“Feels like your home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
“Feels like your home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent customer service, value and SUPER relaxing sitting on large comfy couches in front of a fire. The staff was helpful and there is hot coffee 24 hours a day. Love that aloft is eco-friendly and really modern upbeat and clean.

• Stayed January 2013
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you so much from all of us here at the Aloft BWI Airport. We are pleased to hear that everything about your stay met your expectations. We understand you have so many other hotels to choose from, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you return back to our hotel when you travels call for it.

Take care and see you soon,

504 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed for my first time at an Aloft brand and I found that the experience was quite exceptional. The design of the hotel, lobby, and the room is outstanding and for the price of just over $100 found it amazing. I travel frequently and the amenities were incomparable to those hotels I've stayed at paying three times the amount. Complimentary bottles of water in the room, free WiFi access, pool table in the lobby, not to mention the gym and indoor pool. They also provided shuttle service to the local restaurants and shopping, which was great in the 20 degree weather that hit the region. Thanks so much to Dominique C. for allowing me to check in early and for the warm welcome with a big smile after driving 5 hours. Aloft is now definitely on my preferred list and look forward to another stay! -Cameron J.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for writing this review. Although this review is for the Aloft at the Arundel Mills location, we take pride in recognizing your stay. You have done a wonderful job in spelling out what the Aloft brand is all about. Our hotel will offer you the same, and we hope one day you will come stay with us. I will make sure the Aloft Arundel Mills is aware of your wonderful feedback.

Take Care and Happy New Year -

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Let me start off with my first encounter with this hotel, in August. I had just gotten back traveling for months from the Philippines to Hong Kong to LA then took a red eye to Baltimore. My mom booked this hotel just so my sister and I could sleep for a flew hours before slowly inching our way back to Richmond. We got to the hotel, and the women at the front desk was one of the RUDEST employees I have ever encountered. We had called in a week earlier to make sure we could check in early, since that was the sole purpose (we weren't even spending the night). We told her about this and rather then helping us, she completely ignored us right after telling us a blunt, "You can't check in.". (Normally, when I see people writing that, I think they're overreacting, but I promise she was ignoring us). I would've understood if they didn't tell us we could previously, or if she even attempted to help us. So we found another employee, demanded a refund, and left.

Our next attempt with this hotel was when I was booked to work at a studio close to here and had a very early call time, so I gave them another shot. We arrived at this hotel and and we were greeted by a lovely manager who checked us in, and such. It was a rather pleasant experience except for when I woke up in the morning, there was a stink bug sitting right next to me.

So overall, I don't think this hotel will be getting any other chances any time soon. There are just too many obvious inconsistencies in their cleanliness and costumer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our customer service improvement plan that we are implementing. I also ask that you please reach out to me by email or telephone to provide me with the date of your check in and check out. I would like to identify the associate that failed to meet both of our expectations. We encourage you to return to our location as our goal is to provide a flawless stay. If your travels return you to the BWI area, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

michael.harold@aloftbwi.com
(410)691-6969 ext. 6720
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I've heard great things about this hotel from other ppl! I finally had the privilege of staying there for myself! The staff at the front desk Dominique Carter was very friendly and helpful made sure all my needs were met in a timely fashion. The manager Harry personally came to introduce himself to me as well as explain things about the hotel and it's surroundings that I didn't know. Over all it was a great experience! If I'm ever in the area again I would most definitely stay there.

• Stayed August 2012
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and loved the staff. This is wonderful to hear. We look forward to having you return back to our hotel in the near future, so we can continue to have our relationship grow stronger. Have a wonderful and prosperous New Year.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I travel alot, so the night before my flights, I book me a room here at the Aloft. It is nice and peaceful, and parking is no hassle. The shuttle will get you to the airport on time for your flight, which I have had to use a couple of times. Customer service was very welcoming each time I have stayed. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. It brings us great joy that our guests take the time to express how well their visit went. We look forward to having you return back to our property.

Happy New Year -

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very trendy hotel. It was clean but not what I was used to. The rooms were very small and boring looking. It reminded me of my dorm room back in the 80's. The staff was not knowledgeable about the area and their apperance was tacky to say the less. If you chose this hotel why not just go to a red roof in or motel 8, because this hotel is not worth the money..For what you pay trust me you can find a better place to stay,,,Beware.. Being a SPG member I was sadly disappointed,,Look into better training your staff on appearance and customer service,,Just start all over again,,,Get a new design team..Lastly the heating system was sooooo loud it kept me up all night, I turned if off and just asked for extra blankets quess what they had none,,,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Aloft BWI hotel for your recent travels. The Aloft brand is a savy and trendy brand that allows our talent members to deliver customer service and a positive guest experience on a different level. This is one of the great attributes of Starwood hotels, as it customizes to the different needs of our guests. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations, and assure you that we will use your experience to analyze our service culture, so we can ensure 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.

Happy New Year -

Manassas, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at your hotel on Saturday and I wanted to let you know about the fabulous experience we had. When we checked in Kenise ensured that we had an easy check in process including ensuring that my young children felt very welcome. Mario hurried upstairs to our room to create the girls bed and when he saw that the comforter was not good he got us another one. Finally, my oldest daughter (7) wanted to swim at night however, the heater in the pool was broken and she was freezing. My wife and her stopped at the bar where Tanya took the time to show her the lights at the bar and then suggested that she take them to the Hilton next door to swim. This made my daughter’s night and made my wife so happy. Overall, I have to see that I travel a lot for work and with my family, and that this experience was one of the best stays I have ever had. We live in Manassas, VA however we like to visit Baltimore. We will definitely stay at your property again when we visit Baltimore.

Thank you to you and your wonderful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and recognizing those associates who made your stay memorable. I will personally ensure they are recognized for their dedication to deliver service so memorable. See you soon and Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

Aloft BWI

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!