“Great hotel for Baltimore area travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

You added Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   829 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Willoughby, Ohio
“Great hotel for Baltimore area travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This is my favorite place to stay when doing business in DC/Baltimore area (I usually fly into BWI and take the train to DC to save money). Very good service, free breakfast, and free 24-hr shuttle service to/from BWI and the Amtrak/Marc station.

• Stayed November 2012
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. We enjoyed having you with us. We look forward to extending your best hospitality service during your nest visit
Best Regards
Mustapha Agourram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bulverde, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn at BWI for convenience of traveling the next day. We arrived late due to highway closures and had called ahead to let the front desk know. When we finally arrived we were tired and stressed, upon walking in we were warmly welcomed and upon seeing my name the front desk clerk stated he remembered speaking with me and was glad we had finally arrived!! Wow, great customer service. We checked in and then had a wonderful dinner across the street at Maiwand Kabob, a great Afgan restaurant. The room was large and the bed was oh so comfortable. I was surprised at how quiet the room was considering our proximity to the airport. The breakfas area was mobbed the next morning, due to some sort of high school band event. The hotel staff went out of their way to ensure that we were able to get a fresh breakfast with so many hungry teenagers running about. The stay was short, but very, very enjoyable. Great Hotel, great staff!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. Your comments are very much appreciated. I will share your feedback with the entire team.

Best Regards
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel at the end of October 2012 - I had taken the Amtrak from NYC to BWI, was staying one night and then taking the train into DC the next morning. I arrived somewhat late at the train station - about 10:20 PM - I called the shuttle and the driver was there within about 10 minutes. He was very nice but seemed to be running a pizza delivery telephone number from the van as well? Seemed a little odd.....I digress....Upon check in, the front desk staff was very nice and I had requested 1 King bed but was given 2 doubles, which I didn't find out until I got to the room - not a huge issue - just a personal preference thing. Upon arrival in my room I noticed several things which did not match up to the rest of the hotel - while this Hampton was certainly not the newest I'd seen, it was not the oldest I'd seen either - my room was seriously lacking an update. The furniture was well worn, the desk chair looked like it MIGHT have been from the late 80's/early 90's, the bathroom was pretty used as well - the bathtub was definitely needing some grout and attention, and I have to say that the bed was not the usual comfy bed you find in a Hampton. Then there was the smell. I believe I'm right in thinking that this hampton was smoke-free - this room definitely was not. It stunk. I tried turning on the air conditioner to see if that would help move it around, but it did not. I called down to the front desk - and to their credit they appeared to be concerned about the problem, but stated that they were sold out and I had been given the last room. I asked what we could do to remedy the situation and mentioned being transferred to another property perhaps, as I have allergies and asthma (which is why I usually stay at Hamptons in the first place- they are usually pretty good about cleanliness and enforcing the no-smoking rules). My suggestion was completely glossed over, and they only could offer some air spray - which came about 40ish minutes later. They sprayed it all over my room, turned off my air, citing that the smoke smell was coming in from outside, and left. While it did smell better once the spray settled, the smell wasn't gone. I was so exhausted by that point that I decided just to live with it. The next morning, the breakfast was just OK - seemed to be a little picked over at 9 AM, and the shuttle driver on the way back to the Amtrak station was very pleasant and professional. I'm on the fence with this one - perhaps I just got a bad room? I have had a string of bad luck with Hilton Brands/Hampton Inns and have been threatening to the honors people (I'm 3 or four nights away from gold status for the year) for months now to take my business elsewhere - I've tried Starwood and other brands, but like I bad habit I keep coming back to Hilton/Hampton because of their convenient locations where I travel. I hope my luck/their quality turns around soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. I am sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Hampton Inn BWI, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Sincerely
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is very well located, near the Airport BWI, very near to a Train Station that allows you to go easily to Washignton and Baltimore.

Very big and clean rooms.

The shuttle service is excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from the Hampton Inn BWI
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. We tank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Lake Norman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This could be the most pleasant hotel stay I have experienced in a long time! After traveling all night, we arrived at the hotel early, yet were accommodated and warmly welcomed by Patrick. The hotel is well appointed, seems new, and has the friendliest staff! The room and bathroom were perfectly cleaned, the bed was comfortable, and there were plenty of towels. The breakfast buffet was exceptional, and the price can't be beat!! This hotel has it all, exemplified by it's outstanding staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The staff at this hotel are very welcoming and accommodating. They remained cheerful and helpful in what was a tense situation. We stayed here during Hurricane Sandy and stayed longer than we expected. The staff never hesitated extending our stay as needed with all of the flight cancellations. In the pouring rain, the shuttle driver drove us to a local convenient store and waited for us to make our purchases.

I thank the staff for their courteousness and willingness to be so accommodating.

If we are in the area again for travel and need a place to stay near the airport, this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I am glad to hear everything went well and you made it safe back home.

Homestead, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I felt for the price I paid, it was average. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The shower was GREAT! You don't often get more than a bath tub/shower combo. This one was nice & spacious. We arrived late 2am, so we slept in and missed the free breakfast I'm sure we paid for it. Too bad they stop serving @ 10 :-( I wish more hotels would consider this and continue until noon, especially near the airports.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. We very much appreciate your feedback. We look forward to extending our best hospitality service during your next visit
Regards
Mustapha Agourram

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!