“Parking is NOT really free!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Andover Road, Linthicum Heights, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Parking is NOT really free!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the new BWI Fairfield on February 14, prior to departing to Cancun. When I booked the hotel room from their website, it specifically says "All room rates include complimentary breakfast, PARKING and in-room high speed Internet access." The parking is NOT free. It's only free the night you stay at the hotel. If you're planning on parking your car there while going somewhere on vacation via BWI, be prepared to pay an additional $5 per night. I showed the receptionist my confirmation receipt and she said "it's only free to park here over night. It's a lot cheaper than parking at the airport." She didn't get that the ONLY reason I booked the hotel was to get the free parking. The only thing that annoys me more than paying $12 per day for parking at BWI is paying $5 per day to park at a hotel that advertises the parking is free! Next time we'll stay at our usually place, the Hilton BWI, also very new and modern, sans the free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I would like to share with all travelers my experience staying at this hotel. As a seasoned traveler that spends at least 48 weeks a year in hotels and as a Marriott Platinum Premier Member, I would be remise if I didnt compliment the professional service, clean rooms and hospitaltity that I have enjoyed during my stays there. The staff and management go the extra mile to make sure that you enjoy your stay, I recommend this hotel to all travelers, regardless if you are in town for business or pleasure.
Thanks again, Richard A Bailey

Room Tip: All the rooms are good at Marriotts!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Mr. Bailey, we appreciate your pleasant comments about our Hotel and Staff. Thank you so much for your kind words, and hopefully we’ll see you again soon!
Amityville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had the opportunity of staying at this hotel twice. Each time the Rooms and the facility was spotless. The Hospitatlity from the employees was 5 star. Each time the staff made us feel important and that they wanted us to be there.. Whenever I come to Baltimore, this is where I will be staying.. I also recommended a few friends and relatives to this hotel and they were all pleased with their overall experience. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the area. A 5 star experience at a resonable price.....

Room Tip: The Suites are comfortable for small families....
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to compliment us, the Staff here appreciate it and love hearing that their hard work paid off. You couldn’t ask for anything better then a satisfied guest who recommends us to their friends and family. We look forward to seeing you again!
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel mainly because of their indoor pool. Before even arriving at the hotel I called to confirm that the pool would be open during my stay with my daughter. I was told it would be open. This first morning of our stay I brought my daughter down to swim only to find that the pool did not open until 5 pm. I went to the front desk to ask why the late hours on the pool and I was rudely told by the man who was working that they were a business hotel and not a family hotel. Our second morning which was a Saturday we were at the pool by 10:30.when we got there we were told by the life guard that he had just put chemicals in the pool and we would have to wait 30 minutes before entering. I don't understand why this wasn't done during the huge gaps of time when the pool is closed.
The walls are paper thin. We had neighbors that were so loud the second night that I had to call the front desk twice. I gave up after the second time because nothing was being done. The other guests continued until 330 am. Also during our stay my daughter found a large screw under the dek chair.
The highlight of the stay was Ciera. She checked me in and out both quickly and efficiently. She also told me that the guests that were being so loud should have been asked to leave. I really wish she had been working the might before, then maybe we would have gotten ome sleep. Ciera was great! She even made sure to say happy birthday to my 4 year old daughter!thank you for the personal touch!
The room itself was nice however, there was no hair dryer, microwave or iron. All 3 items I needed while staying there.
I would stay here again for a quick overnight but not for any great length of time mainly because they re not family friendly with their pool schedule and lack of items in their room.

• Stayed January 2012
Meghan L , I’d like to start off by apologizing to you for not being able to provide you with the level of service you expected from us. We’ve since implemented a strict No-Party Policy on our weekends, trained our Front Desk Staff in how to deal with loud or rowdy guests, and spoken with our Pool management company about being sure that our guests are able to use our pool during our posted hours, and having the maintenance issues resolved before the Pool is opened each day.
We have also placed a Microwave in our lobby for guest use, and made our in-room amenities (such as the Hairdryer and Iron) more visible. I am grateful for any guest comments, it shows that you care as well. Thank you
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband is staying here extended-stay while working out of town. Kids and I visited him over the weekend and found the hotel new, clean and safe. Housekeeping did a fine job every day, the freebie breakfast was nice and set up well with hot, fresh foods and drinks. Lobby was well presented with staff available any time you needed someone.

