I had just stayed at another Aloft 2 weeks before with no trouble, but this experience was not quite as good. The staff was friendly, and the decor was basically the same as the other. The room, however, was a little more worn down (carpets and walls), and the hallway by the elevator needed vacuuming the whole time we were there (yes, it was that noticeable). Our biggest issue was that housekeeping took the towels that we had not left on the floor and then did not replace them. When we arrived in the evening, we called the front desk. After almost an hour, we finally went down to the front desk to pick them up ourselves. They also didn't leave any creamer for the coffee, so we had to get that too. What we did like? Free parking, fridge and safe in room, digital thermostat, the ability to plug mobile devices and laptops into the flat screen tv (they say that they will lend you a cable, but we didn't use that service), non-creepy and mellow hotel bar in the lobby, convenient access to the highway. There were also other little touches, like good soap, a few interesting magazines in the room, and something I really, really appreciated....lots of electrical outlets for charging devices, including easily accessible plugs on both bedsides.
By the way, there's also a pool if you bring kids, but I don't really think of this as a kid type hotel.
The hotel is not right next to the airport (though you can hear the planes), but it's convenient to it as well as to downtown Baltimore (maybe an 18 minute drive). There's a free airport shuttle also. The only other tip I can think of to give you is that the hotel is part of a complex containing a Marriott, Hilton, and Aloft. We accidentally walked into the Hilton when we arrived, because the signage was unclear. Just go all the way to the end of the street to find Aloft. The advantage of this set up is that the Hilton has a restaurant (if you need it), while Aloft does not, and it's an easy walk across the parking lot to get there.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft - Baltimore Washington International Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Aloft - Baltimore Washington International Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Baltimore-Washington International Airport Hotel offers something bold and new to the culture-conscious traveler alienated by cookie-cutter, one size fits all experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Aloft - Baltimore Washington International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.