“Good... But Only if You Need to be Near BWI” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft.com Expedia.com
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good... But Only if You Need to be Near BWI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is your typical Aloft so you know exactly what you are getting with the layout and room amenities. Overall, I give the hotel a 5, but the location earns it a 1 in my opinion.

The hotel was clean. The staff was great. The workout facility was standard. The food at the bar was good even with the limited selection. They even let you order carryout and sit at the bar if you want. I thought that was a nice touch admiitting that their menu was limited. I settled for a pre-made salad that was suprisingly fresh. The bar also had a nice offering of hard to find craft beers.

I know so much about the bar and food because that was all that was nearby. Unless you need to be near BWI... and I mean really need to be near the airport, then stay somewhere else. The "hotel district" at BWI appears to be far from civilization and any restaurants worth eating at. That is unless you want to join Michael Scott over at Chili's. For any extended stay (longer than 1 night), find an Aloft in a different part of town. I spent two long nights at the Aloft twiddling my thumbs wishing I was in DC or a more hip part of Baltimore.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our Aloft BWI Airport hotel. There are many reasons why guests should stay with our hotel. Close proximity to BWI airport, complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius that will take you to many restaurants and movie theatre in the area. We take pride in delivering the great service that you have grown to expect. See you soon and have a happy and safe ney year.

Michael Harold
Aloft BWI

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a lot of troubles making my reservation as I called several times with a Groupon coupon and left my phone number as they asked for and nobody got back to me. I then called and spoke to a person who shall remain nameless who said i could not use it but they'd have someone get back to me in 72 hours. Nobody called after 76 hours so i called again. I reached Natalie who made everything good very quickly and also because of the issues I had with nobody calling me back made it good by taking away the upgrade charge for going from a King to two Queens so I was grateful for her understanding.

The rest of the staff was very nice anytime I saw them and despite little things like a super small pool and gym, it is a 3 star hotel and hotels are not resorts so while this was the 1st 3 star I stayed in we decided we wanted less amenities so we would not be so comfy staying in the hotel and we'd actually get up early and go out so in the future I think 3 star hotels are the way to go as they had comfy beds, although the sheets were stained...not cool even if it was coffee, which was the story I had in my head and was sticking to...

Overall for the price paid it was fine, good staff, decent location and if Natalie had not fixed my issues I would have given this experience 2 stars.

Last bad note and no fault of the hotel but everytime you travel anywhere not local you have to pay either $4 or $5.50 to jump on the highway in tolls which in 3 days adds up quickly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and constructiverecommendations! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Woodward, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our family stayed at the Aloft 2 nights; one night before we flew out and a second night upon our (very late) return. Checking in and out was very easy, and for the most part the staff were helpful (the night desk clerk left something to be desired, but maybe she was a new hire?) When we found the car battery dead, one of the managers(?) not only checked his hotel but walked across to the Hilton to see if they had jumper cables. The rooms are nicely appointed, the beds comfy. Will definitely stay at the Aloft again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Newton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my second stay and didnt disappoint. In and out on a quick one night stay. Clean, comfortable room, with decent breakfast offerings. Cooked to order eggs/omelettes worked well for me. I like this concept and the design and decor is more interesting than plain vanilla Courtyards or Hamptons. WiFi coverage was so-so. Service was very good.

Room Tip: Join SPG if you are not already and the hotel will give you a credit towards breakfast/snacks/bar.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Excellent stay with extremely helpful staff. I travel a lot and its nice to stay somewhere that looks different. The Aloft has a nice modern feel and keeps the Hilton values you expect. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the hotel one night celebrating my Godson's 21st birthday. The Front Desk staff members are some of the most accomodating, friendly, customer service oriented individuals I have encountered in a hotel in a long time.
Special "shout out" to Kierrah (sorry if I spelled her name incorrectly). Dealing with her was refreshing and she made our stay a treat !
The other staff members were just as nice but Keirrah tried her best to ensure that everyone in our party was happy all the time !

Additional kudoos needs to go out to the bartender :-) He stayed on shift an hour longer to accomodate the small crowd at the bar. We were extra happy ! After having dinner at the Inner Harbor (which is less than minutes away) we came back to the hotel where we cracked jokes and got our drink on !

All in all a really good experience all around ! No to mention free parking, an excellent price point and beautiful room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive comments. Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team and Kierra.

Des Moines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a regular at this hotel. Excellent location, The hotel shuttles are fast and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to get to the hotel.

I stayed at the hotel this week. Arrived late on Sunday night. The night manager had the key ready for me as I walked into the hotel. After a long day of flying this made a difference.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Vanessa Stanley

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!