“Most comfortable bed ever!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“Most comfortable bed ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a very large group and loved the hotel so much. It was very clean and not noisy at all, and most of all it was very convenient not just for the airport but also to visit Washington DC and Baltimore. There were 5 people in our party and we had a very large and fancy suite with a living room, a king bedroom and obviously a bathroom. In the living room there were a double pull-out sofa, an armchair, a table with 4 chairs and a chest of drawers with a playstation console and a flat screen TV. The bedroom was very spacious and had a flat screen TV as well and the most comfy king size bed I've ever slept in! The bathroom wasn't very big but it was functional and the bathtub had different kind of water jets to choose from. There was also a corner where there was a coffee and tea maker and a sink. Breakfast was very good but the place was pretty crowded so I'd suggest to go early if you want to get a table. The hotel is very well kept, the pool (with a jacuzzi) and garden are nice and the inner court is very well decorated. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
baltimore maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Embassy Suites is our favorite hotel to get way with the family. We have 3 boys , ages 6, 10, and 15, so it is hard to keep them all entertained at the same time. We generally prefer the Embassy Suites location in Hunt Valley, however, on this weekend they were renovating their pool area. No pool meant the boys would not be happy and neither would we. So we opted for the BWI location since their pool area was open plus it was bigger, a huge bonus. However, they don't seem to have the same personable ways as the one in Hunt Valley. For starters, we ran out of toliet paper 1 hour into the stay and it took about 30 minutes for them to bring up more. We had to get our room key cards reactivated at least twice a day ( and we had three cards, so go figure). The managers reception is our favorite but at BWI it is very substandard. They had oriental dry snack mix and chips and dip, which some young girl decided it was okay to use her bare hands to serve herself with. With all the illness and germs floating around, I called her out and of course she denied it . But I saw her. The drinks are limited to 6 spirits and since I am no bartender wasn't versed enough to come up with any thing other then amaretta sours. The bar tenders we no help when asked what types of drinks can they make. The wi-fi cost 10 bucks where as in most hotels now adays it is free. The computers in the computer room were slower then molasses and the printer kept jamming and stained your hands with ink spit out onto the paper. The breakfast buffet was ok except for the omelets were runny inside. Some people don't mind that but it grossed me out. There were no pancakes or waffles to be served and the selection was small. Wirh all my issues, the jacuzzi was great. I love the big pool area and the large jacuzzi. I am not too fond of having to drive out of my way to get to the nearest eatery or stored. Definately not a plus if you have no car.
I am waiting for the Hunt Valley Location to reopen its pool and then I will return to that location never to return to BWI.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

This was really quite typical for ES hotel. Nothing was surprising, which is mostly good. Of course breakfast was good, room is spacious. It is a bit isolated and is not really walkable to much, other than a few other airport hotels. For a airport layover, it is great. The business center had 2 computers, and of course free itnernet. The fitness center was good, and the indoor pool was pretty nice. I walked behind to the Sheraton for dinner, for a change of pace, where I had an EXCELLENT hamburger at their grill!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel on two prior occasions and enjoyed each stay. We like having two rooms so we can put the kids to bed and stay up a little later watching TV or reading. Unfortunately, on this stay no one was getting to bed early.

We attended an Orioles game and returned to the hotel after 10. Teenagers in the hotel were busy yelling across the atrium to each other. Others were camped outside of guest rooms talking loudly. Getting into our room did little to dampen the noise. The atrium seemed to encourage the kids to get on either side and yell to each other. A call to the front desk got a promise to control things but did not produce results. The end result was all of us in one king-sized bed behind two closed doors so my son could sleep. Even then yells filtered through occasionally.

Another drawback with the open atrium that Embassy Suites is so proud of is the funneling of heat. We had a top floor room. When we exited the elevator the air was stifling, both at check in and when we returned from the game. While we weren't in the hallway long, that is not a pleasant attribute for any hotel.

Based on prior experience, we would probably return to this hotel because the rooms are nice and on weekends you can get a very good deal. You also get a good breakfast. One problem there, too, is that this hotel does not seem to staff enough people to handle the crowd. They were out of milk and coffee creamer early on in the breakfast experience and many people were milling around looking for places to sit.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
York, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

Nice atmosphere and close to many attractions. We booked 1 nite ended up staying 2. The atrium style hotel was very nice and the abience made it very relaxing. One look inside and as you rise above in the glass inclosed elevator the view was very appealing. We stayed on the fith floor in a nice 2 room suite with everything 2 people could want or need. Don't miss out on the Manager's Happy Hour and the Breakfast. We arrived on Valentines Day, visited the Happy hour and went to Medival times at the mall that was about 10 min away. Had a very relaxing evening back at the hotel. The room and beds are very confortable and the room had so many pillows to choose from just to suit your needs. Very very clean. The Next day we had a great breakfast and went to the Inner harbor that is approx 15 minutes away. The front desk was very helpfull with direction that included a print out of to and the way back to the hotel. I will definately stay here again. If I had to give it one negative point, I would say they need to keep a handle on roaming children that like to explore and become a little noisey but, the hotel just needs to keep a watch on this. Overall it was a very good experience and I am ready to go again for that weekend get-away.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This is by far the absolute worst Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in. It may be the worst Hilton property I have ever stayed in- and I love Hilton.

The room was pretty run down. The smoke detectors weren't installed in the walls properly. The telephones did not have a clear line. Room service did not have the food listed on the menu. The bar did not have common things for drinks- like olives.

The front desk staff seemed nice, but was utterly unresponsive to any concerns and was not very helpful with directions, etc. Management never got back to me.

The bed was not comfortable- this really was a surprise. The hotel store employee seemed more concerned with phone calls than customers. The shuttle service was neither consistent nor convenient.

I hate to be a hater, but I can't believe I stayed here and not the new Hilton or the Westin. The one positive was the fridge and microwave, but those are standard for any Embassy Suites. And grudgingly I will admit that the breakfast was more than decent and the breakfast staff were extremely friendly and professional- management should be taking lessons from them.

If you don't need the suite set up for multiple people, I strongly recommend finding a different area hotel.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — There's not enough room here to even begin
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

This is the second time I've stayed here in less than 3 months. It is highly convenient to the airport, which is why I choose it.

This hotel is your typical Embassy Suites. I missed breakfast the first time due to an early flight but the second time I enjoyed made-to-order omelets, belgian waffles, a variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, you name it!

My only complaint would be the noisy AC unit right next to the bedroom door, which made sleeping difficult. And the fridge was warm upon arrival with a melted Klondike bar in the freezer section. I thought it was broken, but about 5 hrs later it finally got cold enough to keep drinks cool.

• Liked — Convenience to the Airport, breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Noisy AC
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Address: 1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
#4 Romantic Hotel in Linthicum Heights
#17 Business Hotel in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore
Embassy Suites Linthicum
Linthicum Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.