“Solid choice close to BWI.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   829 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, MD
“Solid choice close to BWI.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

In town for a wedding. Spent two nights at this property, and left totally satisfied. Pros: scored a great rate booking directly through Hilton's website. The price was right, and parking was free. BWI's hotel district is an easy 15-minute drive to downtown Baltimore, and so this hotel was an excellent option to save some money while visiting the city. Speaking of parking-- we had two cars, and on the first night we had no trouble finding two spots together right next to the building. The hotel has several entrances (locked but accessible by key card), so even if you park around back, you won't have to drag your luggage all the way to the front of the building after you've checked in. Other pros: the room was fine, clean, mini-fridge, microwave, decent free wifi. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, *but* they extend their weekend hours from 6 AM (5:15 AM for cold items) until 11 AM-- an hour longer than most Hampton Inns. Also, the front desk gave a later-than-usual late check-out-- until 2 PM. Only a few minor cons-- some updates needed (e.g. our bathroom hand towel rack fell out of the wall... not a big deal), there is no pool, no Hampton pantry to buy snacks/drinks (just vending machines, which offered quite a limited selection). One last plus: this hotel includes menus for local eateries/delivery options in the room information binder-- super helpful for out of town travelers (esp. those without a car) to find something to eat in an area where there's not much within walking distance. Hotel staff were uniformly welcoming and helpful throughout the weekend. Overall, a solid choice when visiting the BWI/Baltimore area. Would gladly stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your two night stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! We truly appreciate your feedback, and are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. I'm glad that you were able to utilize many of our complimentary services such as the breakfast and Wi-Fi. We hope to see you the next time you are visiting Baltimore, and have a lovely day!

Julia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I won't be staying here again. This hotel is damp and noisy! Not to the level I expect from a Hampton inn. I requested a dehumidifier for my room, but none was available. Not sure what can be done to fix the noise problems...

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Could you please give us a call at the hotel directly to speak with a manager about your experience? We would like to see if there is anything that we could do for you because we truly care about each and every guest. Have a great day, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just about every major hotel chain is represented within a five mile radius of the BWI Airport. This is not the most modern or the fanciest hotel you will find, but the staff are consistently friendly, and they go out of their way to be helpful. Unlike some other hotels in the area, when I DO have a problem, they work hard to fix it promptly and to my satisfaction.

I stay here about five nights per month, and I am consistently greeted by name when I check in. so far, I have not had any issues with rates or billing. When I have received a room that was not up to par, I have gone to the front desk and they have promptly put me in another room. I would not ask for much more.

Yes, the building is older, and could use some rehab, there is no doubt about it. It is a simple hotel, and you get what you pay for. However, in my opinion, the staff more than make up for any short-comings of the facility.

Room Tip: If you don't like the room that you receive, let the front desk know about it. In my experience...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a great review about our property! Our staff truly cares about each and every guest, and if there is a problem, we try our very best to make sure that it is resolved. Your review reminds our staff that their hard work is appreciated! We are in the planning phase of a major renovation, so those issues will be addressed. We're glad that you are a repeat guest at our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you stay with us. Again, thank you, and have a great day!

Newton, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just finished a 6-night stay at this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers, and I would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff was very friendly and professional, and our room was comfortable and clean. I was impressed with the breakfast each morning, as the menu varied from day to day, and the food was quite good. This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport, light rail station, and the MARC train station. We utilized the hotel shuttle each day and we never had to wait more than a few minutes after requesting the shuttle. We took the MARC train into DC which is about a 45 minute ride to Union Station, so access to DC isn't bad at all. A couple of complaints: our room did not have a refrigerator; I don't know if any of the rooms had one. The lobby area was uncomfortably warm while eating breakfast, and one of the two business center computers was almost always down. But I would consider those minor inconveniences compared to my overall favorable impression.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello!

Thank you so much for choosing us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! Your review is quite lovely, and we truly appreciate your positive feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed a variety of our complimentary amenities such as the breakfast and our 24-hour on demand shuttle service. I will pass your compliments along to our staff. As for the refrigerators, all of our King room types have them. Our lobby air conditioning has been repaired, so if you were to stay with us again this summer, you'd have a nice and cool area to eat your breakfast. Again, from myself and the staff here at the Hampton Inn BWI, we'd like to say thank you for your review! Have a great day.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel was horrible. The hotel is old and dirty. It needs to be completely renovated. From the carpet in the hallways to the rooms I would not walk around without slippers. When we checked in our room my husband saw a bug. The staff is unprofessional. The air conditioners don't work right, either you're extremely cold our extremely hot. The beds are old and lumpy. Not all the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, which is pretty standard in most hotels. Their queen bed is really a full bed. There is no pool. The breakfast was ok. The best thing about this hotel is the exit! I will not be staying at this hotel ever again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Janine,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience with us; however, we are in the process of fixing all of those issues. Our hotel is in the beginning stages of planning a complete renovation, so the condition issues that you brought up will be addressed. However, our staff is extremely professional and guest-centric. Our team is full of people who truly not only care about their jobs and how they contribute to the overall success of our hotel, but for our guests and their experiences as well. We invite you to contact our hotel directly to speak with a manager regarding your recent stay.

Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Every time I stay at the Hampton Inn, I feel welcome regardless of the time I get to the hotel. The staff is very friendly, patient, helpful and professional. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The atmosphere is very pleasant. The food area is clean, well organized and offers a good variety of food for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Enrique,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn when you are in the BWI area! We really appreciate your feedback, and I am so happy to hear that our staff provides you with such a positive experience every time you stay with us. Have a wonderful day, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed after my connection was delayed, I dropped off my things and stepped out. Upon my return I noticed the drywall was separating and curving into the wall. The man at the front desk was very apologetic and gave me a new room. The TV in the new room had no signal and the faucet in the bath tub was coming out of the wall. I went to sleep and changed clothes without a shower. While the front desk staff was nice the shuttle was not a great experience either. I may have caught them on a bad night but I am not a fan of the Hilton chain anymore.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Matthew,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. I do not feel that your stay was a good representation of what we stand for, so if you could give us a call directly to the hotel and ask for a manager, we would be more than happy to try to rectify the situation for you. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Julia

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!