“Excellent service, great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent service, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta BWI en route to our PCS overseas. We chose this particular hotel because of the free pets option and they were allowing us to do a particularly late check out at no additional cost. They also provide an airport shuttle.

We arrived and our room was clean and had enough space for us, our child, and our two pets. It also had a mini fridge and a microwave. There were plenty of places to walk the dog outside our room and they even placed us on the bottom floor close to an outside door which was very convenient.

The hotel is within walking distance of many places to eat and my husband and I did not think the hotel was noisy at all with how close to the airport it is. If we had a question or need, the hotel staff was very friendly. We also enjoyed how inexpensive this hotel was, and it even included a continental breakfast, and had a washer and dryer for guest use. My husband also used the shuttle twice and they were very friendly and helpful! The driver even took my husband to pick up our dinner.

The only small issue we had was with the airport shuttle. We had called to make sure they could accommodate a large animal crate and were assured that they could. We made sure again upon our arrival. When it came time to leave, we were loading the luggage and they were having a difficult time finding room for the crate. We understood that it was very large and would be difficult to fit, but we were assured that it would, otherwise we would have gladly made other arrangements.

While we were quickly trying to problem solve with the shuttle driver, a man working at the front desk very rudely told us more than once that we needed to speed it up because they had people to pick up. We understood that they had others to pick up, but it was not our fault that it was taking so long. My husband asked if we could put the crate in the other shuttle since it was also going to the same place. They ended up taking our crate in the other shuttle and we arrived without any other issues.

I gave the hotel 5 for service, because even though we were treated rudely once, the rest of our stay was beyond excellent. I did not expect moving a giant pet crate to be simple, and they got us to the airport on time, so that is all I could ask for!

If you are travelling with pets, especially if you are military and are PCS'ing, I would highly recommend this hotel! They made our move a little easier!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had a two-night stay and multiple shuttle trips and service was absolutely wonderful. Other hotels could learn from their efforts. I especially commend a wonderful young man, Gaston, on the staff. If you have occasion to be served by him, you will remember him for a long time.

We had a dental emergency and the staff was oustanding in response to our needs.

The room was just perfect for our budget and our needs - comfortable, quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShamrockGuy
sandnsunu2
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Everything I needed in a hotel. It is clean, has comfortable beds, and pillows!
Attentive professional staff.
Close to the airport with shuttle service to and from.
I have no complaints nothing but praise.
When I return to Baltimore I will stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites BWI Airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

OCEAN CITY,MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is located about 2-3 miles from BWI and they have a shuttle that handles getting you to and from the airport. My trip to Florida was for 12 days and I called the day before to see how much it would cost to leave my car there for the duration and it turns out you can leave your vehicle there while you're on your trip and when you return, you call the hotel and they send the shuttle to get you. I don't know how long you can leave your vehicle there, but I was gone 12 days and that was well worth the cost of a 1 night's stay. My room was fine, no problems I can think of.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Convenient to BWI of course. The MARC train and Baltimore light rail access were also really good with the hotel's free shuttle service. Cheap with an advance booking. Front desk staff argue with each other. Shuttle staff are really friendly. Breakfast was good to better and I liked seeing planes take off from my room.

• Stayed November 2012
Denison, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The coffee is good. The hotel is well taken care of but the pictures are deceiving. It looks like its new, but it has just had a minor facelift. The shuttle was not very timely. Decent for the price, wouldn't recommend unless you MUST be in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family