There were computers (free usage) in the lobby. Also an indoor pool and exercise room but we didn't use either.

We were in a king suite, which was spacious with a pull-out sofa and a nice desk area and TWO tv sets. Fridge and micro in room and everything was clean. Bathroom was very nice and large - no tub though, but we didn't care.

I'd like to make special note to the nice front desk employee who was working the night of January 20th. He helped my son configure his Nintendo 3-DS to work with the Wi Fi. I'm so sorry I can't remember your name, but I remember your face and thanks for your help.

I can recommend the Fairfield Inn, BWI.

Room Tip: The king suite had a spacious glass shower but not a bath tub - so if you like to soak, check which...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We’re so glad you were able to enjoy your time with us, even if it was just for the weekend. Hopefully you’ll be back soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I travel all over the country and find this property a great place to stay. The staff is responsive and the property is great. I conducted a national sales meeting at our headquarters close by and, I must say it was a wonderful place to have everyone stay. Will definately be back.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad one yet. The suites are great.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I’ll be sure to let our staff know that they did an excellent job providing you with that Marriott service. Hopefully you and anyone else visiting your Headquarters will come stay with us again soon!
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Last June I booked the new Fairfield Inn at BWI Airport for a Park & Fly in December. I had reserved two queen beds, and even though we checked in after 3:00, our room was still not ready. We were given a king bed with a sleeper sofa, but our stay was satisfactory. We traveled on vacation, flying out of BWI, leaving our car at the hotel for the week.

Our flight was delayed two hours on the way back, so we were anxious to get on the road for our three hour drive back to home. I called the hotel for our return shuttle and I was asked if I had already called. I said "no", and she replied "well we've had a lot of calls tonight, but he should be there very soon." After 25 minutes, I called again. It was 34 degrees out, and we had been standing outside waiting the entire time - the trip is less than a 10 minute drive. The desk clerk said the driver should have been there by now. She had me wait on the phone line while she called him. She then advised me that he was stuck in traffic and there was nothing she could do. I told her all of the other hotel vans were picking up people on our flight, and taxis were continually picking up customers as well. I told her it was freezing - we were in shorts and sandals after our flight from Jamaica. She advised that if we went inside, the driver would not be able to stop for us. Once again she said there was nothing she could do to help us.

Well after 45 minutes in the cold, I called back again and asked to speak to the manager. Unfortunately, the desk clerk was the acting manager on duty. I told her the situation was ridiculous and that she needed to get us a taxi. She relented, and after 55 minutes in the freezing temperatures, we were on our way back to our car. We asked our taxi driver if there were any traffic problems that evening. He advised there were none - he had had many airport fares. We as well saw no traffic delays, and we were at the hotel in under 10 minutes.

This was such a disappointing end to our vacation, and we have never been treated so badly by any hotel. We travel a lot, and we have stayed at many of the Marriott chains, but I would be hard pressed to select Marriott again. I sent an e-mail to customer service and I was advised that I would hear from someone in 3 - 5 days. I received a very brief e-mail, stating customer service was the most important goal. Well in this case it certainly was not. Thank you for the opportunity to express my displeasure.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ebony H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Good evening. As the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel, I would first like to say that I am thankful for all of your comments about the hotel. I believe that without the thoughtful opionions of the customers, my hotel can only go but so far, because it is the employees and the manager which runs the hotel. However, it is the ideas and thoughts of you, the clients, that motivate the staff to vigorously work harder, in order to satisfy your daily needs, as well as to strive to become a better and outsatnding hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience that the shuttle bus may have caused you; we are in the process of obtaining an additonal shuttle, which would better suit you , the guest. Also, I would like to apologize for my staff, the customers are the most important part of the hotel, and I would like to emphasize on this statement: " I do not tolerate any employee or member of my staff with lack interest for any customers ". I will make sure this hotel does live up to the expectations of not only the staff but our guest as well. If you have any further questions please send them in; I am grateful for any comments. Thank you

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport? Share your experiences!