“washinton DC weekend trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“washinton DC weekend trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

awesome hotel for family with teenage kids. game room, indoor pool, gym,,and very friendly staff, makes you feel at home!! its also very close to the lots of beautiful restaurants and provide a free shuttle service to the metro..would love to stay there again in the near future..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear jpeluyera,
Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that the entire family enjoyed their stay with us. We're happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our pool table in Re:mix, the indoor pool and fitness center. It's great that you enjoyed your weekend here and we hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I absolutely recommend anybody that wants to experience a beautiful modern comfortable atmosphere within the hotel (the staff to the shuttle bus drivers) to book your room IMMEDIATELY to this hotel. I booked myself into this hotel for 2 weeks and received nothing but super-excellent customer service and welcoming atmosphere. If any problems need solving I would highly recommend Landy who is the OPS Manager and Jay who is a night audit. There is a small Cafeteria where you can buy snacks, soft drinks etc. They also have a breakfast service. (I came down every morning to get croissant with sausage scrambled egg and American cheese! Absolutely scrumptious!!!) There is also a shuttle bus which is free and takes you to the Airport and also does a pick-up service from the airport to the hotel. I did see recent comments regarding bath water being cold. I would like to state I never experienced such faulty. I would like to end on this note that I will be returning back to this hotel at the end of this year/beginning of year 2014. It is also pet friendly and family friendly. I must conclude by thanking all the staff in Aloft BWI hotel and the shuttle drivers as well for their guidance, support, assistance, kindness and hospitability. In respects to mostly Salome, Stephanie, Jay, Landy,Terrence,Janet,Mario and not least LA.

Green Features: . The Hotel regarding cleanliness was spot on and I had no problems with hygiene at all throughout the hotel and outside of it. The Hotel is clean throughout and I must give huge thanks to the Maintenance Worker Terrance who does a thorough dedicated job in maintaining that the hotel is hygienic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a 6:30 a.m. international flight, so we took advantage of Aloft's shuttle van and free long-term parking, and stayed there the night before. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful; the room was stylish and comfortable; and the shuttle left right on time... at 4:30 a.m.! Among the hotels in the BWI area that offer long-term parking, Aloft had the best price. When we returned at midnight, 8 days later, we called the hotel, and they sent the van to get us in a reasonable amount of time. A very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Balt21212,
We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our park and stay experience. We're glad to be of service to you when you are traveling. Please visit us again soon - we will keep your car safe. We hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dirty, worn, broken, splattered and no hospitality is something completely different and unacceptable. I believe the room number was 212. The hotel is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle and a good 7 day free parking perk. Otherwise...simply regrettable.

Green Features: A myth. There is so much more that should be done. Read the company line on the wonderful program and experience the property first hand.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Zha-MD,
We're sorry to hear that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. We have made note of the room and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate teams. We're happy to hear that you found our location and free long term parking to be convenient. Thanks again for letting us know on how we can improve and we hope to host you again.
Estero, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I gave this hotel a rather glowing review after my first stay two years ago and I've continued to have good experiences there up until this most recent stay. Unfortunately, this stay had so many disappointing moments that I had to update my review. The problems started at check-in where I was told that I had only booked a one-night stay (when, in fact, I had booked AND PAID FOR two nights). They also said the system was not showing that I am an SPG Gold member. I'm still not quite sure what the problem was, but somehow after a few minutes and lots of frustration, all the correct information magically appeared. Problem solved. I got to my room to find that there were no bottles of water - something I've always received here. Oh, well. I had a dinner to attend so I left and didn't return until around 9pm. It was very hard to find a parking space and I realized why as soon as I got inside - there was a huge party going on at the lobby bar. I'm guessing it was because it was Preakness weekend, but still...I had no desire to hear live music blaring from the courtyard into my room until 11pm. I thought the next day would be a better experience, but not so much. It started when I bought a small coffee cake from downstairs for breakfast. I went back to my room and took a bite only to discover it was old and moldy inside. Disgusting. I wanted to have a morning swim in the indoor pool, but was told they don't open until 10am on the weekends (4pm on weekdays), which really didn't seem like very convenient hours! I left for the day and forgot about my Aloft woes. When I returned briefly that evening, I tried to use the ATM only to have it be broken (I had to go to a different hotel to get cash) and saw that the party had once again started in the lobby bar - this time with a live belly dancer!!! Finally, I placed my food order on my door so that my hot breakfast would be ready at 7am the next morning so I could grab it promptly as I headed to the airport. But, of course, the food was not ready the next morning as requested. The order was sitting right on the chef's window (I saw it), but she was at the front desk talking so she had missed it. She promised it would be ready in "3-4 minutes", but that turned into over 10 minutes. A disappointing ending to a disappointing stay.

This hotel always dispelled the saying, "you get what you pay for" by being a budget hotel with above average amenities. Now, you seem to get exactly what you pay for - a cheap hotel with cheap service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for recently staying at the Aloft BWI hotel. We apologize that your return to the hotel was less than favorable. However, the great things about the Aloft brand, is we do from time to time have live entertainment, which sets apart from other hotel brands. We monitored the volume throughout the evening, and the reason you heard music was because someone had opened the doors to the backyard area. When it was brought to our attention, we quickly shut the doors. We have not gone down hill as you indicate. Since your last visit, we have had some wonderful decor renovations and are rolling out some wonderful Starwood brand initiatives. We imagine one of the reasons why you returned to our hotel to begin with was because of our wonderful comepetitive pricing and because you found our hotel to be quite responsive to your needs. While we may not have met your expectations this time around, we greatly apologize and would love to have you return to our property. There are many reasons to stay with us, and one of those reasons, is because we know how to take care of guests, even if they experience a problem. Happy Memorial Day and thank you for your feedback.

Michael Harold
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This wasn't my first stay here, and my first stay left a lot to be desired int eh staff, however they seemed to have gotten it together and found a great package that included 2 drinks at the bar, for cheaper than any other places around. This a a fun and funky option and I enjoy staying and will def be back. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and I must say I have very little complaints. If you like a more traditional or country style room this hotel is not for you. Everything was more modern with an urban look. The furniture style was nice with bold an bright colors. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. The only thing I didn't like was you had to go to the lobby for a bag of ice. There was no ice machines located on the floors. There is shuttle to take you to the airport and it was just a short drive. We were able to keep our vehicle parked at no cost. I think you pay if you keep your vehicle parked for more than a few days. So I would stay here again, location was great, the rooms were clean and the staff was great.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Missingmom,
Thank you so much for your positive review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope you will visit us again soon!

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!