“Good Enough for One Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   829 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Good Enough for One Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hampton Inn was good enough for one night. It is close to the airport, and the young lady at the front desk was pleasant and inviting. The check-in process was very quick and uneventful. On the surface, everything seems fine. Then you will notice that this is an old hotel that has been renovated. The problem is that it was not renovated very well. Things seem “rough around the edges.” For instance, the room doors are very old looking. Then we had a torn shower curtain in the bathroom, and our TV came on gradually starting with static, going to black and white, and finally making it to color. When we sat on the sofa, we could see how the flooring near the air conditioning had been caulked (maybe) and then poorly mended back to the walls. It just simply looked like maintenance was not their top priority. I slept fine even though the air conditioning was a little loud. Lastly, I found the breakfast to be just mediocre. Overall, I got a rather low rate compared to others in the area. So, perhaps one can overlook these things for one night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time out of your day to write a review about our hotel. We are in the beginning stages of planning a renovation, so we will be addressing the issues that you have mentioned; I do apologize if they provided you with a less-than-satisfactory experience. However, I'm very proud to hear that the young lady at the Front Desk provided you with excellent customer service. We would like for you to give us another chance, so if you are ever in the area again, please call our hotel directly and speak to a manager. Thank you again, and have a great day.

Julia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Hampton Inn BWI at first glance does appear to be an older hotel. However, the staff provides such a warm vibe that you can't help but fall in love with it. The full service breakfast was great and the Mon-Thurs "happy hour" was good as well (especially for those watching the World Cup in the lobby). If I had one complaint, it would be that happy hour should include at least Friday and possibly Saturday.

My bed was comfortable and my room was always neat/orderly. Even the few maintance problems were quickly handled by the staff. (Note: Be the type of traveler that lets maintenance know about a problem). The hotel also provides FREE complimentary internet and I did not need to upgrade to faster speeds. It was perfect (even on the fourth floor in a corner room).

In addition, the fitness center is up2date with one bike, one elliptical, three treadmills, and free weight dumbbells. All equipment units have TVs built into the unit - they even provide headphones. I used it everyday during my stay. The BWI running and bike trail was wonderful as well. I saw a random Emu while running it. Great views of the airport/airplanes.

The shuttle staff was always prepared to take people - quite literally anywhere. They provided the best recommendations when it came to dining in the local area. A polite plug to Maiwand Kabob (which is right next to the hotel)... they have amazing food. I ate there four times in a week. (Olive Grove/G&M were also great local restaurants).

Lastly, the front desk staff was always politely. I worked with the front desk to resolve issues as they came up. Ms. Julia was the manager I delt with the most. I don't think I ever saw her not smiling. I personally never felt like just another guest as I was always greated by name (as they got to know me).

Military - If you are working at the FANX or other locations - the Hampton Inn's location allowed me to walk to work, return to my room for lunch, and then walk back to work.

Room Tip: Note: This location does not have a Swimming Pool or Restaurant. You can hear the airplanes take of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. B.,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a lovely review about your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities from the fitness center to the Happy Hour to the shuttle service during your week with us. We all were glad to have gotten to know you during your stay, and even more enthralled to know that you didn't feel like "just another guest." We strive to make each guest's experience as wonderful as yours! Thank you again for the review (and personal shout-out), and please come visit us the next time you are in the BWI region! Have a beautiful day.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It wasn't a bad stay I just expected more I guess for the high price. The desk staff was great. Very friendly. I was just a bit surprised that the hallways were really outdated. The room was comfortable, the bed was great. It was nice to have the hotel driver, maybe that was part of the price. When I read the reviews I thought there would be a glass of wine waiting for my arrival maybe a few snacks, come to find out they only do that on one night a week. Overall, I will try another hotel for 20 bucks more for all the services.

• Stayed May 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to tell us about your experience here at the Hampton Inn BWI. We are actually in the beginning processes of renovating the hotel, so the carpets will be completely updated. Our Happy Hour is actually every night from Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm-7:00pm, so I'm sorry to hear that you missed it and was disappointed. We would love for you to give our hotel a second shot, so please feel free to give us a call at any time to make a reservation and ask for management so that we can ensure a pleasant stay. On the other hand, thank you for the kudos on behalf of our Front Desk staff; they are outstanding! Thanks again, and have a great day.

Carlisle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here the night before flying out of BWI on a family vacation. The young lady at the front desk was delightful. Check in was very quick and she was very helpful in recommending a fabulous place to have dinner. We ate breakfast at the Hampton and it was great as always. We took advantage of the free long term parking available when staying at the hotel. We took the shuttle to the airport and when we returned called for pick up at the airport. We waited no more than 5 minutes on either end. When the shuttle driver brought us back to get our car, he actually drove around the parking lot to drop us off right at our vehicle. A+++ service all the way around!

Dear Jeffrey,

I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! It looks like you took full advantage of our complimentary breakfast and 24-hour on demand shuttle service as well. Our staff is full of caring and amazing people, so I'm very proud of them for providing you with such a lovely experience. Your review is extremely valuable to us, so from myself and the rest of the Hampton Inn BWI--Thank You! We hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region. Have a wonderful day.

York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was close to BWI and because of the $6/day park and ride -- and because I DO like Hampton Inns. The staff at this hotel was wonderful -- very pleasant. Check in was no problem at all. My room was probably a bit too close to the lobby though, and it was really quite noisy -- until at least 3 am. Right when I was starting to sleep, someone (I believe from the desk) called me in error at midnight. Wrong room. Ugg....no rest for the weary.....I didn't get any sleep at all.

The shuttle service was great -- no problems at all. The shuttle was prompt and the driver was very willing to help with my bags.

But I was certainly disappointed in the noise level of my room. I've never been in a Hampton Inn that was quite this noisy -- although upper floors MIGHT have been better.

The rooms were clean and the bed was certainly very comfortable. Breakfast (hot breakfast starts at 6 am) was fine.

If you stay at this hotel, you may want to choose a room that is not on the main floor and perhaps away from the elevators. Then I think you'd be fine.

Room Tip: Choose a room off the main floor. It may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review about us here at the Hampton Inn BWI. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the best of rests at our hotel due to some rowdy guests. However, I'm glad that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service! We invite you back to our hotel if you are in the area again.

Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our experience was good at this hotel...It was clean and the hot breakfast in the lobby was really good. They have a 6 dollar a day parking fee if you leave your car on site while traveling.We got a room right near the lobby so it was a bit noisy when the late nighters returned..The shuttle driver forgot to do a shout out that she was leaving for the airport Problem was corrected but we were rushed when we finally got to the terminal.. Overall a decent place to sleep prior to a trip..good for short stays.

Dear June,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn BWI, and for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Your feedback helps our staff to know exactly how well they are or are not doing things, so we thank you. I will make sure that our drivers do not forget to announce themselves so that issue does not happen again; we do apologize. However, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast! Thank you again, and we invite you to choose us the next time you are in the area.

Tucson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were in town to visit family and attend a wedding. We choose this hotel for it's proximity to BWI, the freeway and because a block of rooms had been reserved for the wedding. Having the complimentary breakfast was a real plus as was the shuttle service back to the airport. Our only complaint was the lack of good quality pillows. More pillows that were also more dense would have made sleeping a lot more comfortable.

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! We really appreciate your patronage, and we also thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and shuttle! Please come see us if you are ever in the area again. Have a lovely day.

Julia

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!