“Better than you might imgaine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Linthicum Heights
The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute
You added The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute to your Saves list
692 Maritime Boulevard, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“Better than you might imgaine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

The organization I work for uses this for conferences on a regular basis and I have come to really look forward to coming here. The rooms are comfortable, although the televisions are out of date. The food is excellent. I always eat more than I should--tasty and a good variety. The Institute runs a free shuttle to and from BWI Airport and the Amtrak station. The bar in the lobby is well-priced.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was here for a work retreat. The corridors and bathrooms were a little dated but the beds looked clean, well-dressed and comfortable. I have hotel issues: I'm usually iffy about touching the floor with my bare feet, sitting on comforters, you get the picture. But that bed looked soooo good. As I leaned back to nestle into the pillows, I saw it - someone's black thong underwear under the chair. I let the staff know and they offered to change my room immeditaly. I decided to stay in my room and just have it cleaned again but it raised a little question about the cleanliness of the hotel. But the retreat facilities were comfortable enough and my colleagues and I had fun sitting outside with our popcorn and drinks in the evenings.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I attended a business sponsored 5-day workshop in November so I can't comment on the value of the accommodations.

The free Institute shuttle picked us up from BWI within 10 minutes of our calling for it. Had a very quick and friendly check-in.

The pluses: clean, odor free (no cleaning/deodorizing/masking fragrances stinking up the room) sleeping rooms; nice pillows; decent showerheads with plenty of hot water in large shower (no tub); internet access (plug in cable provided); buffet meals - abundant quantity and choices - the great soups and salad bar selections were my favorite things; friendliest dining staff I have ever encountered; very accommodating front desk staff; all around friendly staff everywhere on the grounds; nice meeting rooms with comfy chairs.

The minuses: rooms facing the freeway seemed to have cellophane for windows -- the traffic noise was SO loud (I asked to be moved and was put into a quiet courtyard facing room. The front desk person said they had a lot of complaints about the room I was originally in and I was thinking, "then why did you even put me in there?"); although walls seemed paper thin and hallways were loud and echoey, it wasn't really a problem because I was with a group of colleagues on the same floor -- if noise bothers you, bring ear plugs. The bed was much too hard for my taste and most of the people I was with felt the same. Although abundant, buffet meals were not exactly gourmet, nor were the hot foods hot enough( with the exception of the excellent soups and the cold salad bar).

Overall, the Conference Center was a nice place for business meetings. Although the sleeping rooms are a bit worn and dated (definitely past their prime), the cleanliness and staff friendliness more than made up for that deficit.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
bel air md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I had a three day conference at the hotel. I didn't say so I can speak about the rooms. The food, however, was the best food I have ever had at a conference. It might not have been five start dining but it was great. The variety of food was five star. There is always a salad bar and always another hot vegetarian meal. I enjoyed it and cant wait to go back.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

Have had several conferences at this hotel now. The facilities are OK, but certainly not luxurious. The beds are reasonably comfortable, the rooms are clean, and overall it represents reasonable value. The biggest problem is the food, which is all cafeteria style and is pretty bland. Overall a reasonable place to hold a conference cheaply, but don't count on too many repeat attendees!

• Liked — Very little
  • Disliked — The food
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute? Share your experiences!