“Fun atmosphere with great places to hang out- pool, bar, outdoor lounge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Fun atmosphere with great places to hang out- pool, bar, outdoor lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and decided to try something different and modern. The staff was super friendly, the room had amenities, (refrigerator, soap, magazines, coffee, a safe, hairdryer) the bed was super comfortable, and the bar area was great fun. Our room did have two things that needed to be replaced or improved- a spot on the carpet and the couch fabric had a tear. We were not there long but there is an indoor pool, a pool table and an outdoor lounge area. If you need the shuttle to pick you up because you use the "park and fly" benefit be sure to call the minute you deplane. We waited quite awhile to get picked up at the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Vanessa Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Having stayed in this one and the one just down the road near the Arundel Mills Mall, I really like the Aloft chain. I want to love it, but I just like it. For the most part, I like the room and hotel layout, and again, for the most part, the maintenance is kept up pretty well. Oh sure, the room I'm in right now has a dent in the shower that broke clear through the tile, and I can see where rust has run down from the bar on the wall. I don't mind that sort of thing as long as the bed is clean and comfortable. This building is right under the path the planes take climbing out of BWI. If that will affect your ability to sleep, I suggest you go to the other Aloft down the road.

Are you listening, hotels? Here's my major gripe,and it's one I have with just about every hotel I stay in: The desk chairs are at least a foot too low! I challenge anyone to work on a laptop for a short time and not feel the edge of the desk cutting into your wrists. Didn't anyone consider ergonomics when they bought the chairs? Right now, I'm sitting on a pillow and BOTH bath towels, and I'm still not high enough. and yes, I have it all the way up. Sheesh! Get it right!

Other things this hotel misses, again, like most are simple things: Why put one washcloth next to the sink, but no hand towels? Why are all the cups somewhere other than on the sink? Doesn't anyone else rinse their mouths out after brushing? Also, I know how much money compact fluorescent bulbs can save, but the shower area is too dark. The light fixture isn't even over the shower, and reducing the light output makes it worse.

I stay here because I like it, and because the Starwood chain has the best rewards program out there, hands down. I want to love Aloft. Work with me?

Room Tip: They're all pretty much the same. No good or bad, although if jet noise bothers you, ask for a r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I have to say that I am super excited about the thought you put into this review and it absolutely makes so much sense. Even being in the business for as long as I have been, I often wonder so many of the same things and how brands come up with some of the ideas. I can say that your feedback has really inspired me to just make some of these simple changes that you have suggested. I wish i could change the chairs but I cant, however I will share your thoughts with Starwood. Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very pleasant staff at the front desk, clean and quiet rooms with modern, uncluttered decor are also a plus. Big television mounted on the wall makes for easy viewing while lying in bed. Love the Bliss bathroom products too. Have only stayed single nights but am sure it would do nicely for longer trips.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have less light coming through the windows at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

All staff were very friendly and the accomodations were excellent! I especially enjoyed the modern atmosphere. The bartender on staff was a great hostess and added a bunch of laughs to my enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

Tosa, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I travel for business, and this year I have been trying to stay at an Aloft hotel, whenever I have the opportunity. The Aloft BWI didn't disappoint! Great service, love the ambiance and the way the rooms are laid out. Checked in and greeted in a very friendly, genuine manner by Pierre, the Hotel manager. I would recommend this hotel to friends, business associates, and family. Good vibe, excellent service, and friendly atmosphere (not to mention the super comfy beds!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Took the family to Baltimore for the weekend to enjoy the inner harbor I normally stay at the Marriott but I wanted something different this time and oh boy did we have a great time at this hotel the staff was very pleasant they made sure my family and other guest were taking care of they always were smiling that was the best part I enjoy staying where the workers like what they do and make you comfortable it was like home away from home..... I will go back to Baltimore before the year ends and trust me I be at the Aloft anytime I need a hotel the Manger Pierre is always checking to make sure you are happy with your stay never saw a hotel with the Manager around walking the floor so much normally they hide in a room so if you want a Clean room great service friendly staff stay at the Aloft tell them Mr Martin sent you... Thanks for making my wife and kids smile see you soon Aloft...:-)

• Stayed August 2012
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was happy with the staff and supervisor pierre,he gave me the best service at a resort I would like to thank pierre and his staff for taking good care of us and I would like to thank pierre for taking care of us himselfthank u he made our stay a beautiful stay thank pierre from the butlers from ct

• Stayed August 2012

Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
#4 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 260 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 330 reviews
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
The Westin Baltimore Washington ...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 487 reviews
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore BWI Airpor...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 255 reviews

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!