“Older hotel and bed bugs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save & Explore DC
“Older hotel and bed bugs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I typically enjoy staying at Embassy Suites for the overall value and typically comfortable accommodations. This is an extremely dated property and I was shocked to wake up with bed bug bites. I was also a little disturbed to see people operating businesses from rooms (clothing sales).

• Stayed October 2012
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
uberclerk,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed and rectified. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at chuck.chandler@hilton.com or 410.865.8120 to discuss further. Chuck Chandler

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

They have a comp. shuttle from airport and to within 3 miles of the Hotel. The suites are spacious with soft beds, micorowave, small refridgerator, and large table in living room. The money savings comes in with a Managers reception from 5:30-7:30 every night with a free bar. Every morning they have a free breakfast with your choice of type of eggs cooked and a wide selection of bacon, susage, pototoes, and other breakfast foods. The shuttle will run you to the BWI train station when you can board a Marc trin to Washington or the lite rail to Baltimore. I figured a savings of at least $50 with the free Happy Hour and Breakfast Bar. The staff was very polite and helpful. A perfect hotel for the perfect reunion!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
barmor9th,

Thanks for your review. I am thrilled you had such a positive experience and found the true value of a stay at an Embassy Suites Hotel. I could not have said things any better. Look forward to having you with us again!
Harbeson, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

we stayed here sept14 before flying to aruba sept15,we had a 8floor room,it was clean and quiet,the front desk gave us directions for local restaurants and recommended snyders willow grove rest,it was great.the park&ride was great we left our car at hotel they gave us ride to bwi and picked us up at airport when we came back,yes its older motel but well kept up&clean,will stay here again next year

Room Tip: ask for higher floor room facing airport,you can see planes flying in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
chris d,

Great to hear all worked out for you here prior to your trip to Aruba! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. The Park and Fly program works out great for our friends from Delaware and PA that are flying out for vacations like you did. We look forward to having you back with uis again next year!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location is good if you need to access to BWI. The front desk staff was very nice. The room could have been cleaner. It looked like only the main traffic areas of the room were vacuumed. This is an older Embassy Suites, and it shows in the furnishings and bedding. They have updated to HD TV's which is a plus. Our room had a large living room with a dining table. The rooms are not set up well for work. There is very little desk space, and it was in the bedroom rather than the living room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
lovecat,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure our guest rooms reach the highest cleanliness standards. You are correct, the work desks in the bedrooms are adequate, though not oversized if you have a lot of work that needs to be accomplished. The game table in the parlor is larger and could be used for a desk so one could spread out more. However, it is not convenient to have your work in the area were other guests can see it. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback. Chuck Chandler
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Average hotel. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the room and mostly the bed and bedding. The sheets were just thin and had rips all over. The pillows were old and lumpy. My room on the 8th floor had the smell of cigarette smoke lofting in from the A/C system; this alone made for a very miserable sleep. Breakfast and service was very good, the managers reception was very good. The selection of drinks was very generous compared to other ES hotels. The hotel is starting to show its age, and is in need for a major renovation. Some other little things were odd, as a Hilton Diamond I was told at check in I was upgraded to the 8th floor. Not sure what that got me… Over all I think for the same price point you can find much better accommodations in the BWI area. If you want the free drinks at happy hour and breakfast and can deal with the old décor and below average bedding, it is not a bad place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dcl80,
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I would love to know what date and room number you stayed in while in Baltimore. We do not accept sheets and pillows as you describe and I would love to use these comments as a teaching tool for our team. The Embassy Brand has very high standards for linen and pillows and we do everything we can to ahere to these standards. Unfortunatley, it seems as though we failed with you. 8th floor accommodations at our hotel allow for daily bottled water in your room, complimentary high speed internet access and robes for your stay. I don't know what smoke may have come into your room unless someone was smoking inappropriately near by. The only smoking rooms we have are on the 2nd floor. My aplogies for this as well. I do appreciate your comments regarding Breakfst and the Manager's Reception. As Brand Pillars, we have put considerable efforts into ensuring our guests appreciate the offerings and services. I believe your experiences were an exception and would hope that we could regain your trust if you chose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Chuck Chandler
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The room was quiet and clean. The front desk staff helpful. The made to order breakfast was awesome. The breakfast crew was quite personable. The room rate was reasonable. I have stayed at three other hotels in the BWI airport district and this by far is the best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phil B,

Thanks for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We would welcome you back any time your travels bring you back to the area! Chuck Chandler
Montauk, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Attended a training class and stayed at this Embassy. It was a typical embassy. The room was less than what I expected. The bed was so weathered that you just rolled to the center and sank into the abyss The bathroom had a funky smell like the floor hadn't been cleaned or maybe their was leak under the toilet. I decided that since I still had several nights left I wanted a new room. The hotel front desk was very accommodating and provided a new room. The bed in the new room was great but then the A/C wasn't functioning properly. I kind of figured that since the A/C didn't work so great the room saw fewer guests hence the firmer bed, Go figure ..... Since it wasn't very hot I decided a firmer bed was much more important and I stayed in the room. Overall the staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included each day and served everything one could want. There was one elevator out of service which slowed down getting to and from the room. The Emabassy happy hour included some light snacks and assorted spirits. The hotel has a lot of positives and I would probably stay again if I had to come to a class but it is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
vinross,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you had issues with your rooms while here. It would be great to know which rooms you stayed in so that we could address your concerns. Our guests security and comfort are priorities and it would be nice to know if we need to replace a bed and work on the HVAC unit. Glad that the complimnetary Services met expectations. Please look us up again if your business/training travels bring you back to the area. I think your experiences we exceptions and yur next stay will be more convenient and comfortable. Feel free to reach out to me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com. Thanks again...

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore
Embassy Suites Linthicum
Linthicum Embassy Suites
Address: 1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
#15 Family Hotel in Linthicum Heights
#18 Business Hotel in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.