“Beautiful Hotel / Not so good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Andover Road, Linthicum Heights, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Hotel / Not so good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is immaculate. Enjoyed the room, walk-in shower and everything that came along with it. However, a not so good check-in and subsequent check out experience. I stayed at the hotel on Saturday, August 17, 2013. I had a form for a Marriott Friends & Family Rate. The party I was suppose to meet had not arrived with the form but I needed to check-in. I was told I can check in but it had to be at the normal rate which was $22.00 more. Ok...never heard such but it was ok by me until time for check out. I was told by the front desk staff that only a manager can give a refund and there was NO manager on duty. I have traveled and stayed at many hotels and NEVER heard of such a thing. It is now September 6th almost 3 weeks to the day of check out and I am still waiting for a check of $22.00 to be sent to me for refund. All because of a WEIRD POLICY. If your gonna have that policy at least have a manager on duty at all times to give a refund.

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Airport hotel about the closest you can get to BWI--- Utilized the shuttle service to BWI, but was surprised to find out the shuttle only ran until 1, so my 130 AM return flight resulted in me taking a cab. I left my car at hotel for 5 bucks extra a night--not a bad deal as compared to airport parking.

Would use again when flying out of BWI.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice Fairfield with comfy beds and good breakfast. Clean and comfortable. You cannot go wrong with the price for this area. It is a bit more remote than some which means a bit more quiet. Would recommend this and I am fussy because I travel frequently.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Came into town for one night to attend a wedding, I requested a room on a high floor, we received a room on the second floor with zero view, well because our window was blocked by the fairfield sign. Still intent on making the best of it I did not complain. The room was clean and nice, no complaints until I open the fridge and see the past guest food in our room still in the mini fridge. Now I'm upset and I still did not say anything because again I'm like "well it's just one night" I can deal. I take my daughter down to the pool and this pool could have been cleaner and flitered I stayed in 10 minutes because my skin started to itch.

Later on I came down after I put my child to sleep and I spoke with Monica the night manager and she made us feel 100% better about experience and that she would surely bring up the issue with the food being left and she stress that cleanliness was the company 1st priority etc. She was so professional and seemed to really care about our experience. She basically saved my whole entire view of this hotel. Thank you Monica!

Room Tip: Avoid room 216 no view of anything but the back of the sign lol
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for 4 nights in August 2013. Booking was simple online and we got the best rate at the Marriott site. The staff have been wonderful from the moment we arrived. They are friendly, helpful and very accommodating in the reception area, dining room and throughout the hotel. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts have a great variety and there is no reason to go away hungry! We also were able to do laundry - which was FREE..!
A sincere thank you to all the staff that made our stay so comfortable. We have stayed in Baltimore many times, but were never treated as well. We will most definitely be back!
If you are planning a stay in Baltimore, you can't beat this hotel.

Room Tip: Comfortable beds & room. Great shower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice updated decor. Comfy beds. Good breakfast. Best of all, cheap parking that beat out any of the airport lots, and they had a limo. Good deal for staying the night before a flight, and a good place to leave the car while you're gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay here, the hotel is less than a five minute drive to the Baltimore Airport. The hotel is even closer than the car rental for the Baltimore Airport. They also offer free shuttle service.

The hotel is located on a quiet street next to a Courtyard. It seemed like a brand new hotel. Check in could have been faster but the front reception was very thorough in explaining all the amenities to the guests in front of us. But no biggie.

I like the modern decor on the lobby. The room was decent but housekeeping could have been more attentive and noticed that the flat panel TV had numerous fingerprints and marks and the desk wasn't cleaned. I'm already seeing signs of wear in this new hotel. The reddish water marks in the bathroom, darker tiles on the lower shower tiles, marks on the walls and this hotel 'looks' new. And the towels are thinner but I expected that since this is a Fairfield and it's the lower end of the Marriott's chain.

The free WIFI was strong and breakfast was good almost the same as the Springhill but they only had instant oatmeal in a packet.

It has all the amenities for an overnight stay close to the airport but would definitely check TA reviews before staying here again considering that they don't maintain this property as well as they should.

• Stayed August 2013
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Good Day Anoini2, I’d like to start off by thanking you for your comments and offering us some opportunities to improve. We appreciate the feedback to ensure that our teams live up to the expectations of our guests. We sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations as we have shared these items with our entire team to ensure these items are not overlooked. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again when you are back in the BWI area.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!