“Nice updates” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport

You added Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5179 Raynor Avenue, I-695 at Exit #8, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice updates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Can't complain, it had a flat screen tv, modern-esque design, and most of all cheap room rate. I won't say anything bad about a business but the service could have been a little more friendly..yet again it had a flat screen tv and was in the $50-$60 range. The previous review was true: you get what you pay for..but this was better than the average airport motel, maybe even better than the average airport hotel..I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I would spend the night in my car before I would sleep here again! Room was dirty. At form to the mattress had food spills on it. Bed spread had cigarettes burns all over them. It smelled funny!!!!! Asked for extra towels. We had 4 in my party and only had 2 towels never got them. They say they leave the light on, they have too. It keeps the roaches away.

• Stayed June 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

The room is really small. The have a flat screen t.v, a nice sitting area and a small shower. Im just staying here for one night so it services it purpose. Check in was ok. They didn't need to hold any extra money for anything . You just pay for your room and that's it. The bed spread has burn spots in it. The laminate floors look nice!

• Stayed February 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The price was right, and the only two things I didn't like were (1.) the bed had no box spring, so it was very firm (aka hard and uncomfortable), but that may just be because I am spoiled by my Select Comfort mattress at home, and (2) the cable-TV lineup didn't include the Fox News Channel. But I wasn't there to watch TV anyway, so that is only a minor complaint.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Room was uncomfortable, shower was tiny. Staff was too busy talking to each other to even acknowledge us when we walked in the lobby, we ended up standing there for 3-5 minutes while they finished up their personal conversation before even saying hello to us. The blanket in our non-smoking room had cigarette holes in it and the room itself wasn't very clean. I requested a first floor room close to parking and they tried to put us on the 3rd floor. I was not impressed. The one good thing I can come up with is the wall mounted 32 in. tv was nicer than your standard budget hotel tv.

Room Tip: This is a 4 story hotel, ask for 1st.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I'm not a hotel snob, but this place is disgusting. The bed covers have cigarette holes... The towels are non-existent... there was a long black hair on the bed sheet...the floor is is a light plastic wood that shows enough mold to convince me to burn any socks that have hit the floor. Thank God I only have one night to deal...

The one pro: cheap and attempted for a modern furnishing...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

A New Coat Of Paint is Not Enough

On my escape to Washington, DC, the Motel 6 that I stayed in last night in Fredericksburg was a real value. So I decided to try another one near Baltimore/Washington Airport Wednesday night.

With the Fredericksburg property I cruised up to it first before making the reservation. But with this property I made the reservation site unseen. That was a mistake.

Location: The other BWI hotels, which I’ve seen before, are easily within a mile or less of the airport. This Motel 6 BWI is NOT close to the airport at all and really should not be using the airport name as part of its title. I’d say the distance to the airport is closer to four miles. The area that it is in appears to be a little bit grimey. The exterior of the hotel has definitely not been kept up and there was a huge patch of ceiling missing in the hallway, leaving telephone wiring and some type of insulation exposed.
The parking area was just a bit dark and somewhat isolated. Other than a gas station or two there is not much around here

Environment: A guy was out front yelling to no one in particular, that he was a federal employee too and you couldn’t do anything to him. I have no clue what he was talking about.

Interior: The room doors face out to the external hallway. Walked in the door and was surprised. The bathroom looked like some design student had just got his first assignment and wanted to impress. The sink area was art deco in design with a sink that looked like a big soup bowl, blacking deck, sophisticated lighting and an odd single piece open face cabinet to hold your towels. There is flat screen television. The bed actually looks like a low height table with a mattress and no box spring on it. The spread is a bold two-tone job with a big stripe running through it. The floor is not carpeted, just a vinyl covering to match the walls. Someone in corporate took the time to try to make a splash with this décor.

Now here is where the problems lie. The fancy bedspread, well on both beds there are cigarette burns hole in the spreads and dark marks. That immediately makes you question of sanitary level of everything else. The bedspreads are starting to unravel, which indicates no care in the laundering process. Once I pulled up the bedspread I found that the sheets themselves had burn holes in them. Something that I would not expect in a non-smoking unit or even a smoking unit for that matter.

The walls are thin and unfortunately the neighbors and their child are way too loud. I examine the locks on the door and the frame plate appears bent as if it were not installed properly or someone damaged it in trying to force it open (yes, I double checked it for strength). There are strange noises outside with way too many people hanging outside their rooms.

Because of the conditions of the sheets, I actually used the bathroom towels and slept on top of them. I felt more comfortable with the bathroom towels dividing me from those sheets.

Even though the interior was obviously slapped with some paint and a little design touches by corporate, you get the impression that the management of the actual hotel is doing nothing to maintain it.

Internet: The connection is horrible in this hotel and they charge $3 for it. I got my money back.

I won’t do this one again. Here are some photos.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore - BWI Airport? Share your experiences!