“Keeping up the aloft standard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Catania, Italy
“Keeping up the aloft standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great stay at this Aloft property. What I have come to expect from aloft properties. Great proximity to airport free shuttle is a plus. Driver was helpful safe and readily available. Bartender was great. Staff was friendly, rooms wer clean and would definitely stay again

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear explore21,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay in Baltimore. We're glad you found the free airport shuttle convenient and reliable. We're happy you had a comfortable stay and our bartenders were able to give you great service while you were here. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel wasn't bad at all. I liked it. They had a lot of great features. The bar was nice. The hotel had a cool modern look to it. The price I paid was great. The gym and pool were nice features. Free water bottles were nice.I also liked they had a pool table and a nice lobby to hang out in. I wasn't crazy about the breakfast. I think you're better off going to McDonalds. Also, the platform beds are not really that comfortable and the shower pressure was really bad a sprayed all over the bathroom. I would stay again if we got as good of a price for sure. There were a lot of good things about it. The staff was so nice as well!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear mibar4,
Thank you for your positive review. We're glad you found great value in our hotel and enjoyed our amenities such as W XYZ bar, fitness center and indoor pool, and free bottled water in your guest room. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed mixing and mingling in Re:mix lounge. We have forwarded all your comments to our management team. Thanks for sharing and we hope to welcome you back the next time you're in the Baltimore area.
Milford, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at Aloft BWI, to take advantage of the park and fly. A super early flight, coupled with a 2 hr. commute to the airport, necessitates an overnight stay near the airport. And why not stay somewhere that has a bar? For a few dollars more than the hotel down the street that shall go unmentioned, which had bad reviews and smoking rooms, of all things, and no bar.
I am happy to say that our room was clean and the bed comfortable. Regular shuttle in the morning, no problems.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cameo_Alpha,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Aloft. We're glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the convenient location, W XYZ bar, and free airport shuttle. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town.
Harbeson, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

First time but definitely not our last time! Great contemporary property..free 14 day airport parking! Daily happy hour! Great amenities! Free airport shuttle! Wonderful helpful staff! And a really good Indian restaurant less 1/4 mile away! Hardest part signage on main road look for Hilton sign. Property located behind Hilton! This is not the property by casino!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TVL4Ever3,
Thank you for choosing Aloft Hotels. We're glad you enjoy our modern, open spaces, free perks such as free WiFi and bottled water in your guest room, convenient location, free airport shuttle, and our wonderful staff! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Mom always said if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all so I will try and be nice.

My flight was canceled so I had to spend the night in town. I chose the Aloft because of its proximity to the airport. I called, made my reservation and asked for a shuttle. The shuttle driver arrived to pick me up from the airport quickly.

This hotel has modern décor and appears fairly new. The staff greats you at the round front desk, they were all very friendly and pleasant. The rooms are modern and clean. They are not overly spacious but reasonable in size. There is a nice fitness center with several elliptical machines and free weights. The indoor pool is a plus. All were clean and appeared well-maintained.

One thing you should know about this hotel: there is no restaurant. They have a place you can pick up pre-made sandwiches and bags of chips. They also have a bar with a small menu of things, bar food really. That’s it. No real room service either. If you are looking for a place to eat dinner, this is not your hotel. I had no car so I was stuck.

Would I come back to this hotel? No. There are better options with more complete service in town. You may pay more other places but to me, a full service hotel has more service and some significant pieces were missing at the Aloft.

Room Tip: Eat before you get here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear BWIandBeyond,
Thank you for choosing Aloft. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We're thrilled you enjoyed our modern decor, comfortable guest rooms, friendly staff, fitness center, and indoor pool. Aloft Hotels is a select service property, so you will not find a full service restaurant or room service on property. However, we do have access to our pantry, Re:fuel, 24/7 which provides made-to-order breakfast options, grab-and-go sandwiches and salads, as well as snacks for the day. If you are looking for a hotel with full service amenities, Starwood Hotels does have other options in the area for you to choose from. Thanks again and we hope to host you again in the future.
Converse, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I just spent two weeks in Portugal and Spain courtesy of a Space Available military flight. BWI is where we had to go to get our flight and we were coming from Texas, so we needed to stay overnight near the airport. I booked a night at Aloft-Baltimore Washington International Airport because it was reasonably priced and located very close to where we needed to be early the next morning.

My husband and I had stayed at two other Alofts in North Carolina a few years ago, so we knew to expect a "hip" motif at the BWI location. We arrived at about 9:00pm on Friday, January 10th, and were checked in by a very laid back desk clerk. Our room had everything we needed. A comfortable bed with clean, crisp, white sheets awaited us, along with a flatscreen TV and a work station with plenty of outlets so we could charge up all our phones and tablets and such.

The bathroom was basic with a shower, but the toiletries were pretty nice. We only spent a few hours in the room because after the flights we endured to get to BWI, we really wanted a drink at the bar.

The bartender made me a great margarita with Patron tequila. The drink was fine, though I did think it was priced a bit high. I switched to beer afterwards. We also ordered food which took awhile to get to us and wasn't as hot as I would have liked it. On the other hand, it did taste good and we enjoyed the bar scene with it's light studded top and funky music. I appreciated that the music wasn't discernible in the hallways.

My husband and I got a good night's rest and were very grateful for the free airport shuttle, which got us to and from the airport with no issues. If I need to stay at BWI again, I will definitely consider another night at Aloft- Baltimore Washington International Airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you want a great price and want to stay close to BWI Airport this is the place to do it. The front desk people are very nice and helpful. The maid that took care of our room was awesome. She would always double check our room and make sure we didn't need anything.

Only negative thing is they need to hire more people for the bar.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!