“It's an Aloft, shuttle service could use some work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Ontario
“It's an Aloft, shuttle service could use some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Aloft hotels have a little bit of a "different" look and feel to them. This is my second Aloft stay and this one was just fine. I had a quick overnighter. I called the hotel looking for the airport shuttle and was told it was on its way. What I wasn't told was that it would be a Hilton Shuttle (hotel across the road) coming to get me because of the time of night. The Hilton shuttle came, but not knowing it was for me, and the shuttle driver didn't say anything to the people waiting, it came and went. More waiting, and then another person waiting for Aloft called and we found out it about the Hilton shuttle thing so next time it came back - we hopped on. Probably added half hour to our wait.

The room was nice and clean, typical Aloft. Had a good night's sleep. In the morning I was looking for the shuttle to take me to the BWI Amtrak train station. I guess I had just missed it so was waiting for the next one. But then I saw a shuttle pull up near the hotel, but not actually out front (like he was looking for passengers). One man had just got in and I approached it, the driver gave me a look like "What do you want?". I told him I was hoping to get a ride to the train station, he looked at his watch, and reluctantly invited me to get on the shuttle. Certainly was not very friendly at all.

Overall a solid hotel for a stopover, but could use some work in the area of customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Aloft BWI. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit
I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Vanessa Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

What a beautiful Hotel. First time there and I would definitely go back. Rooms are clean and modern. Nice bar in the lobby and nice swimming pool. Beds are comfortable. The only drawback are the pillows. We had a King size bed and only 2 very small pillows, put side by side they only took up half the bed. Definitely needed more pillows. Luckily I always bring one from home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great space in the rooms, funky atmosphere. It is a good hotel - I recommend you call the hotel right after you arrive to get the shuttle over. It's still worth staying there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Bethany Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our first time at Aloft and we thought it was a great property. Very convenient to the airport and very mod fun decor. All was good except the shuttle back from the airport. We waited over an hour on a Saturday afternoon for the shuttle to return us to our car.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us. I will follow up on the issue with the shuttle over the weekend and I do apologize for your wait.

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed @ hotel prior to traveling for vacation. I heard a lot bout the staff not being attentive gotta tell you I had no issues with this. Staff at desk and hotel were very attentive and friendly. Just enough to relax me prior to vacation.

• Stayed April 2012

Budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is the third time that I've stayed at an Aloft in the past 12 months. I believe all Alofts are built from the ground up, not in existing buildings. This allows them to make a very consistent experience for guests. My room was exactly the same as in Chicago and Phoenix. The reception and lobby areas are also very similar. I experienced the same excellent service that I had in the other two Alofts. The staff was very friendly.

I have only 2 minot complaints. The first is that the Shuttle pick up procedure from the airport should be better communicated. Although there is 24-hour service, it only works when you call. This is not a big deal but Aloft should advise guests of this so that they don't stand around waiting for the shuttle.

The second complaint has to do with the room temperature. When I arrived the air conditioner was set at 64F. It was extremely cold in the room. Outside it was 50F. I switched the thermostat back to heat and a more comfortable temp. The next morning after the room was serviced the air was turned back down again and felt like an ice box. Again the outside temp was in the 50s. Not sure what the policy is. For a hotel that does the whole Earth-friendly thing with towels and sheets, it not very environmentally (or business!!!) conscious about energy conservation!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members. I have made notes on the areas to work on as well.

Potomac Falls, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I purchased a Groupon discount for a one night stay at the Aloft hotel in Baltimore. I followed the instructions provided on the detail and looked forward to my visit. Upon my arrival at the hotel they indicated that they were unable to honor the reservation using the Groupon but indicated they had rooms available at the rack rate. They indicated I could pay the one night charge or not stay at the hotel and if I stayed I could make another reservation for the Groupon offer at a later date. Obviously I was not willing to do that and moved to another hotel paying a more reasonable nights charge.

I was also disappointed with the location of that hotel which was difficult to find at the end of a long side street. Unfortunately the front desk receptionist was not interested in helping me and on duty manager indicated there was nothing he could do and the problem was with "corporate".

The bar area in the lobby did look fun and there is a pool table that adds to the fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!