“The hotel isnt bad really, but” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland
“The hotel isnt bad really, but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

When booking a room there you always use a card to hold the room but when you want to pay cash at check in they dont take it....so be prepared....again as I said the hotel is nice I'd stay there before I stay at the others being an SPG memeber....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and loyalty to our Aloft BWI location. You are correct. All reservations must be secured with a credit card at the time of booking. At check in, we do require a credit/debit card. Upon check out, all of our guests can opt to keep their charges on the credit/debit card, unless they would like to pay cash. This is our hotel policy. Should this payment arrangement not work for our guests, we do have sister hotels that we can recommend within a very short distance. Once again, we appreciate your business and your feedback. Happy New Year to you and your family.

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked this hotel for a recent 2 day trip after reading the reviews but was shocked when I reached the hotel. The decor was good but the elevators and floor carpet on the floor I got a room were not cleaned in a few days and that didnt change after reporting it in the next two days either. I was asked the morning after check-in if I would need my room serviced and after an affirmative reply, to my surprise the room was not serviced although someone had been in the room because the lights had been switch on. I had to wait till the next day morning to get fresh towels too since there was only one person at reception at night and she could not provide me with the same as they were locked away.

You would also want to carry toothpaste as there is a charge for it if you forget it. Unless you are parking your car there and travelling somewhere for a few nights, the parking package is not helpful as the hotel does offer free parking. This was not clarified for me during booking and so I had spent extra to get that package.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing the Aloft BWI hotel for your travelling needs. I request that you please reach out to me, so I can fully understand what has been said in this review. We realize that you have so many other options in choosing hotels, so we would like to address the concerns you raised. We do offer park and fly rates for those guests travelling away for days at a time. For those guest who stay overnight or for multiple nights, we do offer complimentary parking. Please reach out to myself at michael.harold@aloftbwi.com, so I can better determine how we did not meet your expectations.

Best Regards,

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I found that the best price, for my travel dates, thru non-bidding websites was equal to their price, after I joined their loyalty club. Belonging to the loyalty club got me some sort of upgraded room. It was nice. Got turn-down service on a late check-in, and the modern aesthetic and good lighting made it a pleasure for us to get in late, after dinner, and watch a little Netflix and get to bed for a flight out to Montego Bay early the next morning. Good room all-around: lots of available power for devices, iPhone compatibility. Of note was the tech: If I had brought an HDMI cable, I could have ported my downloaded (Piratebay movies, on my thumb-drive) directly from my avi player thru my Macbook into a convenient ittle outlet box and directly into the plat-screen on the wall. It looked like my standard Apple synch-cord=USB wire would also work. (To the hotel, great job on the tech! and contemporary design!) Either way, I loved not having to work-around old-fashioned old-people media: television. (Another plus: not a lot of paper and other ad-copy junk in the room). The WiFi was strong enough that we just played Netflix and HuluPlus on iPads. No clutter in room. Ikea-style furnishings. Someone had pulled out a shower sliding-glass-door for whatever reason. We liked the extra floor-space and open-floorplan the loss of it made. The whole place was nice and airy and open. Very helpful front desk staff. Clean, social place, like a brightly lighted Starbucks. I put up a video of the room at youtube under my name, jeffhfromoxford, easily found by searching under "Aloft BWI" and my name. Finally, the "park and fly" program worked very good: shuttle leaves every 15 minutes during standrad flight hours and 30 otherwise, and it works on about a 20-minute wait-time. (There's an Olive Tree or some other similarly named Olive Garden knock-off a mile or so away that's not bad, as is some other place with two initials in its name, which is near to the Olive Tree place. The front desk mention both when you ask about nearby places. Neither is great, but both are good.)

Room Tip: No-drama "Park&Fly" hotel with very good front-desk staff and shuttle drivers!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing the Aloft BWI for the many reasons that you outlined for the whole world to see. We offer wonderful amenities, great location, and friendly staff. It is our goal to ensure that when you leave our hotel, that you will remember us for every return visit. From all of us here at the Aloft BWI, we truly appreciate your sincere interests in ensuring that hotels get recognized for wonderful experiences on Trip Advisor. Happy New Year, and we look forward to having you return back to us.

Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed one night at the Aloft on our way to Mexico. Price under $125.00 including taxes to stay and one night leave the car while we were gone. Front desk staff was pleasant and efficient. Rooms are modern, clean, bed was very comfortable. Breakfast food for sale. Restaurants nearby. Shuttle to airport ran every 15 minutes in the morning. Called when we returned and they were there in a few minutes to pick us up. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing our Aloft BWI hotel for your park and fly visit. This is a great way to travel and save money. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us and everyone else who use social network sites to gauge their travel accommodations. Have a great New Year and safe travels. Please come back and see us.

Ocean Pines, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Aloft to try it out and get Starwood Preferred Guest points
I had read reviews and was prepared that Aloft has a very modern look.
Pros
The bed was very comfortable and the room was good-sized with a large flat screen tv on the wall
Cons
The room was set up so the only place you could watch tv was from the bed. There was only a desk chair off to the far right side available for sitting but nothing else. The room has a modern but stripped down look. Amenities are from a pump container in the shower and are nothing special.
The biggest turn off for me was the feeling that everything was for sale, nothing was complementary. We booked a "bed and breakfast" rate for 2 that was $20 more than another cheaper rate. When we checked in we were given a $10 voucher for breakfast. The next morning we looked at the breakfast choices and everything was "a la carte"--e.g. the omelet was $9 but toast was extra. The cheapest breakfast offering was a $5.50 breakfast sandwich or wrap: our $10 coupon did not even cover that for two people.

Bottom line: we will not be returning as there are a number of other hotels in the BWI area that offer you more value and comfort for your money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. We do our very best to provide a product that allows guests to come in, be themselves, relax, and partake of the great ammenities that we have. Our hotel packages are on our website and itemize in detail what each package entails. I apologize if the package you selected did not meet your expectations. We will have to take a closer look at this to ensure that we are meeting all of our guest expectations. With that said, we hope that you will visit us again, for the many reasons why you should stay at our hotel.

Have a great New Year -

Annville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel for the second time in October 2012. We arrived a day early due to the impending Hurricane Sandy and the staff was extremely hospitable for our two day stay. Despite the storm, we had power the entire time and the hotel informed us that there were generators for the lobby if need be. Our flight was cancelled this time, but in 2011 we used the hotel to leave our car and transport us to the airport.The car was safe the entire time and the staff driving the van was very prompt and polite. The hotel was extremely clean both times and it is close to a few restaurants. We will definitely stay here if we travel out of BWI again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Awesome feedback - thank you very much for highlighting the associates for their hardwork and dedication. Even in bad weather, we will still deliver that you come to expect when you travel. You can always trust us to have a great stay.

Best Regards and Happy New Year -

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

As always the aLoft properties never let me down! This one was no different. The front desk staff were extremely nice and efficient. I'm a huge fan of the rooms as they offer just the right amount of space and modern feeling. You can't go wrong with the Bliss products. The bartender made some amazing drinks and was a great conversationalist. The complimentary shuttle delivered me to the front door of my dining choice and promptly picked me up minutes after calling when done at the restaurant. I am a fan for life! This hotel is just a quick trip to BWI.

• Stayed December 2012
Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback regarding your experience. We love you too!!! Come back and see soon, we would love to have you back.

Happy New Year -

Aloft BWI

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!