“Amazing service, comfortable stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Amazing service, comfortable stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We had two rooms at the Embassy Suites - one for my husband, daughter and me and one for my in-laws. We got the full Northern Virginia/DC Suburb experience and arrived later than we had expected and were disappointed to find out that the shuttle, which runs every half hour to the train station, had just left and that we'd have to wait a half hour to catch the next one. Not a big deal, but it surely meant missing the first pitch of the Orioles/Twins game we'd driven from Charlottesville to see. But wait!!! Lola to the rescue!! She arranged for a shuttle to take us EARLY to the station so that we could make it on time! What service!!!

As Minnesotans, we were cheering for the visitors at the game, so needless to say, we were happy w/ our experience at the game!

We took the train back to the station and called for the hotel shuttle. A short time later, our shuttle arrived and we were on our way back to the hotel. A VERY smooth travel experience - we were very impressed!

When we got back to our rooms, we got ready for bed. The restaurant even stayed open 5 minutes longer so my hubby could get a sandwich while us girls were hogging the bathroom! When we were all tucked in, I must say, it was a welcome feeling. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable - my daughter wanted a mattress set just like it (I did too).

Breakfast was wonderful - I love Embassy Suites for this reason! The line was extremely long, but it went relatively quickly given its length! The omelet chef was incredible; I'm not sure how he kept up w/ all those people!

In closing, it was an amazing experience and a great value. The employees were fantastic - friendly, flexible and super-attentive to all our needs. We'll definitely go back there when in town again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
SarahRiley329,
Thanks for the great comments and expressions of appreciation for the services offered at our hotel. I am thrilled everything went as well as it did for you while you were here for the O's/Twins game. Obviously, it didn't hurt that the Twins won to keep you in good spirts. Thanks for the comments on Lola as well. We try awfully hard to WOW guests when we have the opportunity and when team members get recognized for their efforts, it makes the effort worthwhile. You are alweays welcome back when you need to come to Baltimore and get your Twins baseball "fix". Thanks again. Chuck Chandler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Virginia Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

This is a decent hotel. Generally, we like to stay at Embassy Suites. They cost a bit more but offer a lot of amenities for an enjoyable stay. However this particular hotel has some poliices that just aren't reasonable for our families' needs and their website and staff are misinformed in communicating those policies.
First, there are no rollaways offered, even though the website lists them as an option. But more importantly, there are exorbitant charges for Internet access. The website says that wireless is available for a charge. That's fine. I called the hotel directly to inquire about the charge before we arrived. We were staying for four nights and during that time we needed connectivity for four of us for work and homework. I was told that the charge was $9.95 per day.
Upon arriving and checking in, I inquired again about Internet access. I was told that it was $9.95 per day PER DEVICE. That would have added an additional $39.80 to our nightly room charge, or $150+ to our total bill. For a service that is complimentary at many other facillities.
We spoke with the manager and explained that we felt it was unreasonable especially given that we were told that the charge was $9.95 when we called. Although they offered to reduce the charge, they would not agree to honor the rate we were told on the phone. So we checked out, and checked into another hotel that has free wireless Internet. It's just not worth it. There are too many other good hotel choices to be held hostage by unreasonable charges.

Room Tip: Look for rooms away from the elevator bank.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
ppfqp,
I am very sorry for the challenges you experienced with the multiple laptop charges for the different mac/ip adresses that were captured through the different users in your suite. The correct quotation was $9.95 for each user in the suite and not just per suite. From my understanding, we were able to adjust off the charges for the multiple users. I am very sorry that you felt that a change of venue was necessary. Though being Spring Break and the kids, yourself and your husband all having devices, I can see how this was difficult. We obviously did not satisfy your needs. We have taken this situation as a learning tool and changed our approach at the desk with families. Thanks for the comments. Chuck Chandler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011 via mobile

We were traveling to DC to get married. What we didn't realize is that the Cherry Blossom festival was going on in town at the same time so only the most upmarket hotels had rooms at outrageous prices.

We decided to widen our search and found this gem right outside Baltimore. It's a little on the old side for an Embassy, but it still had the signature atrium and other amenities that I am accustomed to staying with this brand.

The suite was updated with modern amenities. Flat panel TVs, Crabtree & Evelyn toilettries, and probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in inside a hotel since, ever.

We had minimal contact with the staff which, to me, is a good thing. They were great when we did talk. If you're in the area and need a comfortable, clean mid-range hotel that has some unique amenities like free cook to order breakfast and free cocktails in the evening, give this place a try.

