I checked out from this hotel earlier today. I wanted a little getaway with my S.O. without breaking our pockets. The decor is what originally drew me to Aloft. I'm one for bright colors and modern designs. One thing I hate about some hotels: the outdated decor.
Checking in, they gave me the wrong room (which I should have kept only due to location). When we walked in the room, I noticed they gave me a King instead of 2 queens. I called the front desk and they promptly fixed it, and even offered to bring the room keys up to where we were. Once we got in the room, everything was okay. There was *some* discoloration in some parts of the carpet, but it looked like it was caused from some sort of cleaning agent they used. Realize that the hotel is pet friendly, so they would have to clean up after them somehow. Nonetheless, the layout of the room was nice, they already had extra pillows above the closet and room service come around about 3 times to see if you want your room "refreshed." I ended up just asking for extra towels and they left it on the door so they wouldn't disturb us.
Our room was located right above the public area they have next to the pool, so we could hear people outside. We were on the 3rd floor in 311. Now the original room was 622 and the short amount of time I was there, I didn't hear a peep. As I've seen in other reviews, I suggest staying in rooms higher up in the hotel. It didn't help that there were kids there so they were running from their room to the elevator to swim.
I booked the room on the site and I believe it was $79 a night. Considering this is listed as a 3 star hotel, I don't see that price as being too bad. I do suggest stopping at the local 7-11 for snacks before you arrive because they have their snacks listed at amusement park prices. I didn't entertain the bar but it looked decently stocked with a pool table next to it. Perhaps for a nightcap or a nice setting to play the "Hey, do you come here often" stranger game with your significant other. :)
All in all, I'm very satisfied with my stay. The beds were comfortable, the pillows were fluffy, and the room was just nice to look at. Don't worry if your beds look a little lumpy when you come in, its just the comforter. Also, I called down to extend my checkout time to 1pm and they gladly accommodated me. I'd definitely stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft - Baltimore Washington International Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Aloft - Baltimore Washington International Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Baltimore-Washington International Airport Hotel offers something bold and new to the culture-conscious traveler alienated by cookie-cutter, one size fits all experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Aloft - Baltimore Washington International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.