“Very Dissapointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

You added Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed after my connection was delayed, I dropped off my things and stepped out. Upon my return I noticed the drywall was separating and curving into the wall. The man at the front desk was very apologetic and gave me a new room. The TV in the new room had no signal and the faucet in the bath tub was coming out of the wall. I went to sleep and changed clothes without a shower. While the front desk staff was nice the shuttle was not a great experience either. I may have caught them on a bad night but I am not a fan of the Hilton chain anymore.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Matthew,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. I do not feel that your stay was a good representation of what we stand for, so if you could give us a call directly to the hotel and ask for a manager, we would be more than happy to try to rectify the situation for you. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Julia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Glen Burnie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have never had a bad stay at a Hampton Inn. My air conditioner was out and we needed a place to cool off. I rented the room for the weekend and had a wonderful time. The room was great, the staff was nice, and the price was excellent. I'm visiting family in August and I will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Emporia. Wonderful!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello!

Wow~so happy to hear that you had such a fun and memorable time with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! Our team strives to make every guest's experience as awesome as yours. We truly thank you for taking the time to write a review because we love to hear that our staff is doing a great job. Thanks again, and have a nice weekend!

Hagerstown, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this pleasant Hampton Inn on several occasions when we are flying out of BWI or taking Amtrak. It is ideally located for both, and the staff is very pleasant. Not sure if it was just the last few rooms we stayed in or my increasing age, but the beds on our last few stays were very uncomfortable. Not what you want the night before a long trip.

• Stayed May 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good night's sleep; however, we could maybe provide some extra bedding the next time you stay with us to make you more comfortable. Thank you so much for complimenting our staff, and have a great night.

Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great connectivity for the airport with efficient shuttle service. Front desk staff is pleasant and very informative, with a sense of humor :) Room was excellent and very quiet. Enjoyed our stay! TV room and breakfast area off lobby was clean, spacious, with welcome feel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello!

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed meeting our amazing Front Desk staff. Have a wonderful evening, and come see us the next time you are in the area!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Basically, this is a typical Hampton Inn with nicer towels than most. When I arrived around 11pm, I said to myself, what have I done? In the small lobby were two dozen or so tweeny football players and their parents. Steve was behind the desk, but was keeping his calm. I wouldn't have been so calm. I asked for a quiet room and he obliged me. I asked him about the shuttle the next morning and he said come down 10 minutes before I needed to leave.

Next morning came and I went down to the lobby. Steve was still there. obviously worked the night shift. He said the van would be back in 10 minutes. After 20 minutes I was getting worried as I didn't want to miss my flight. I went to Steve. Steve called the driver and Steve told him "Ok, no problem. I'll handle it." Steve motioned for me, picked up my two pieces of luggage and took me to the airport in his own car.

I was so impressed. Steve saved the day. He went way over and above to please a customer. Steve, I hope you are reading this. Thank you so much for your act of superior Customer Service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Good Evening,

WOW! What an awesome example of customer service from our Night Auditor, Steve! I am so happy to hear that he helped alleviate a potentially stressful situation for you, and was able to get you to the airport on time. He is a wonderful asset to our team, and your experience only affirms his commitment to making our guests our #1 priority! Thank you again for the review, and have a wonderful night.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hampton Inn was good enough for one night. It is close to the airport, and the young lady at the front desk was pleasant and inviting. The check-in process was very quick and uneventful. On the surface, everything seems fine. Then you will notice that this is an old hotel that has been renovated. The problem is that it was not renovated very well. Things seem “rough around the edges.” For instance, the room doors are very old looking. Then we had a torn shower curtain in the bathroom, and our TV came on gradually starting with static, going to black and white, and finally making it to color. When we sat on the sofa, we could see how the flooring near the air conditioning had been caulked (maybe) and then poorly mended back to the walls. It just simply looked like maintenance was not their top priority. I slept fine even though the air conditioning was a little loud. Lastly, I found the breakfast to be just mediocre. Overall, I got a rather low rate compared to others in the area. So, perhaps one can overlook these things for one night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time out of your day to write a review about our hotel. We are in the beginning stages of planning a renovation, so we will be addressing the issues that you have mentioned; I do apologize if they provided you with a less-than-satisfactory experience. However, I'm very proud to hear that the young lady at the Front Desk provided you with excellent customer service. We would like for you to give us another chance, so if you are ever in the area again, please call our hotel directly and speak to a manager. Thank you again, and have a great day.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Hampton Inn BWI at first glance does appear to be an older hotel. However, the staff provides such a warm vibe that you can't help but fall in love with it. The full service breakfast was great and the Mon-Thurs "happy hour" was good as well (especially for those watching the World Cup in the lobby). If I had one complaint, it would be that happy hour should include at least Friday and possibly Saturday.

My bed was comfortable and my room was always neat/orderly. Even the few maintance problems were quickly handled by the staff. (Note: Be the type of traveler that lets maintenance know about a problem). The hotel also provides FREE complimentary internet and I did not need to upgrade to faster speeds. It was perfect (even on the fourth floor in a corner room).

In addition, the fitness center is up2date with one bike, one elliptical, three treadmills, and free weight dumbbells. All equipment units have TVs built into the unit - they even provide headphones. I used it everyday during my stay. The BWI running and bike trail was wonderful as well. I saw a random Emu while running it. Great views of the airport/airplanes.

The shuttle staff was always prepared to take people - quite literally anywhere. They provided the best recommendations when it came to dining in the local area. A polite plug to Maiwand Kabob (which is right next to the hotel)... they have amazing food. I ate there four times in a week. (Olive Grove/G&M were also great local restaurants).

Lastly, the front desk staff was always politely. I worked with the front desk to resolve issues as they came up. Ms. Julia was the manager I delt with the most. I don't think I ever saw her not smiling. I personally never felt like just another guest as I was always greated by name (as they got to know me).

Military - If you are working at the FANX or other locations - the Hampton Inn's location allowed me to walk to work, return to my room for lunch, and then walk back to work.

Room Tip: Note: This location does not have a Swimming Pool or Restaurant. You can hear the airplanes take of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. B.,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a lovely review about your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities from the fitness center to the Happy Hour to the shuttle service during your week with us. We all were glad to have gotten to know you during your stay, and even more enthralled to know that you didn't feel like "just another guest." We strive to make each guest's experience as wonderful as yours! Thank you again for the review (and personal shout-out), and please come visit us the next time you are in the BWI region! Have a beautiful day.

Julia

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!