Save Saved
You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Check in process was simple, Pierre at the front desk was extremely courteous and recommended us to G&M for their famous crab cakes, which lived up to the hype. Aloft is extremely clean and all staff we encountered were professional and friendly. The bar downstairs has a trendy lounge which was a nice place to enjoy a drink. The hotel is extremely convenient to BWI airport and in a safe part of town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel really was full of kind people. I arrived and was tired because my flight was delayed. I called for a shuttle. The shuttle driver passed me by twice! I called the front desk, several times through the experience, and finally, instead of just hanging up on my upset self, she said just get a cab and I will pay for it.

She did.

Then, the bartender made me the best cosmo I have ever had and even though it was almost midnight, service was with a smile.

I brought my two friends back several nights later and the on duty manager was just as kind and generous. They all remembered me and I felt welcome.

Alofts are a solid quality reasonably priced hotel. You can really rest assured you are getting a quality room, modern and nice, for a good price. BUT when you get excellent service to boot, well, I will just go back because I know I will not have to worry about my overall experience.

Thanks.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Aloft on several occasions visiting DC and Baltimore. The hotel staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. The decor is modern and very calming after a long ride. Highly recommended for value, location and amenities.

• Stayed October 2012
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had just stayed at another Aloft 2 weeks before with no trouble, but this experience was not quite as good. The staff was friendly, and the decor was basically the same as the other. The room, however, was a little more worn down (carpets and walls), and the hallway by the elevator needed vacuuming the whole time we were there (yes, it was that noticeable). Our biggest issue was that housekeeping took the towels that we had not left on the floor and then did not replace them. When we arrived in the evening, we called the front desk. After almost an hour, we finally went down to the front desk to pick them up ourselves. They also didn't leave any creamer for the coffee, so we had to get that too. What we did like? Free parking, fridge and safe in room, digital thermostat, the ability to plug mobile devices and laptops into the flat screen tv (they say that they will lend you a cable, but we didn't use that service), non-creepy and mellow hotel bar in the lobby, convenient access to the highway. There were also other little touches, like good soap, a few interesting magazines in the room, and something I really, really appreciated....lots of electrical outlets for charging devices, including easily accessible plugs on both bedsides.

By the way, there's also a pool if you bring kids, but I don't really think of this as a kid type hotel.

The hotel is not right next to the airport (though you can hear the planes), but it's convenient to it as well as to downtown Baltimore (maybe an 18 minute drive). There's a free airport shuttle also. The only other tip I can think of to give you is that the hotel is part of a complex containing a Marriott, Hilton, and Aloft. We accidentally walked into the Hilton when we arrived, because the signage was unclear. Just go all the way to the end of the street to find Aloft. The advantage of this set up is that the Hilton has a restaurant (if you need it), while Aloft does not, and it's an easy walk across the parking lot to get there.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from other occupied ones, since I had trouble with noise at the last Aloft...
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team on how we may improve as well.

Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. The rooms offer some unique features, like a little AV switch that allows you to plug your laptop's VGA cable in and display it on the TV in the room. The whole facility was clean and seemed well looked-after. There is a nice little snack area in the lobby which is expensive but convenient. I was surprised that the WiFi was not a free service. I used my phone for internet access, and I expect many others would do the same, rather than pay a fee for WiFi. I liked the decor and the design of the lobby. The staff was attentive and it seemed like a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members. WiFi is free in the entire hotel so I am not sure what you are referring to here...perhaps another hotel other than Aloft BWI. Please come back and stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A comfortable stay, very consistent with what you might expect from an Aloft hotel. If you enjoy a more comfortable and modern atmosphere, you won't be disappointed. The service in the hotel restaurant/bar was exceptional. Very friendly, attentive, fun and entertaining. Made the stay very enjoyable!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

When returning from a deployment we choose to use Aloft as our night stay in Baltimore before going home. Awesome free shuttle from BWI that runs regularly, even in the middle of the night. Great staff, very accommodating! Pierre provided everything I needed. Could not be happier!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Vanessa Stanley

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!