“Hard working people at Aloft Baltimore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Hard working people at Aloft Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pierre obviously enjoys his position as tourguide/shuttle driver/assistant manager. The way he handled my reservation was fantastic. Mallory worked hard to make my stay a pleasure.
Loved the Hawaiian theme, the elevator floor and the bright backlit bar!
Pierre should be promoted to Manager!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Vanessa Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Clinton, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This concept felt like student apartments in Europe...very modern & trendy. It was ok but not sure if I would choose it again when there are Hilton & Westin for less money next door. But they did have Bliss toiletries...I love that!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our flight was canceled, so we booked a night here on a $89 AAA rate. The room is modern and comfortable, like a cross between a Hilton Garden Inn and a Kimpton. The lobby area reminds me of an ultra-modern European airport lounge. There's free coffee and other food and espresso for an additional fee. There's also a bar, which we didn't try.

There's a bank of computers where you're supposed to be able to print out boarding passes, but incredibly it supports airlines with no presence at BWI (EasyJet?! RyanAir?!) it does not support Southwest, which makes BWI its hub.

The staff at check-in was very professional, courteous, and helpful. At early morning check-out, however (5:30 am), the one clerk was completely disorganized still trying to get some nighttime audit work accomplished. She was still in possession of everyone's bills, the coffee was out (she let us use the for-fee espresso machine for free), and the shuttle bus situation was ridiculous.

That morning, there was a large military group with tons of gear waiting for the shuttle bus. I wasn't going to take a seat away from a soldier when I'm perfectly capable of paying for a cab ride over to the terminal. So, after two shuttle buses came and were barely able (inexplicably) to accommodate any passengers, I asked the flustered desk clerk to call me a cab. She reacted at first as if I had asked her to decipher some complicated code. Eventually, a cab showed up after about 15 minutes and took us to the terminal. In retrospect, I would have simply arranged for this the night before.

tl;dr: Nice property, very trendy, comfortable room, don't rely on the shuttle bus if you're genuinely pressed for time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft BWI. I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations for several aspects of your stay and apologize sincerely for the issues that you encountered.
Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived at the aloft at 12 in the night with our nine year old sleeping son. We had had a long day already. There was a big tv in the room which had a bright glow. It would not go off with the remote or even when we pressed the buttons on the tv. The glow was so much that we could see it even through various towels we put on the tv. When we called front desk, she wanted us to change our room at 12 in the night! with our son who was already tucked in bed and our bags unpacked. The hotel could not send anybody up for repair and we had to go down ourselves to fetch some bed sheets to cover the tv - white ones of course through which the Tv still glowed.

We were due to wake up at 6.45 in the morning, but guess what - the alarm clock in the room had broken down and was stuck on 9.15.

We have had a great stay in the past at the aloft - another one - and we were really disappointed with this one. This is a hotel going to the dogs!

• Stayed September 2012
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012

Manhattan, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The idea for this hotel is really unique and piqued our interest. As others have written, it's a lively environment and a fun atmosphere. However, it all seemed to be a facade. All of the materials are very poor quality (i.e. wallpaper already chipped/peeling in areas), towels abrasive and with stains. The bedding was nice at first glance, but again we found stains on the comforter. The carpet was chalk full of stains (in BOTH of the rooms we experienced). Despite this, the place seemed clean enough - that is, until the ANTS came out. We brought our little 5lb chihuahua and I was afraid the SWARM of ants in the carpet were going to whisk him away! We keep his dry food in an airtight container and put out a little bit in his bowel when he is ready to eat. The staff gave us a doggie welcome bag with food (which was very nice). We put a little bit of this food out and then I went to take a shower. When I came out of the shower, the carpet looked like it was moving. I looked closer, and couldn't believe my eyes- swarms and swarms of ants were crawling around the food. I would give this place 1 star, but they get a second star because the staff was great. I called the front desk and they immediately moved us to another room on the first floor. In the second room, we were very careful about only putting out a few morsels of our puppy's food (because if there were ants in this second room, we didn't even want to know about it). Well, within a few minutes, ants were crawling all over our poor puppy's bowl. We ended up hand feeding him and trying to spend as little time in the room as possible. We almost always stay at pet-friendly hotels and this was the first time we have ever experienced a bug problem.
To summarize- cool concept and really great/friendly staff, but very poor quality and major ant problem. I will not be staying here again nor recommending it. The staff was so friendly that I almost feel bad about writing this review, but fellow travelers should be warned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes.
We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Spent one night here in September and was my first BWI Aloft Experience. The hotel is very fun and lively as has been stated by other guests and I love the open air, energetic vibe in the lobby and surrounding area. I used the hotel shuttle from BWI and the driver was prompt and very courteous. Marie at check in was very pleasant and i enjoyed my brief casual conversation with her. When i first entered my room on the 5th floor, I did notice a weird smell (kind of musty, but more like wet dog) but didn't think much of it, just assuming perhaps it was the AC filter. While getting settled into my room, i removed my shoes and went to close the blinds, when i walked around on what was very wet carpet. I am not sure if perhaps it was wet from being cleaned due to a prior pet guest or if the AC unit was leaking. Either way, you would hope that a room attendant or maintenance person would have taken the room out of service until carpet was confirmed dry if it was a known issue (but perhaps it wasn't). I called the front desk and Marie apologized and promptly offered to move me to a new room, even sending up a person with my new room keys who also moved my luggage even though they didn't need to. No wet dog smell in this room and the location was actually quieter from an outside perspective so no complaints there - Kudos again to Marie who also called me shortly thereafter to make sure the new room was OK. While getting re-settled in, I decided to take a quick shower and while showering noticed large hairs on two of the three shower walls at about normal head height. While I don't gross out easily, it calls into question the attention to cleanliness detail others have mentioned with the housekeeping staff here. I then noticed what appeared to be lotion of some sort on both the sink and sinktop. The tiled floors themselves did not appear all that clean after i decided to wipe them with tissue just to see what would come up. I then noticed that this particular room was missing the privacy door to the toilet/shower area (which was not an issue for me as a solo traveler) and also was missing iron, ironing board (which of course i would need in the morning) and the full complement of towels. The Bench that was under my TV in the previous room was also missing from this room. While none of these things are enough to recommend not staying here, there are other choices in the same block that may offer a more consistent experience if that is important to you. I would stay here again because I like Starwood properties and love the vibe of the brand, but I do think the property management needs some better housekeeping over site perhaps. Especially with so many options next door.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not assigned for Pet Stays

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love the aloft brand due to the fact they tend to be fairly priced and accept pets without any fee. Of all the hotels I've been to with my dog this is the first time I've been put in a special section of the hotel for pet rooms I suppose, room was rather funky smelling with many stains on the carpet & for some reason everything was unplugged. A quick spray down by house keeping, sweet girl and the room was fresh. Had 1 other issue with my stay; another guests dog wouldn't stop barking, brought it to the attention of management & when I returned an hour later no noise for the rest of my stay. WiFi is free, bar has a decent menu, plenty of healthy options for sale in the breakfast area and hotel next-door has a great restaurant. As a single female traveler I feel safe and comfortable at this hotel & safe walking my dog at night as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
#4 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 260 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 328 reviews
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
The Westin Baltimore Washington ...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 484 reviews
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airpor...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 251 reviews

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!