“Great staff, Great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
GreenLeadersGold level
Des Moines
“Great staff, Great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a regular at this hotel. Excellent location, The hotel shuttles are fast and it only takes 3 to 5 minutes to get to the hotel.

I stayed at the hotel this week. Arrived late on Sunday night. The night manager had the key ready for me as I walked into the hotel. After a long day of flying this made a difference.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Washington, D.C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We just wanted a hotel to sleep before taking a plane next day and we found it very comfortable, clean and we are invited to go back and spend more time there. Staff and kind and nice. The pillows and the bath soap were the best!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Thank u to Shafeqah, Mallory and especially the manager Pierre. Pierre was exceptional ! I highly recommend this hotel . The Service was outstanding .
When we arrived Pierre welcomed us and although they had no double beds showing available Pierre went out of his way to Make it happen. He then Took my husband down the street to purchase wine and said it was all at his pleasure.
The rooms are spacious , clean and the decor is sassy retro ... (; breakfast was awesome and the overall experience was there was extremely pleasant . We will Definetely return to here if ever in the Baltimore area.

• Stayed October 2012

Wiesbaden, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great front-desk staff but this place needs some work. We stayed here twice. We arrived in Baltimore and needed a hotel near the airport to catch a flight the next day so the first stay was very short. The front-desk attendant, Pierre, was very welcoming and helpful and our room was fine. It was small but we were only there for the night and didn't need much. When we departed the staff allowed us to store a piece of luggage until we returned a week later to finish out our trip. I chose this hotel because I needed to be in that area for some appointments and the location was perfect for my needs. When we returned the staff were once again, helpful and our luggage had remained untouched in storage. Our room, however, was a different story. We arrived at the room to find there was no door on the bathroom. That's fine if you are in the room alone but I wasn't about to share a room with anyone for 4 nights with no bathroom door. So, we asked to be moved and the staff quickly gave us another room. It had been a very long day for us and I left my purse in the first room. The hotel staff returned it untouched and asked me to verify the contents. I was grateful that the staff were so honest considering, our camera, phones, wallet and jewelry were in the purse! The new room had a bathroom door but it would not close. It was a sliding door that kept sliding back open unless we jammed something in the track to keep it closed. This would not have been a problem if we hadn't already had to move just to have a door in the first place. The sliding, barely-covers-the-entrance, modern door may look nice to some but it is not practical at all. The door never fully closed in this room. They did give us a bar voucher for our troubles, which was nice. Wine makes up for a lot of things but still a bathroom door is key. The other issue was house keeping. On our last full day, our room wasn't serviced. We really just wanted fresh towels so we asked the housekeeping staff when we saw them in the hallway with a cart full of towel around 3pm but when we returned at 2 am with still no service, we called to the front desk and the woman told us we could have fresh towels but we would have to come down to the desk to get them. Not cool at any time of day. While the problems with the hotel were minor, it was inconvenient and I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if the bathroom has a door if you're not staying alone.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We will look into some of the above mentioned issues to ensure that they are fixed. Please come back soon and see us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Check in process was simple, Pierre at the front desk was extremely courteous and recommended us to G&M for their famous crab cakes, which lived up to the hype. Aloft is extremely clean and all staff we encountered were professional and friendly. The bar downstairs has a trendy lounge which was a nice place to enjoy a drink. The hotel is extremely convenient to BWI airport and in a safe part of town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel really was full of kind people. I arrived and was tired because my flight was delayed. I called for a shuttle. The shuttle driver passed me by twice! I called the front desk, several times through the experience, and finally, instead of just hanging up on my upset self, she said just get a cab and I will pay for it.

She did.

Then, the bartender made me the best cosmo I have ever had and even though it was almost midnight, service was with a smile.

I brought my two friends back several nights later and the on duty manager was just as kind and generous. They all remembered me and I felt welcome.

Alofts are a solid quality reasonably priced hotel. You can really rest assured you are getting a quality room, modern and nice, for a good price. BUT when you get excellent service to boot, well, I will just go back because I know I will not have to worry about my overall experience.

Thanks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Aloft on several occasions visiting DC and Baltimore. The hotel staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. The decor is modern and very calming after a long ride. Highly recommended for value, location and amenities.

• Stayed October 2012
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

Vanessa Stanley

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!