“Horrible Shuttle Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Andover Road, Linthicum Heights, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Waldorf, Maryland
“Horrible Shuttle Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

A travel companion and I stayed at this hotel prior to our 6 AM flight out of BWI. The hotel was ok and could use some intense cleaning. The staff was not organized . We requested shuttle service to the airport. The desk clerk informed us that the shuttle would be ready at 4:05 AM. At 4:00 there were several of us waiting for the shuttle, at 4:20 AM the clerk informed us that driver was not coming. Franticly she called another hotel to pick us up. After 10 minutes the shuttle arrived. There were people on the bus that was worried that they would miss their flight.

We left our vehicle at the hotel and purchased the long term parking permit. We arrived back from our trip. We contacted the hotel requested an airport pickup. It took the hotel one hour and 10 minutes to send a shuttle. We contacted the hotel several times and was given a different answer and ETA by all. I dont recommend dealing with this establishment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a newer facility with a nice lobby and up to date decor. After settling into my room I visited the bathroom. I should have looked there first. Hair, the short kind, on toilet seat, floor and in the shower. Vanity top was partially wiped and smudged, with soap marks on faucet and marble top. After seeing this. I called the front desk...who could not clean the bathroom but could move me...I was too tired to repack and move...next trip...I'lll stay elsewhere, or at least look over the room before unpacking...

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
north olmsted, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a very nice Fairfield but they have poor shuttle service. Here's what happened.

I arrived at BWI at 8:45 p.m. on Sunday night. I called the hotel, spoke to the front desk clerk and asked for the shuttle as soon as I got off of the plane. I went out to the pick up area (I was in the correct area). At 9:10, after all of the other people standing with me had been picked up by other courtesy vans, I called back, asking where the shuttle was. It was at this point that the clerk told me at it ran every 30 minutes (would have been good information on the first call) and that she would send the shuttle over. (This implied that she really didn’t contact the shuttle driver the first time I called.) I waited. Then at 9:30, I called again. This time the front desk clerk told me that the shuttle driver had other stops at the airport (which I realize) but seriously? 45 minutes for the shuttle?!

Finally, the obviously well trained and customer oriented driver from the WESTIN who had seen me standing outside at the pick up area now for 45 minutes, took pity on me and asked me if he could drop me off at my hotel. That’s right. Another hotel van driver brought me to my hotel. Pretty sad and unexcusable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wakefield, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

A two year old property, 7-10 minute shuttle from BWI, same to the Amtrak station. I've stayed in 200+ Farifield's over the years and this is in the top 5. Expansive and modern lobby area, small indoor pool and fitness room. Rooms are larger then your average Fairfield, small flat screen TV, fridge. Very nicely designed and spacious bathroom, clean and comfortable beds. Only complaint is they must have spent too much on the building and decided to skimp on the towels. By far some of the cheapest quality I've encountered. My particular room had no ironing board as well. There are several hotel choices in this area. Two restaurants within walking distance- a Chili's and an Indian place (also a Starbucks). Plenty of other choices within a short drive. Decent free breakfast, hot choices were eggs, sausage, waffles. Fresh fruit was a nice addition as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Morehead, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

You can’t go wrong here. A comfortable motel in a reasonably unhurried neighborhood around BWI. Some minor problems like no towel racks or bathroom vent, and our plastic-card keys had to be recharged, along with many others. But the hot breakfasts were top notch and there were plenty of tables, which meant no jockeying for position. I’d stay here again at the drop of a hat.

Room Tip: All rooms are great as long as they’re not near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a business trip. Great location near BWI airport. Close to everything we needed to do in Baltimore City, Bowie/Laurel, & Ellicot City areas.

Continental breakfast was very satisfying & the customer service was great. Exceptional service was provided by Mr. Thomas,Jillian, & Jay. Thank y'all for helping to make our business trip a success.

• Stayed October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've stayed in countless hotels including many Fairfield Inn's. This was without a doubt the nicest Fairfield Inn that I have ever stayed in. The lobby is open, spacious and inviting and the Front Desk Staff was great. I had a King Suite and the room was perfect. Great size, extremely comfortable bed and overall relaxing. Didn't use many of the amenities because I was only there for one night, but I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!