“Rude, inconsiderate staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Lusby, Maryland
“Rude, inconsiderate staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friend got married and booked a room here for after. From the moment she and the groom walked in after the reception, they were treated with indifference all the way to rudeness.

the waitress took 10 minutes to get our drink orders. when she came back with water, she dropped a wine glass on my wife's foot. then she dumped a pitcher of water on the mother of the bride.

the manager told the bride she was being too loud (talking to her grandparents at 8pm) so we went to the room. we were told it was not a "party hotel" and we were not allowed to drink liquor we had purchased externally in the privacy of our room.

we left and went to the Hampton Inn where, at 10pm, we were given a private party room, ice, tables, speakers and left alone until we were done (after 1am)

Room Tip: the room smelled like smoke. go to Hampton Inn or Marriott
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Peter K,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you and your group with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance. I would appreciate the opportunity to correspond or speak with you directly. Please feel free to reach out to me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com or call at 410.865.8120. Chuck Chandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

IF you're looking for a place to crash and get up and move on, this is a good place. If you have to stay a few nights for business or pleasure, the outdated décor and broken room amenities can really put a damper on things...when you're already away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate your candor and hope to host you again when in the area.
long island ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I liked it ! It was close to towson , resturants across the street breakfast was very nice! It could have been twenty bucks cheaper and i would really love it! On and off the highway is a pleasure ! Several colleges in the area. So it is a great base! Mattress on the pull out needs to be updated.

• Stayed August 2013
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback - please come again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before a very early flight. The hotel rooms are quite nice and we found the open air atrium to be an unexpected nice touch. The selling point for us was the "park and fly" feature, as parking at BWI isn't cheap. We left our car at the hotel for a week while we were on vacation with no issues. All we had to do was call the hotel when our return flight landed, and a hotel shuttle came to pick us up with 10 minutes. All in all, this hotel was a fantastic value, and we'll definitely stay here again the next time we have an early morning flight.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! So glad everything went well and you were able to take advantage of our Stay and Fly package - hope you had a wonderful trip and please come again and we will watch your car for you.
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The overall experience was good the breakfast line is way too long. They need a better setup for the breakfast area,lines way too long. Overall it's a great place to again with the exception of the breakfast area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - I apologize for the long line at breakfast - we are working on possible ways to alleviate this issue. Really glad every other aspect of your stay was enjoyable. Hope to see you again!
LaVale, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night to do a little car shopping the next morning. We had a great experience. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the pool/hot tub was very nice. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast (especially the home fries). We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review - we really appreciate it! So glad everything went well with your stay - please come again.
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The front desk service was great, the complimentary breakfast was just okay, but about what I expected. The rooms are always spacious and it was VERY quiet and peaceful. The bed was comfy. Plenty of complimentary parking. They charge $9.99 for 24 hours of internet, but will offer it complimentary. To be close to the airport, I couldn't hear any planes which was amazing. I usually love Embassy Suites. HOWEVER, the bathroom was ABSOLUTELY not clean!!! I suspected if anything else was clean because of it. I always take cleaning agents, air freshener, and paper towels with me whenever I go to a hotel because I know that I can/do clean. I cleaned the sink, noticed there were some hairs there, not a HUGE issue. But when I went back to do a second clean it was the back of the sink that startled me, there was sooo much hair, it was absolutely disgusting. I guess some guy had shaved. Why his hair was STILL in the sink, I have no idea. I could tell the tub was still dirty (I always take shower shoes anyway). The shower curtain smelled mildewy, which permeated through the room. I sprayed so much cleanser and air freshener, but the smell still remained. I was only staying one night and had cleaned what I could (the tub included) and didn't care to make a huge fuss. However, this is Housekeeping 101. I will never return to this particular hotel. I should've taken pictures. I just couldn't believe it....

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet, but I stayed during mid-week.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nyna W, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review - your comments are very concerning and not at all typical of our hotel - I'd like to speak with you as soon as possible so I can learn as much as possible regarding your concerns. Please contact me at 410-865-8136. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your guest room and look forward to our conversation at your convenience.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Address: 1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
#6 Romantic Hotel in Linthicum Heights
#14 Business Hotel in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore
Embassy Suites Linthicum
Linthicum Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.