“Awful, awful place.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5179 Raynor Avenue, I-695 at Exit #8, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #28 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“Awful, awful place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

One of the cleaners stole my wallet from my room while I had left for just a moment. I had a lot of money in it at the time because I had cashed some cheques that I had saved up from working for a few months and was returning to Ireland. When I complained, the manager said she checked their records and that they had no record of any cleaner using a key card to enter the room. She then told me that she was going to call the police if I didn't leave their property. When the police arrived, the manager told a completely different story about the cleaners and they key card. She said that a cleaner could have used their key card, but ''corporate'' would have to give the authority to check the records. Couldn't believe it. The police couldn't help me and I was left with no money and no cards to access any money or buy anything.

Room Tip: Don't go to Motel 6
Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed in hotels & motels all over the world and I must say this is the worst one I have ever stayed in. Upon entering the room I noticed that the back was broken off of one of the chairs at the table. I thought, no big deal. Then I saw the bed. It consisted of a very hard mattress laying on a board(yes, you heard that right), it's a mattress laying on top of a board with stilts. Laying on a pile of rocks couldn't be any harder. But it gets worse. When I went to take a shower I noticed that the shower consisted of a very small "tube" in the corner of the bathroom. It reminds you of driving up at an ATM machine(the kind where you put money, etc. in a container and send it through the tube to inside of the bank). So, when I stepped inside of this tube and closed the curtain I found out that the shower was so small that I couldn't wash anything but my face & neck. When I tried to wash my legs, etc. I couldn't reach them. The space was so tight I couldn't take a shower. I even backed against the wall & tried to contort myself; but I still couldn't reach below my chest area. Finally, I got out of the shower and finished bathing in the sink. The bathroom floor looked like it had never been mopped. Then I left the room to go meet friends for dinner. I got stuck on the elevator and had to call for help. The motel staff said they had gotten stuck on the elevator themselves before. They said it had been reported to management before but so far it had not been fixed. Be afraid...be very afraid!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this motel period!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Can't complain, it had a flat screen tv, modern-esque design, and most of all cheap room rate. I won't say anything bad about a business but the service could have been a little more friendly..yet again it had a flat screen tv and was in the $50-$60 range. The previous review was true: you get what you pay for..but this was better than the average airport motel, maybe even better than the average airport hotel..I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I would spend the night in my car before I would sleep here again! Room was dirty. At form to the mattress had food spills on it. Bed spread had cigarettes burns all over them. It smelled funny!!!!! Asked for extra towels. We had 4 in my party and only had 2 towels never got them. They say they leave the light on, they have too. It keeps the roaches away.

• Stayed June 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

The room is really small. The have a flat screen t.v, a nice sitting area and a small shower. Im just staying here for one night so it services it purpose. Check in was ok. They didn't need to hold any extra money for anything . You just pay for your room and that's it. The bed spread has burn spots in it. The laminate floors look nice!

• Stayed February 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The price was right, and the only two things I didn't like were (1.) the bed had no box spring, so it was very firm (aka hard and uncomfortable), but that may just be because I am spoiled by my Select Comfort mattress at home, and (2) the cable-TV lineup didn't include the Fox News Channel. But I wasn't there to watch TV anyway, so that is only a minor complaint.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Room was uncomfortable, shower was tiny. Staff was too busy talking to each other to even acknowledge us when we walked in the lobby, we ended up standing there for 3-5 minutes while they finished up their personal conversation before even saying hello to us. The blanket in our non-smoking room had cigarette holes in it and the room itself wasn't very clean. I requested a first floor room close to parking and they tried to put us on the 3rd floor. I was not impressed. The one good thing I can come up with is the wall mounted 32 in. tv was nicer than your standard budget hotel tv.

Room Tip: This is a 4 story hotel, ask for 1st.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport? Share your experiences!