“Not Clean......Not Safe!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   939 International Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Maryland
“Not Clean......Not Safe!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had to cut my stay short after 2 nights, because the rooms smelled and needed major repairs. When I arrived I found food in the refrigerator and the bathroom was disgusting. The only thing that was a plus was the lady that checked us in, she was very nice and helpful. I contacted the national office to discuss my concerns and no one returned my call. The pictures will tell the story of how bad the room was......to bad I can't post pictures of the smell........

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Baltimore - BWl Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Linthicum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here!!! Family orientated....close & convenient to various places & things to do...cooked a turkey in our microwave...when I needed additional plates, bowls, utensils the staff was very quick to get them...We are pleased to say that once we leave we will be more than happy to recommend to others!!!!! THANK YOU HOMESTEAD!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Baltimore - BWl Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Sayre, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

The rate was what appealed to me since I was staying 4 nights in the area but you get what you pay for. I had to request the sheets be changed right away as found hairs on pillow and maid doesn't bother wiping very visible dirty fingerprints off walls and cabinets. Outside area included a dirty teeshirt laying on ground all day. Room itself isn't very big but adequate for one or two people and fridge is good size. Not much to cook with utensil-wise so take your own if making meals.

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Baltimore - BWl Airport. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

I checked into this hotel in between travel for my next destination. The rooms could use some updating but none the less it was cozy, clean and extremely coveniently located to BWI Airport. Nice choice of restaurants nearby and best of all it's nice on the wallet. Very reasonably priced for cleanliness and comfort! I would stay again!

• Stayed March 2012
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The staff was very nice. Here's the BUT: but the room was less than desirable.

My first room had a funny odor and they gladly moved me.

The second room also had a funny smell although not as bad.
The only way the TV would work is if I unplugged then plugged it each time I used it. This was brand new flat panel.
The mattress was like a rock.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was reluctant to keep my reservation after reading the other reviews. Much of the negatives others have written are either false or have been corrected. In either case, this hotel is just fine for a short or longer term stay.
The negatives: Short on frills. No pool, no fitness or business center, no breakfast, no airport shuttle, few restaurants in walking distance. The hotel is an extended stay property and many of the guests are traveling contractors and the like. So it wasn't difficult to find empty beer bottles on the grounds but not to excess. The hotel is in a business park so weekends are very quiet.
The positives: Clean, modern rooms, small kitchen with a full size fridge, relatively comfortable bed, quiet, and a friendly helpfull staff.
I found a weekend rate that was 1/2 of what other hotels in the area were charging.

In short, I would reccomend this hotel if all you need is a safe, clean and reasonable place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Here’s what you can expect when you first check in:
The rooms are very small, and the kitchen is hardly useful. There is no dishwasher, no dish soap, no range, and only 2 of each dish. The dishes are dirty upon arrival, and mine had food caked onto them even. The microwave is filthy and most of them barely work. The TV was damaged and you get a dozen different stations. The bathrooms are very dirty and will often still have soap scum, hair, and whatever crap stuck to the sink and tub. The Internet moves extremely slowly, making most things a complete pain to do, like opening pages with a lot of Flash on them, or the like. The rooms smell horrible. They smell like stale cigarettes and body odor. I tried airing out the room for an hour at a time (despite the below freezing weather) and it just doesn’t help. The problem is that the heating unit for all of the rooms is connected, meaning if someone lights up a cigarette down the hall, you will smell it in your room, or if someone burns some popcorn downstairs, you will smell it. Unless you turn the heater off, you get every bad smell in the building right in your room.

The staff is very mixed. Some people are very helpful, some people, not so much. When I first got there, they gave me my room key and I went to my room only to find that someone was already staying there, so they tell me they don’t have a room for me. After a lot of disjointed and confused phone calls, they finally place me in a room.

I had extra charges thrown randomly on my bill and yet no one seems to have any clue as to where they came from. No one seems to know much of anything around here. It's really irritating that they are so disorganized, meanwhile, I've got an extra $500 on my tab that I do not owe and no one has a clue how to get rid of it.

Also, you ever wonder why they don’t include pictures of the rooms online? Maybe it’s because if you saw the rooms, most people would be turned off immediately. They are small, dirty, not well ventilated, and the “kitchen” is a total joke. The rooms look nothing like the floorplan included in the pictures. If you want to save a little money on a place, just go to Motel 6 or something, but this really isn’t worth the money and aggravation.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr.

Address: 939 International Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Linthicum

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Baltimore - BWl Airport - International Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.