“Beautiful and Modern rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Beautiful and Modern rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I recommend Aloft hotel. Beautiful and modern hotel. Loved our clean,, modern and spacious room. Beds great....We enjoyed our stay here. close to airport. Staff friendly and accomodating. Ample free parking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
vstanley, General Manager at Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. your positive feedback is a gift and we appreciate it very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

I really enjoyed a fresh look at what a room can be. I travel a bit and rooms tend to be so generic as to rapidly blend together the Aloft properties put a new look to things but remain very comfortable and functional.

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all of your feedback and welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Staying for a business trip and when our party arrived we were not impressed at all with the service. The girl working the desk was on the phone and gave us no attention. The inside is supposed to be some funky loft type club thing that isn't working. The materials and decorations were cheap. Apparently this is a new hotel but looked like it had been around. When I got to my room it felt like a doorm and was not clean. The airconditioner was loud. I checked out the next morning and went to the familiar Hilton next door. Also two of the people I am traveling with checked out and went to the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Overall the hotel was nice and updated. If it were my wife and I, I would have rated this hotel some what higher. Since this hotel looks like it is more for adults or families with over kids (mine are 4 & 6), I would not come back until they can take showers by themselves. Word of warning this hotel does not have a bathtub. Also when we arrived there were using the lobby as a get together and were playing very loud dance music. I personally like dance music, but my kids were holding there hand to their ears and complaining about how loud it was. So what can I say. We arrived around 10:30pm it was over by 11pm and we were on the 5th floor so we did not hear it from there so my kids stopped complaining once we got in the elevator. Again if it were just me and my wife it very good, with kids its a no.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review on the hotel. I do appreciate your opinion on who we cater to in the hotel. I am glad you enjoy the hotel and the atmosphere and i do hope you and your wife will return.
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Cliff's notes: go to aloft if you are tired of all the kitsch of typical hotels and need a decent bed. In the BWI area, try a different hotel, especially if you are on business.

The good:
If you are sick of fake gold, worn out marble, nasty looking brown carpets and sore looks of typical hotels, go to aloft. It's all about the looks and the atmosphere. Instead of all the kitsch you get a modern design, nice atmosphere and loft-style room plans. Concrete, metal, glass and bright colors everywhere, from the lobby to your shower stall (yes, a stall, who uses bathtubs in hotels anyway?).

This particular aloft is located between the BWI airport and the BW parkway, so it's convenient both to the airport, to downtown Baltimore (20 mins at 7:30am) and to DC (30 miles or so).

I certainly liked the look and feel of the room and all the amenities are very convenient. You get huge mirrors and a nice shower.

You do get a mini fridge (empty) in the room, which I find very convenient because I like to have my particular brand of yogurt and juice.

The rooms feature very good beds, just like a lot of other Starwood properties: just firm enough and good support, which equals a good night's sleep. The comforter was a little too thick and warm to my liking, but you can always make the air warmer and sleep without it, under a flat sheet.

You get a safe in the room that is large enough to fit several laptops and whatever else you may have -- very nice.

There is a nice little food store downstairs by the reception area with basic necessities, like cold sandwiches, yogurts, soft drinks and such. The selection is better than that of a typical hotel, but don't get coffee there.

Free and ample parking.

The bad:
The carpets in the two rooms I stayed in both needed cleaning. In one, there was a pretty big spot apparently from juice or something similar. In the other room, it was just soiled. The first room could use some vacuuming as well.

The walls in the rooms and in the halls are all dinged and scratched and the plaque in front of the hotel says July 2009, so it's not even 2 years old yet. For a place that tries to differentiate itself based on the looks, you would think they would make sure the look is immaculate at all times. Not so much. The same about broken light fixtures in the outside sitting area.

The staff are indifferent at least and generally don't care about anything. If you don't need anything and don't have any questions, you're going to be fine. If you do, you are out of luck and should try elsewhere.

The ugly:
The $2.50 espresso that comes out of the machine downstairs is probably the worst I have ever tasted. It even had the stale smell, although I saw the machine make it right in front of me. I love coffee and drink it all the time. This time, though, I threw it away, that's how bad it was.

There is no cell phone coverage inside of the hotel. At least no T-Mobile coverage. Not in the rooms, not outside in the sitting area, it's only available in front of the hotel by the main entrance. Perhaps it has something to do with concrete walls, but It doesn't make things easier. When asked to be moved because I needed to conduct a business meeting, I was stonewalled by the staff citing lame excuses.

Wireless is free, but it doesn't work. No, there was nothing wrong with either of my two laptops or the android phone. So, when I needed internet, I had to go outside, tether the phone and get internet that way.

Meh.

Room Tip: The best room is at other hotels.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Great Place to stay when flying early from BWI. Only problem, finding it. It is not on West Nursery, it is on a side street by the Marriott. I passed it 3 times because a large white truck was obstructing the signs. The same truck was still there when I returned. The shuttle service was timely, and my car was safe. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Good Value - Great Place for Stay n Fly
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Great value, great experience, close to BWI. Definitely a great experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!