“A Bit Disappointing...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5179 Raynor Avenue, I-695 at Exit #8, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Ithaca, NY
“A Bit Disappointing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I checked into my hotel room at the Motel 6 on Raynor Ave in Linthicum Heights, MD around an hour ago. The room is very clean an contemporary (somewhat similar to the rooms at the newer Red Roof Inns, but smaller), and there is a modern shower stall, but no bathtub.

In any event, when I checked in the front desk clerk (from behind bulletproof glass) told me that the hotel's credit card system wasn't working so I would have to pay with cash. Since I didn't have enough cash on hand to pay her that way, I had to drive to three different gas stations in the area that advertised ATM's until I found one with a working ATM.

I returned to the hotel's front desk/armored window, and then checked in using cash, my driver's license, etc.

When I entered the room, the telephone didn't (and still doesn't) work perhaps for the same reason that their credit card processing system isn't working. The hotel's advertised wireless internet service isn't working either (which they would charge approximately $4./day for if their credit card processing system worked). Hence, I'm accessing the internet via my handy VIrgin Broadband to Go device.

The walls and doors in this hotel are not well insulated from sound since I can easily hear the room next door's television and the people outside my door having a conversation as if they were four feet away. For the amount of money I am paying for this room, the next hotel I stay in at this level will be a Red Roof Inn which would be a much better value for the money.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009 via mobile

This was the worst motel I ever stayed in. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I ever slept in. No frig or microwave in the room for soda, water and mod nite snack. No carpet and the wooden floor was dirty. I did not even showder for it was dirty. I had to use my own towels cuz towels smelled. I will never stay here ever again. I will gladly sleep in the car or at the airport then stay here ever again. Travelers beware!! Don't say I did not warn you.

• Stayed February 2010
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I admit, I was very surprised. My husband booked the room, and we had just stayed at another Motel 6 outside of Pittsburgh which was quite awful. However this one has recently been remodeled. The room was very cool! It had a real Euro design. The floors were a type of nice faux bamboo flooring. There was a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The bath was nice and modern looking. We were both quite impressed!
We kept saying, "Is this really a Motel 6?" We only stayed one night because were just passing through enroute to D.C. and spent the night to see a baseball game in Baltimore. The room was cheery and clean.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
madison, wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I left my cell phone in my room and room service stole it! The hotel was recently remodeled and looked really nice, but management here is abhorrent. When I reported my phone missing it felt like the staff was just trying to play me for a fool and blow me off. A lot of people hanging out in the parking lots and on balconies, which doesn't bother me, since I don't live in the nicest of neighborhoods myself, but the lack of professionalism and respect really wore me down. Based on the other reviews Motel 6 should just shut this location down.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I stayed in this Motel 6 for a week when in training for a new job in Oct. 2006. I arrived late on Sunday night and there was seedy riff-raf all over the place. The front desk worker was polite enough, but the room was awful! It smelled like a mix of bleach and mildew. The carpet seemed damp and tacky the entire week. The bathroom and shower were filthy, but at least the water was hot. The bed was very uncomfortable and after just a few nights my back was killing me.

The worst was that I honestly did not feel secure while I was there. Sure there were double-locks on the door, but several nights I was awoken at 3 or 4 in the morning by someone screaming outside. Young children were running up and down past my room until well after midnight most nights. I could frequently hear people speaking lowly just outside my room door. The parking lot was dark and hidden in the back of the motel with no security whatsoever.

Although I had paid up front for the room, I ended up commuting back home (2.5 hours away) every day the the latter half of the week, rather than stay at the motel.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

The rooms are nasty. Urine feces all over the walls and light switch. The rug was wet. the towels were dirty. The setting of the hotel is dirty.I would not recommend a dog to stay at that hotel. I am surprise that the health department did not shut the joint down. That place is for hookers and drug dealers who just want to take care of hooker and drug dealing business. I hope that no one have gotten a serious disease or infection from that hell hole. The only thing that was appealing was the two guys that work for the hotel they had manners and was attentive to service.

• Liked — the two guys that was mannerable and considerable
  • Disliked — everthing the rooms was dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

Sanitation is apparently not a concern there. There were feces smeared on the walls and light switches. Every wall had dried liquids that had been spilt or sprayed on them. The carpet was wet and sticky. (smelled like urine and soda.) We tried laying all of the towel on the floor so we could have a surface to walk on where our shoes would not stick so much, but the towels aborbed the goo too much and made the situation worse. There were no trash cans, and missing a few light bulbs. And the non-smoking room clearly wasn't.
Now to the outside. If you are into open air drug dealing, drug use, and and obvious prostitiution, then maybe this would be a place you like.
I did feel sorry for the poor woman who was left alone to work the front desk. She was kind and patient. All evening there was a steady stream of guests coming in to ask for help regarding their rooms or to air their complaints. Unfrotunately for her, hotel policy would not let her let people like me switch rooms.
We ended up sleeping in the car, and still had to pay them $66.

• Liked — The front desk staff, and the flower pot by the lobby door
  • Disliked — Everything about the property, excepting the flower pot
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport? Share your experiences!