“Frustrations on late night arrival” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Mountain View, CA
“Frustrations on late night arrival”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We missed our flight connection and had to stay at BWI overnight last week. Our flight arrived at 230am. I had already made a reservation for the room, and confirmed that they have a free airport shuttle. As we were deplaning, I called the Aloft and let them know to pick us up. At 3am, we were still standing curbside waiting. When I called them again they said that we were being picked up by the Hilton Shuttle bus, not the Aloft Shuttle bus. Would have been nice if they told us that the first time. Arriving already frustrated, we got to our room to find that: (1) we couldn't change the setting on the thermostat (room was humid and warm) and (2) the bathroom door would not stay closed. Our exhausting prevented us from calling the front desk to complain. The "hip and trendy" decor in our room was a bit beaten up (walls were scraped and mirror was chipped). This was our second Aloft stay (also have stayed in Harlem, NY), probably will be our last.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Karleshyogi,
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the frustrating start to your trip and the miscommunication regarding the hotel shuttle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I checked out from this hotel earlier today. I wanted a little getaway with my S.O. without breaking our pockets. The decor is what originally drew me to Aloft. I'm one for bright colors and modern designs. One thing I hate about some hotels: the outdated decor.

Checking in, they gave me the wrong room (which I should have kept only due to location). When we walked in the room, I noticed they gave me a King instead of 2 queens. I called the front desk and they promptly fixed it, and even offered to bring the room keys up to where we were. Once we got in the room, everything was okay. There was *some* discoloration in some parts of the carpet, but it looked like it was caused from some sort of cleaning agent they used. Realize that the hotel is pet friendly, so they would have to clean up after them somehow. Nonetheless, the layout of the room was nice, they already had extra pillows above the closet and room service come around about 3 times to see if you want your room "refreshed." I ended up just asking for extra towels and they left it on the door so they wouldn't disturb us.

Sound:
Our room was located right above the public area they have next to the pool, so we could hear people outside. We were on the 3rd floor in 311. Now the original room was 622 and the short amount of time I was there, I didn't hear a peep. As I've seen in other reviews, I suggest staying in rooms higher up in the hotel. It didn't help that there were kids there so they were running from their room to the elevator to swim.

Value:
I booked the room on the site and I believe it was $79 a night. Considering this is listed as a 3 star hotel, I don't see that price as being too bad. I do suggest stopping at the local 7-11 for snacks before you arrive because they have their snacks listed at amusement park prices. I didn't entertain the bar but it looked decently stocked with a pool table next to it. Perhaps for a nightcap or a nice setting to play the "Hey, do you come here often" stranger game with your significant other. :)

All in all, I'm very satisfied with my stay. The beds were comfortable, the pillows were fluffy, and the room was just nice to look at. Don't worry if your beds look a little lumpy when you come in, its just the comforter. Also, I called down to extend my checkout time to 1pm and they gladly accommodated me. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Aim for the upper floors. Aim for higher numbered rooms as well to avoid being placed by the pool/pu...
Green Features: I think it was wonderful that they have a recycling can in the room as well as a card that you can sit on the bed if you want your sheets cleaned. Little things go a long way.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Being on the road every week you can get realy tired of the same old boxy hotel layout. Aloft is different is a good kind of way. This hotel is away from the airport noise, but very convenient to Baltimore or DC. The bar area is cool, but service is spotty and not much for food. Hilton across the street is better for dinner. Rooms are larger and have verything you need and good showers.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet as it is away from highways and airport.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

awesome hotel for family with teenage kids. game room, indoor pool, gym,,and very friendly staff, makes you feel at home!! its also very close to the lots of beautiful restaurants and provide a free shuttle service to the metro..would love to stay there again in the near future..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear jpeluyera,
Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that the entire family enjoyed their stay with us. We're happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our pool table in Re:mix, the indoor pool and fitness center. It's great that you enjoyed your weekend here and we hope to welcome you and your family back soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I absolutely recommend anybody that wants to experience a beautiful modern comfortable atmosphere within the hotel (the staff to the shuttle bus drivers) to book your room IMMEDIATELY to this hotel. I booked myself into this hotel for 2 weeks and received nothing but super-excellent customer service and welcoming atmosphere. If any problems need solving I would highly recommend Landy who is the OPS Manager and Jay who is a night audit. There is a small Cafeteria where you can buy snacks, soft drinks etc. They also have a breakfast service. (I came down every morning to get croissant with sausage scrambled egg and American cheese! Absolutely scrumptious!!!) There is also a shuttle bus which is free and takes you to the Airport and also does a pick-up service from the airport to the hotel. I did see recent comments regarding bath water being cold. I would like to state I never experienced such faulty. I would like to end on this note that I will be returning back to this hotel at the end of this year/beginning of year 2014. It is also pet friendly and family friendly. I must conclude by thanking all the staff in Aloft BWI hotel and the shuttle drivers as well for their guidance, support, assistance, kindness and hospitability. In respects to mostly Salome, Stephanie, Jay, Landy,Terrence,Janet,Mario and not least LA.

Green Features: . The Hotel regarding cleanliness was spot on and I had no problems with hygiene at all throughout the hotel and outside of it. The Hotel is clean throughout and I must give huge thanks to the Maintenance Worker Terrance who does a thorough dedicated job in maintaining that the hotel is hygienic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a 6:30 a.m. international flight, so we took advantage of Aloft's shuttle van and free long-term parking, and stayed there the night before. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful; the room was stylish and comfortable; and the shuttle left right on time... at 4:30 a.m.! Among the hotels in the BWI area that offer long-term parking, Aloft had the best price. When we returned at midnight, 8 days later, we called the hotel, and they sent the van to get us in a reasonable amount of time. A very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Balt21212,
We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our park and stay experience. We're glad to be of service to you when you are traveling. Please visit us again soon - we will keep your car safe. We hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dirty, worn, broken, splattered and no hospitality is something completely different and unacceptable. I believe the room number was 212. The hotel is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle and a good 7 day free parking perk. Otherwise...simply regrettable.

Green Features: A myth. There is so much more that should be done. Read the company line on the wonderful program and experience the property first hand.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Zha-MD,
We're sorry to hear that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. We have made note of the room and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate teams. We're happy to hear that you found our location and free long term parking to be convenient. Thanks again for letting us know on how we can improve and we hope to host you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 266 reviews
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
The Westin Baltimore Washington ...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 497 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 351 reviews
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airpor...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 273 reviews

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!