“Very convenient and nicely priced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, MD
“Very convenient and nicely priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a 6:30 a.m. international flight, so we took advantage of Aloft's shuttle van and free long-term parking, and stayed there the night before. The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful; the room was stylish and comfortable; and the shuttle left right on time... at 4:30 a.m.! Among the hotels in the BWI area that offer long-term parking, Aloft had the best price. When we returned at midnight, 8 days later, we called the hotel, and they sent the van to get us in a reasonable amount of time. A very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Balt21212,
We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our park and stay experience. We're glad to be of service to you when you are traveling. Please visit us again soon - we will keep your car safe. We hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dirty, worn, broken, splattered and no hospitality is something completely different and unacceptable. I believe the room number was 212. The hotel is convenient to the airport with a free shuttle and a good 7 day free parking perk. Otherwise...simply regrettable.

Green Features: A myth. There is so much more that should be done. Read the company line on the wonderful program and experience the property first hand.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Zha-MD,
We're sorry to hear that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. We have made note of the room and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate teams. We're happy to hear that you found our location and free long term parking to be convenient. Thanks again for letting us know on how we can improve and we hope to host you again.
Estero, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I gave this hotel a rather glowing review after my first stay two years ago and I've continued to have good experiences there up until this most recent stay. Unfortunately, this stay had so many disappointing moments that I had to update my review. The problems started at check-in where I was told that I had only booked a one-night stay (when, in fact, I had booked AND PAID FOR two nights). They also said the system was not showing that I am an SPG Gold member. I'm still not quite sure what the problem was, but somehow after a few minutes and lots of frustration, all the correct information magically appeared. Problem solved. I got to my room to find that there were no bottles of water - something I've always received here. Oh, well. I had a dinner to attend so I left and didn't return until around 9pm. It was very hard to find a parking space and I realized why as soon as I got inside - there was a huge party going on at the lobby bar. I'm guessing it was because it was Preakness weekend, but still...I had no desire to hear live music blaring from the courtyard into my room until 11pm. I thought the next day would be a better experience, but not so much. It started when I bought a small coffee cake from downstairs for breakfast. I went back to my room and took a bite only to discover it was old and moldy inside. Disgusting. I wanted to have a morning swim in the indoor pool, but was told they don't open until 10am on the weekends (4pm on weekdays), which really didn't seem like very convenient hours! I left for the day and forgot about my Aloft woes. When I returned briefly that evening, I tried to use the ATM only to have it be broken (I had to go to a different hotel to get cash) and saw that the party had once again started in the lobby bar - this time with a live belly dancer!!! Finally, I placed my food order on my door so that my hot breakfast would be ready at 7am the next morning so I could grab it promptly as I headed to the airport. But, of course, the food was not ready the next morning as requested. The order was sitting right on the chef's window (I saw it), but she was at the front desk talking so she had missed it. She promised it would be ready in "3-4 minutes", but that turned into over 10 minutes. A disappointing ending to a disappointing stay.

This hotel always dispelled the saying, "you get what you pay for" by being a budget hotel with above average amenities. Now, you seem to get exactly what you pay for - a cheap hotel with cheap service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for recently staying at the Aloft BWI hotel. We apologize that your return to the hotel was less than favorable. However, the great things about the Aloft brand, is we do from time to time have live entertainment, which sets apart from other hotel brands. We monitored the volume throughout the evening, and the reason you heard music was because someone had opened the doors to the backyard area. When it was brought to our attention, we quickly shut the doors. We have not gone down hill as you indicate. Since your last visit, we have had some wonderful decor renovations and are rolling out some wonderful Starwood brand initiatives. We imagine one of the reasons why you returned to our hotel to begin with was because of our wonderful comepetitive pricing and because you found our hotel to be quite responsive to your needs. While we may not have met your expectations this time around, we greatly apologize and would love to have you return to our property. There are many reasons to stay with us, and one of those reasons, is because we know how to take care of guests, even if they experience a problem. Happy Memorial Day and thank you for your feedback.

Michael Harold
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This wasn't my first stay here, and my first stay left a lot to be desired int eh staff, however they seemed to have gotten it together and found a great package that included 2 drinks at the bar, for cheaper than any other places around. This a a fun and funky option and I enjoy staying and will def be back. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and I must say I have very little complaints. If you like a more traditional or country style room this hotel is not for you. Everything was more modern with an urban look. The furniture style was nice with bold an bright colors. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. The only thing I didn't like was you had to go to the lobby for a bag of ice. There was no ice machines located on the floors. There is shuttle to take you to the airport and it was just a short drive. We were able to keep our vehicle parked at no cost. I think you pay if you keep your vehicle parked for more than a few days. So I would stay here again, location was great, the rooms were clean and the staff was great.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Missingmom,
Thank you so much for your positive review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope you will visit us again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you are staying overnight for your flights from BWI or attending any events around this area, this is the hotel. They provide shuttle bus. The service is very good, the manager on duty while I was staying there, LA was very persoanable and attentive. I also liked the room and the beds were very comfortable. WXYZ was cool but the service could be a little bit more friendly. It's my first time to stay at Aloft, However, I missed the convenience of club lounge, the elevator was very slow; I also don't understand why I only got half the welcome points and you also only get 250 points if you choose not to clean your room compared with 500 points with other SPG hotels It's my first time to stay at Aloft, the overall experience was fine as I was spending a lot of time outside the hotel with my friends. Regular Sheraton or Westin will still be my first choice for SPG hotels.

Room Tip: maybe higher floor, but the elevator is very slow
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although the hotel decor was a bit unorthodox and maybe not what I am used to, the value and proximity to the airport made it a good choice. The staff there was what made what would have been an average stay into a great one. They were all attentive and saw to all our needs and concerns. I would recommend staying here if you can get past the club feel but like I said that was more of my own personal opinion.

Room Tip: They have a laundry facility on the 6th floor, nice for a quick wash
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!