“Fabulous hotel close to airport and restaurants” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Andover Road, Linthicum Heights, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous hotel close to airport and restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed twice at this hotel this year prior to going on vacation. Could not have picked a better place near the airport at such a good price. The parking available made this a great choice and we were able to find a parking space for both stays. The staff checking us in were helpful and warmly welcomed home a group service men/women who just arrived back from their tour of duty which was very touching.

The breakfast was good and the shuttle service was top notch. The drivers were very professional. The airport was only minutes away and the shuttle ran every half hour. The shuttle also picked us up at the airport when we returned and it was easy to find.

Our rooms on both stays were very nice and very clean.The beds were very comfortable.
There are a number of well known chain restaurants nearby and the shuttle could take guests there. They have a small store in corner of lobby to purchase snacks, soda, wine and beer.

Must say that I was surprised to see there were negative posts about this hotel-as our experience was very positive and we will be staying there again in a few months.

Room Tip: If you need to go back and forth to your car during your stay, the rooms on the lobby floor made it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thanks from the staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites BWI. We do appreciate it very much, that our work didn't go unnoticed. Thank you so much for your kin words, and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel overbooked themselves and left their parking lot full. We had to park across the street and when we came in, the staff was arguing and bickering inside the packed lobby. Once into our room we had no towels and the room was dirty. There were dirty tissues, dirty towels, and miscellaneous junk all over our room. They gave us the wrong sized room and the beds were awful with springs all over. THe staff was rude and didn't care about anyone's problems. So my advice, stay away! This hotel is awful and my family and I ended up leaving for good!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and staying with us. I am sincerely sorry for the experience that you encountered with the parking, staff and housekeeping service at our hotel. Your feedback is crucial to the success of our hotel. I am very sorry that you were not as impressed by the service. This is something that we take very seriously and I can assure you that this incident will be corrected. The satisfaction of our guest is our top priority. Again, thank you so much for your review,. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to this area. Have a great day!
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was overbooked. There is no parking, no trundle beds, and the rooms were filthy. My family and I found a huge amount dirty towels and tissues under the couch and under the bed. The pull-out couch had broken springs and was very uncomfortable. Our stay was so unenjoyable, that we canceled our expected next three nights here.

• Stayed May 2014
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good Day Geodad11,

Thank you for your comments. I'd like to start off by apologizing to you for not being able to provide you with the level of service you expected from us. Every problems is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and we've instructed our Housekeepers to pay closer attention to the overlooked areas that you've mentioned. Please don't hesitate to contact a member of our staff during your next stay if something like this should occur again! We would rather know about it right away and take care of the issues then to know that we didn't provide you with consistent and proper service.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

That seems to be their new slogan. Well, it worked for Ford, so let's try it. The implication is that they have somehow overhauled and improved to produce a much better product. It did indeed seem that way at first. Impressive and professional-looking lobby, with smartly dressed staff and a board showing departures and arrivals at nearby BWI airport. Very friendly and helpful clerk.

The room proved large and modern and totally quiet. But not very clean. Carpet needed to be vacuumed. In the three days we stayed the toilet was never cleaned. You know how sometimes stuff sticks even after a few flushes. Well, it was there for the duration. It's not a great job but it is what you're paid to do. It's not like there's an available brush we could use ourselves to do it. Countertops, desktop, etc., were never wiped.

In the morning a very smartly dressed lady who turned out to be the manager was running around helter-skelter trying to keep the breakfast area stocked and taking care of everyone, even bringing people coffee. (It was exceptionally busy due to some kind of reunion and everyone showed up at the same time.) The next morning was her day off but she dropped in anyway to make sure all was well. But her excellent example didn't really rub off. As soon as she left, the attendant took off her hairnet to show off her long, flowing locks. Nice hair, but I don't really want it in my food, thanks. While the cat's away......

Just before we left my wife decided to have a closer look at the bed. Under the sheets she noticed numerous black and red dots. Whatever they were, they weren't moving, thankfully. But then she also noticed some stains on the bedskirt that we'd rather not get into too much detail about.

Bottom line, hard working management but uncaring slacker employees. Very quiet and a good sleep - if you can blot out the poor cleanliness levels. Definitely not what the slogan was going for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Lucky_Eddie

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to aplogize for the issues you had with your room accomdations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you and your wife. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similiar situations can be avoided in the future. I truly value your comments as this give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologizes for the issues you experienced during your stay with us.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am a LOYAL Marriott patron, but this place is sub par. Late arrival and tired so I put up with it but never again! The front desk staff seemed like they were doing me a favor to check me in. DIRTY room. Smelled funky too!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear FSUMomDad

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest reguest. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatifaction you experienced during your stay and we regret that we did not live up to our promise. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we have made these corrections the next time you are in the area.
Hollywood, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We picked this hotel at the last minute, so the Marriott property I wanted wasn't available (Spring Hill Suites). The room was just plain dirty. If I hadn't arrived late at night with a young child, I would've insisted on a different room. The carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed and the bathroom floor was sticky. The counters looked like they had been wiped with a dirty rag. The breakfast area had lots of seating and a good selection of items, but once again the counters looked as if they'd been wiped with a dirty rag. Now I understand why there was no one there. We'll choose one of the other dozens of hotels at BWI next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chris_Mc2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites BWI. Let me apologize for the situations you have described with our housekeeping service. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with excellence in service in and accommodations. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further regarding your stay with us, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at anytime. My direct number is 443-577-5450. Every problem is seen as an opportunity for us to improve, and I can assure you the comments will be shared with all of our staff to ensure this is not repeated.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

It was the first time I've ever stayed the Fairfield Inn and I loved it nice clean room great service! and they gave great directions first time in Baltimoreand they made me feel like I've been there many of timesI truly look forward to going back that way5/5/2014

• Stayed August 2013
Dear PastorStewart,

Thank you for generating such positive remarks during your most recent stay with us at the BWI Fairfield Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and I have shared your comment with the staff.

If there's anything more that we can do to make your future stay enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at
ebony.s.harvin@marriott.com

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warms regards

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!