“Excellent!! Very Clean AND Friendly!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
DC
“Excellent!! Very Clean AND Friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was my 4th time staying at this hotel and I have not been disappointed this far. I usually stay at this hotel when I have an early morning flight out of BWI Airport or if I am returning from a late night trip and do not feel like driving an hour home.

I have checked in during the day and late at night. Each and ever time, regardless the hour, the hotel was always emmaculate (lobby and rooms) and the front desk staff ALWAYS friendly, not to mention quick!!

After four visits to this hotel, I finally decided to write a review because I would be amiss if I did not write and thank the Aloft for hiring such caring people to work the front desk. The treatment I received from Mr. McKinight (did not get his first name) was well worth writing. When I checked in, I was tired and things were just not going right that morning with work and family. Mr. McKnight must have seen the stress written all over my face, because he immediately stopped what he was doing, (he appeared to be discussing work related stuff with another employee) asked if I was ok, if I needed water or anything, then proceeded to check me in and you could tell, he was working fast so I could get to my room a relax! He went above and beyond what is normally expected at the front desk. Not taking anything away from the other front desk staff, because each and every time I checked in, everyone was extrememly friendly.

Now this is what you pay your money for.......service! And that is exactly what I got, plus more!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing the wonderful reasons why every guest should want to stay with the Aloft BWI Airport. We also thank you for recognizing those associates who impacted your stay positively. Mr. Lionel McKnight, is our new Front Office Manager. We are thrilled to have him apart of our team. We ensure you will leave here with a smile. Have a wonderful year ahead - we look forward to seeing you again.

Aloft BWI Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Thomaston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our first stay at an Aloft brand hotel. The facility was spotless and our rooms smelled fresh, The design was modern and our King room was spacious and well equipped. The shower was double sized and the water flowed from the shower head like a gentle rain. Very relaxing after a long day of travel. The hotel staff were well selected and trained to represent the property on the front line. The ambiance of the lobby was excellent and designed for relaxation and fun. Each room was supplied with free coffee and free bottled water. I know it's a small thing, but after a day of travel, bottled water was welcomed. The hotel was near the airport with several chain restaurant choices near by. The only suggestion for improvement I would make would be to offer a free continental breakfast. Breakfast was offered though at a nominal charge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
From the Aloft BWI Airport, we thank you for taking the time to write to us about your recent stay. It was our pleasure to deliver the service you deserve and expect from a Starwood hotel. All of the wonderful reasons why anyone should stay with us, you outlined - again thank you so much for providing this wonderful feedback.

Have a great year ahead and we hope to see you soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My first time experiencing the Aloft hotel was great my stay was wonderful and the front desk had great customer service and was very helpful providing me with assistance . Look forward to coming back and telling my colleagues about the property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for selecting our hotel. We also want to say thank you for allowing us to serve you on your 1st visit to our property. We also thank you for referring business to our hotel, and hope that they will also share in the expereince that you had with us. We wish you a very successful year.

See you soon,

villa riva, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked this hotel to try something new with the SPG properties. I was only staying one night in the BWI area so I specifically wanted a hotel with an airport shuttle. I arrived around 2:30 p.m. and was told by the hotel that the shuttle would be at BWI in 20 minutes. Forty minutes later I received a call from the hotel stating there would be no shuttle driver until 5 p.m. I insisted the hotel pay for a taxi only to have the manager refuse. Only after threatening to write a negative review and call SPG did the hotel miraculously find a driver to get me. By this time I was already on the phone with SPG Platinum changing my reservation to another property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Aloft BWI Airport hotel. We apologize that you experienced a problem back in December, and wish that we would have heard about this sooner to resolve. Our complimentary shuttle runs 24 hours a day, and makes regular trips to and from the airport. My hope is that you contacted the correct Aloft, since there are 2 Alofts within a 7 mile radius. We take pride in delivering 100% guest satisfaction, even if it means taking care of cab fare for a guest that has waited longer than the average time it typically takes. On behalf of both Alofts, Starwood hotels, and my team, please accept our sincerest apologies that you experienced a problem. We hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My first time staying in an Aloft brand hotel and I love it. Not only was it hip and modern but it was a friendly fun atmosphere which made me want to hang out in the lounge. Woke up Sunday morning enjoyed a hot cup of coffee while listening to a lil Luther and interacted with the outgoing charming staff. This will be my hotel of choice every time I am in the Baltimore area. Thanks for such and wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Whole hotel was quiet, clean and very enjoyable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Awesome! Thank you so much for making us your hotel choice while visiting the Baltimore area. We enjoyed having you just as much as you enjoyed staying here with us and (Luther V.).....smile. We look forward to having you back.

Best Regards -

Aloft BWI Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I enjoyed the whole atmosphere, the music was great. It would have been extreme!!!!! If there was at least a continental breakfast.think about it! The bar was good and the bartender was awesome I believe her name was Tonya very people friendly a keeper.Rooms were very clean and loved the soap dispenser for shower as well as the shampoo.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for expressing how wonderful your stay was, along with our bartender. We welcome you back anytime, so we can get to continue to be your #1 hotel of choice while visiting. Have an awesome year.

Best Regards -

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Excellent customer service, value and SUPER relaxing sitting on large comfy couches in front of a fire. The staff was helpful and there is hot coffee 24 hours a day. Love that aloft is eco-friendly and really modern upbeat and clean.

• Stayed January 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you so much from all of us here at the Aloft BWI Airport. We are pleased to hear that everything about your stay met your expectations. We understand you have so many other hotels to choose from, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you return back to our hotel when you travels call for it.

Take care and see you soon,

Aloft BWI

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!