• Stayed April 2011
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
JMitchellSC,

Thanks for all of the positive comments and thoughts regarding your experience here at the Embassy Suites BWI Airport. The hotel is one of the older hotels in the Embassy system, in fact we will be celebrating 25 years as a hotel in 2012. Though an older style property, we do pride ourselves on clean, comfortable accommodations. Your comment on the beds is terrific. I too believe that the "Hilton" bed and mattress pads are incredible. In fact, I think they can be purchased through hiltontohome.com. We are so glad you were able to enjoy your stay and take advantage of the Embassy brand value added benefits. Congratulation on your nuptuals as well! I hope your were able to enjoy the Festival too!! Chuck Chandler
chicago, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

this was a pretty standard hotel. the rooms are of pretty decent size. they had good breakfast selection but they ran out of orange juice before the end of the designated breakfast time and refused to make any more.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
viv2367b,
Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our Cooked to Order Breakfast and the "value added" benefit it offers to our guests. It concerns me that we would not have refilld the Orange Juice during breakfast. We do have two dispensers in the Breakfast area and they may have been slow in replacing one due to the other being available. If you could possibly send me more information, off line, on your stay, I would apprecite the chance to research your concern a little bit further to make sure that it doesn't happen to other guests. Also, as far as a Standard Hotel is concerned, we are a very typical Embassy Suites with the large, open-air Atrium, true two-room suites and the Complimentary Services, all Brand Pillars of the Embassy Brand. All are exclusive to Embassy Suites Hotels. Chuck Chandler
San Marino
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

The airport shuttle wait took 30 minutes. I stayed in Room #516. The hotel says two restaurants, but it's not because they have the same menu with prices starting c. $11. It's hard to pay that price when you want a simple sandwich or soup & it's ice cold outside to drive to a less expensive restaurant. The hotel is not convient for walking to many restaurants. My room was clean, but the vanity area needed updating & the frame around the mirror needed painting. The next morning I slept in & had a "Do not disturb" sign up. I removed it at 11:45. When I returned that evening, the bed was not made & towels were still on the floor. No maid ever came. Important: If you're having a meeting opt out of the continental breakfast & instead go for the free breakfast which in 100% better with eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, potatoes, etc.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Simplicity,

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. In many cases, you are absolutely right regarding a Continental Breakfast. As a Brand, we are very proud of our Cooked to Order Breakfast for our guests and it is a fundamental pillar of our Brand. However, many groups like to have the Continental in their meeting rooms becasue of local attendance and other who may not be staying in the hotel. Your comments regarding the condition of the mirror and vanity are important to me. I have had our Maintenance staff address your concerns. Thanks for bringing them to our attention. We do Preventive Maintenance in each guestroom twice per year and it was time to address this room. Thanks again for your comments. Chuck Chandler
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stayed here with our sons aged 9 and 10 the night before an early flight. We got the 2 room suite. The room was very nice and clean. We ordered room sevice for dinner and the food was very good. Arrived promptly and hot. The pool area was very nice with fresh towels and a lifeguard. The hot tub is large and just what I needed to relax after the hustle of getting ready for vacation. The managers reception was okay with free draft beer or wine. The food was only chips, salsa and snack mix and the chips were almost stale. We left too early for breakfast. The airport shuttle was easy to use for our departure and the driver nice, although I should have called earlier for our return shuttle as soon as our plane arrived. We had quite a wait for the return pick up. This may have been due to traffic, but it takes awhile for them to get the driver on his way.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
mama2sons,

Glad you and your family were able to enjoy your stay. I will make sure to mention the chip situation to the Chef. Stale chips make the whole chips and salsa experience unsatisfying. I know with a family, the experience with a pool can make or break a stay as well. Having an indoor pool staffed with a lifeguard is a nice advantage for us for families with children. Thanks too for your comments about the shuttle. Sometimes traffic gets in the way of timliness and the shuttle also offers services in a 3 mile local area, depending on where they are, it can slow down their responsivenes. Thanks for being patient! We appreciate you staying with us and hope you think of us again when you travel. Chuck Chandler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

My wife and I love the Embassy Suites. We love to stay at any chain when traveling and we have never had any problems. Whenever we travel, which we plan on coming to Baltimore this weekend we stay here. The price is great, the rooms, service and made to order breakfast is good. We enjoy the pool and relaxing in the jacuzzi. The location is not far for the habor where we also love to getaway. As a frequent traveler I would like to thank Mr. Chuck Chandler for his attentive responses to his patrons. This is rare to see a Manager take the time to address each persons concerns via internet. I always read the reviews on Trip Advisor before traveling and I noticed how you took the time to response to everyone. From one professional to another, Chuck I take my hat off to you! Other Managers in you profession should follow your lead! My wife and I hope to having the honor in meeting you next weekend.

• Stayed March 2011
Rhowell1,

Thanks for your acknowledgement. We are trying awfully hard to create positive experiences for our guests. Feedback from sites like this help us understand when we are successful and when we fall short. We truly appreciate the feedback from everyone.

Please ask for me when you arrive. I would love the chance to meet you and thank you for your klindf words. Enjoy your stay!!

Chuck Chandler

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport

Address: 1300 Concourse Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Location: United States > Maryland > Linthicum Heights
#5 Romantic Hotel in Linthicum Heights
#15 Business Hotel in Linthicum Heights
Hotel Class:3 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore
Embassy Suites Linthicum
Linthicum Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.