You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel and I must say I have very little complaints. If you like a more traditional or country style room this hotel is not for you. Everything was more modern with an urban look. The furniture style was nice with bold an bright colors. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. The only thing I didn't like was you had to go to the lobby for a bag of ice. There was no ice machines located on the floors. There is shuttle to take you to the airport and it was just a short drive. We were able to keep our vehicle parked at no cost. I think you pay if you keep your vehicle parked for more than a few days. So I would stay here again, location was great, the rooms were clean and the staff was great.

• Stayed May 2013
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Missingmom,
Thank you so much for your positive review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you are staying overnight for your flights from BWI or attending any events around this area, this is the hotel. They provide shuttle bus. The service is very good, the manager on duty while I was staying there, LA was very persoanable and attentive. I also liked the room and the beds were very comfortable. WXYZ was cool but the service could be a little bit more friendly. It's my first time to stay at Aloft, However, I missed the convenience of club lounge, the elevator was very slow; I also don't understand why I only got half the welcome points and you also only get 250 points if you choose not to clean your room compared with 500 points with other SPG hotels It's my first time to stay at Aloft, the overall experience was fine as I was spending a lot of time outside the hotel with my friends. Regular Sheraton or Westin will still be my first choice for SPG hotels.

Room Tip: maybe higher floor, but the elevator is very slow
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although the hotel decor was a bit unorthodox and maybe not what I am used to, the value and proximity to the airport made it a good choice. The staff there was what made what would have been an average stay into a great one. They were all attentive and saw to all our needs and concerns. I would recommend staying here if you can get past the club feel but like I said that was more of my own personal opinion.

Room Tip: They have a laundry facility on the 6th floor, nice for a quick wash
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night during a road trip. Was tired when I checked in, but revived by the friendliness of the front desk staff. The indoor pool was nice for a relaxing swim. The bar area looked nice. There were ample snacks for sale, too. The room is nice, a good size, with an open loft feel to it. Comfy bed for a good night of sleep. This was my second stay at this hotel, and I'm sure I'll be here again since it's also very convenient to BWI.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Travelling_Girl76,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We're happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your time at Aloft . We also appreciate that you enjoyed the team we have employed here and look forward to welcoming you back in the future when your travel plans bring you to the BWI area.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Starwood gold and have been for many years. I'm a Starwood guy. First try of aloft and likely the last.
Pretty cool and funky design, like a mini W vibe, or less expensive W vibe. Personally I'm not a W fan, I guess at43 I'm over the chic and too cool for school atmosphere. Check in staff was great. A I arrived in my room and opened the door, the tv was on,bed sheets in diassary, towels all over bath room floor, I quickly turned around as it was obvious this room was either allready occupied or not ready for a new occupant. Front desk was very apologetic and placed me in room2. Unpacked, called wife and kids, turned on tv, but only sound came on, no picture. I called front desk and in 40 minutes tech showed up. Front desk was admirable during this process and called while waiting to let me know technicians were running behind but would hopefully show up soon( no e.t.a) technicians got it fixed after 10 minutes of behind the tv adjustments.
Room on small size and overall feel was " spring break in Daytona" with a stained low grade carpet floor.
I think I won't try another aloft, just not for me.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear kenuga,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent visit to Aloft. We are happy to know that our front desk team was able to provide great service to you, however, apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your comments about the room to our respective teams so that they may fix any issues you experience while on-site with us. We hope you will give us another try in the future and look forward to the opportunity to host you again.
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great place to stay when you have an early flight out. Modern chic hotel design which I love to call, Ikea on crack! Check in was smooth and easy. Room was great with comfy bed and smart design. They have a nice bar and breakfast food options as well. I wish we actually had more time to stay and relax....can't say I've said that in awhile about a hotel. Great value and left car with zero issues while traveling. Definitely recommend! Oh and great shuttle pick up and drop off....even when I couldn't find exactly where to go....very helpful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The only thing I can say nice about this hotel is that we were allowed to check in early after driving 7 hours to get here! When we checked in, we were not informed of any problems. However, since we had been in the car all day, we wanted to take a shower and refresh before dinner. Well guess what, NO HOT WATER!!! When we asked at the front desk, we were told it would be back on in a jiffy. So we tried to make the best of things and still went to dinner. Prior to returning to the hotel. We called to insure the hot water worked again, they told us it was back on and everything was great. Guess what, STILL NO HOT WATER!!! Now, we checked in over 9 hours ago! We called the desk and was told they couldn't give us a. Time it would be back on. So, i am online trying to find other accommodations at 9pm on a Friday night. Ridiculous! Do not stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Travelsoftenwhubby,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the intermittent problem with our hot water. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during the time our team was working on getting this resolved. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you will give us another shot and try us out again in the future.

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!