The value and location of the hotel was great. Would I stay there again? No. I was a little disgusted at the lack of cleanliness in parts of the room, I would prefer to stay at a hotel that offered a restaurant/bar in the lobby area, and there are many other hotel options in and around the same area which would give me the benefit of the location. So, it wasn't an absolutely terrible experience, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

In the end my experience was good. Had some problems with customer service in the beginning, but the GM immediately resolved the issue after he was informed. The actual experience at the hotel was fantastic. The work staff was very helpful and nice. Great breakfast in the mornings. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel, with the exception that on the first night, there were many families with children on my floor who were all very loud in the hallway. Aside from the noise this one night of my six night stay, everything else was great. There's not much around the hotel, so you'll need a vehicle. But the room was clean and comfortable, everything worked well, and the breakfast was great.

Room Tip: The further from the elevator you are, the quieter your room will be.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

When I found out I needed to be in the Linthicum area for business, the first thing I did when searching for a hotel was look on Tripadvisor. This Springhill Suites by Marriott received consistently high marks. So when it came time to make my travel arrangements, this was my first choice. I couldn't have been happier - my room was very clean and in excellent repair. Housekeeping did a great job. Sometimes my paper plates/utensils/dish towel weren't replished, but once I requested these items, they were supplied immediately. The hotel staff, especially the front desk clerks and managers were very friendly and warmly conversational. The shuttle driver kindly drove my friend and I to and from the closest Light Rail station so that we could visit the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. The breakfasts were great, plenty of hot and cold menu choices. Didn't lack for anything. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and was given a room away from the elevators on the third floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dhilloncorp, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted to receive your feedback about your stay with us at Springhill Suites BWI. Also, we thank you for your kind compliments, and above all, we appreciate you giving us this opportunity to win your confidence. We are totally flattered that you chose us for your stay in Baltimore, MD.
From start to finish, our complete emphasis is on spoiling you. We are constantly striving to learn more about your expectations so we can serve you better. I am so glad we were able to assist in making your stay a functional and memorable one. This is a win-win for both of us. Please be assured, we are looking forward to your return.
Warm Regards,
Springhill Suites BWI Team.