“Very clean, respectable staff and private stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   829 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very clean, respectable staff and private stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I just recently had the pleasure of renting a King size bed room from this Hampton Inn. I was quickly and politely greeted by the staff and after getting my credit card information correctly I was given a key to my room and told breakfast was 6-10a.
Upon leaving the hotel room for breakfast, a walk around the area, and a party my room wasn't bothered, nothing was taken, it was left just as I left it. Could be luck, or could be because they care when you stay @ a 3 star $90/night king room.
I was treated very politely by the staff and other guests of the hotel.
Everything here is really clean, neat and adds a feel of "TLC" from the bathroom to the breakfast bar, everything was top quality and self explanatory, very well done by the hotel.
The staff was even generous enough to allow me to leave at 2p.m. instead of noon when I asked them the night before.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be courteous to the staff, they really are nice and helpful
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonBWI-MGR, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We always appreciate when our guests take a moment to let us know how we're doing. We are thrilled that you loved our TLC hospitality! The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, please visit us once again. Have a great day!

Kate Murphy
Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I read great reviews and even stayed here before, but I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of my room this time. The carpet was sticky and purple and the shower looked like it had not been cleaned in months with mildew growing in all of the crevices.after the first day, I complained to the front desk and they apologized and said they would fix it. Two days later, I just refuse to walk barefoot because it is the same. Hoping this is an anomaly, the rest of the travelers said their rooms were nice and clean. On a good note, there is hot breakfast every morning and the bed is very comfortable. The airport shuttle and closeness to where I needed to work make it a great location. Some of staff seemed kind of annoyed to be working, but The night manager on Tuesday was very nice and generous, (but I didn't catch his name.)

Room Tip: Ask in advance if you have we'd a fridge. Appears not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HamptonBWI-MGR, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI. We appreciate when our guests take a moment to let us know how we're doing. I'd like to apologize for not meeting your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room, I would like to thank you, however, for your positive comments about our evening manager! All of your comments will be shared and addressed at our next staff meeting. The next time your in the Baltimore area please consider giving us another opportunity to meet your travel needs, I am positive that we will provide you with a much better experience. Have a great day!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, and we had coffee amenities in the room. Very nice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us at Hampton Inn BWI! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We always appreciate when our guests take a moment to let us know how we're doing. The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, please visit us once again. Have a great day!
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here prior to an early morning flight. I was on the top floor and surprised how quiet it was. Room was clean, check in efficient, shuttle was right on time. You have to take a business card and remmeber to call them on your return flight if you are parking a car here. I felt safe leaving my car here for a week and would recommend this hotel to anyone who needed a hotel by BWI.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HamptonBWI-MGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us at Hampton Inn BWI! From the quiet and comfortable room, to the breakfast and shuttle service, it sounds like we were able to meet all of your lodging needs! We always appreciate when our guest take a moment to let us know how we're doing. The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, please visit us once again. Have a great day!
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My son and I recently stayed here the night before we flew back home after visiting the U.S. Science and Engineering Festival in Washington D. C. We booked a king room with sleeper sofa online and asked in the special requests section, "Could you please place us in a quiet room away from elevators and vending. I am a light sleeper. Thanks!"

The clerk Terrell was friendly and courteous at the front desk and he gave us our room key and we headed up to our room. We were both exhausted to the point of collapse and we just wanted to sleep before we caught our early flight home.

We went up the elevator and found room 419. It wasn't a long walk to room 419 because it was right next to the elevator! I went inside hoping the room might be quiet, but soon after the elevator door opened and the two people who were talking as they exited sounded as if they were in our room. I also noticed the room had no sofa bed. My son and I gathered up our belongings and went back down to the front desk to see if we could find the accommodations we asked for.

The clerk Terrell apologized, and after five to ten minutes searching the computer, found us another room. We went back up the elevator and found a room at the end of the hall.

My son and I unpacked and talked about the days events while getting ready for bed. We were unfolding the sofa bed when a lady used a key card and came in our room. I met her at the door and told her we were given this room. She was very embarrassed and I was shook up. I have never had someone enter my room before. She said she would go back to the front desk and straighten things out. Shortly after the front desk called and asked who was in the room. I find it amazing that they did not know.

After this intrusion we went about making the sofa bed and found there were no sheets for it anywhere in the room. We called down to the front desk and asked if sheets could be brought up. The clerk said they would be right up. My son and I watched TV for awhile trying to wind down and after thirty-five minutes realized we still had no sheets. I went down to the lobby and found the two clerks sitting there doing nothing. I mentioned we asked for sheets close to forty minutes ago and we still had not received them. They said they would be right up.

While going up the elevator I had a thought similar to many themes in horror movies. I thought everyone was ganging up to conspire to make my night as miserable as possible. If I saw Freddy Krueger coming down the hall I was out of there!!!

Ten minutes later the sheets arrived. We made up the bed and went to sleep. During the night I had a nightmare so bad I was screaming and woke my son. I dreamed someone was in our room and was grabbing my legs trying to pull me out of my bed and into the hall. It took while to get back to sleep after that. At seven something in the morning the phone rang once and stopped. I tried to get back to sleep, but was too ticked off to do so. My son and I got up, showered and went downstairs for breakfast.

After breakfast we went up to pack and realized his laptop was missing. We went down and searched our rental car and back up to fully check our room. We realized we must have left it in room 419 right next to the elevator. We went down to the front desk and they gave us the key to 419 after telling them what happened. Fortunately the laptop was there. As we left room 419 we passed a pest control guy right by the elevator. We got to our room and the door was wide open! The pest control guy made a beeline for us apologizing as we entered. By this time I was so ticked off I just wanted to get the hell out of there. How can someone be allowed to come into our room, leave the door propped open, and go to the other end of the hall with all of our luggage and my briefcase on the bed by the door?

As I checked out I gave the clerk my comments card and said that this past night wasn't your best effort. I briefly explained the problems. The clerks apologized and said they would have the manager contact me. I have been home almost a week and have heard no response. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in my life and this has to be among the worst.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your experience. We apologize for the unfortunate chain of events during your stay and our General Manager wiill be in contact with you immediately. Have a great day!

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We recently stayed here after arriving on a late flight at BWI and the night before leaving for an early flight. Just wanted a place to spend the night close to BWI that was clean and comfortable and this hotel certainly was that. Beds were comfortable and bathroom is fairly large. Breakfast at this hotel is very good especially the dark roast coffee which is EXCELLENT. I would say that the coffee at breakfast is one of the best things about Hampton Inns. The coffee in the room is another story - don't bother - it's nasty! The rooms at Hampton Inn are smaller and tighter than I would prefer but again, they are fine for a night's stay. Definitely would not stay here long term with two teenagers - simply not enough room. The one complaint I had about our stay here was that our room did not have a microwave or fridge. Their website advertised that the rooms had them but apparently only SOME of the rooms at this hotel do. Something to be aware of if you really want those appliances for your stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if your room has a microwave/fridge if you want one. Don't assume the room has t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! Although it sounds like overall you enjoyed your stay with us, we could've have made it a little more pleasurable. We appreciate when our guests take time to let us know about the experiecnce as we're always looking for ways to improve. The next time you visit us we'll make sure to have that fridge and microwave available for you! Have a great day!

NeedhamAl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on the last leg of a tour of colleges. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were quite comfortable. Breakfast (included in our room package) was terrific, featuring fresh fruit (something you don't often get for hotel breakfasts), eggs, waffles, muffins and the like. There's a shuttle that runs to the airport every 15 minutes, and the ride to BWI takes all of about 5 minutes. There's a business center in the lobby for printing boarding passes. All in all a really nice place to stay if you are flying into or out of BWI.

Stayed April 2012
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us at Hampton Inn BWI! From the clean room and comfortable bed, to the breakfast and shuttle service, it sounds like we were able to meet your lodging needs. We always appreciate when our guest take a moment to let us know how we're doing. The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, please visit us once again. Have a great day!

Hampton Inn BWI Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!