“Don't pay more to stay in the city!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport

You added Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport to your Saves list
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1741 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, TX
“Don't pay more to stay in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Oh Baltimore! I never really had an urge to go there, and after speaking with many people who lived there, I'm even less inclined to return. However, we were flying out of BWI after a trip to Washington DC, and decided we'd rather spend our last night in Baltimore near the airport to save ourselves time and money traveling from DC to catch our flight!

First off, this hotel provides FREE shuttle service to/from any of the nearby rail stations and the airport. Not only did we get a great rate for a double room (less than $90), but our total cost for transportation was $3.50 per person after buying a day pass for the MTA (good for both light rail and buses). The hotel shuttle runs 24 hours a day, and they will come get you in a very timely manner (our longest wait was MAYBE 10 minutes).

The rooms themselves are nicely laid out, large, and very trendy. We stayed in a double, which was plenty of room for 3 people. The bathroom & shower area are located to the side when you first enter, with the bedroom located behind the wall of the bath area - very unique layout, but also provides for a larger bathroom area, without sacrificing on space in the bedroom area.

Our room was very clean, with no signs of wear. The bed was a little firmer than I like, but I did get a good night's sleep, so I really have nothing to complain about. Also, the bliss brand bath products in the bathroom were a nice touch!

There really isn't a whole lot to do in Baltimore, so we ended our night playing a card game in the bar. Jason, the bar tender was great, and took very good care of us. Also, the bar had plenty of nice, comfy seating, and was family friendly for those traveling with kids.

Located off the lobby are a couple of computers with free internet. Also, each guest room has free WiFi too (which seems to be a rarity!).

The lobby also had a snack area which sold food - I didn't buy anything, but their prices were really reasonable, and they had all sorts of goodies (sandwiches, cereal, baked goods, fruit, sushi, salads, soup).

This hotel was MUCH cheaper than other properties located on or near the Inner Harbor. Sure, you don't get the same view, but you do get a GREAT room, at a GREAT price, with VERY easy (and cheap!) access to downtown Baltimore. If I ever do find myself in Baltimore again, I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Laurel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

My flight from Dallas to BWI was cancelled due to issues with the airline and I could find no one to help me cancel my reservations so I was stuck with a bill that I had no control over. I am paying for a stay that I never even had the chance to have. Horrible service. I called for 4 hours that evening and kept getting the run around. I even went as far as sending the manager of the hotel an email and the response was "I needed to contact the hotel directly." Never again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011 via mobile

When I arrived, I was greater by jerrod. I told him I initially requested a high floor. He said I Gotcha. Upon entering the room, ur eyes immediately wonder to the huge glass shower. The huge Tv. Then I noticed zero connection for my ipod. I called jerrod to issue a complaint but to my dismay he came to my room with cords hooked up the device told me hoe to use it and left. The room smelled great and re: fresh cleaned my room and brought me towels per my request, even cleaned my room at 7 pm when I left w my boyfriend. I would definitely come again. Oh down side the pool Omg your dog couldn't drown in this Lil look if it were a rat terrier in fact it couldn't drown in that Lil a$$ pool if it was a rat....yuck

• Stayed April 2011
Ruther Glen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

What a wonderful surprise at a great price! The room was so comfortable and well designed, heads above the standard hotel. I think it sets a new standard. There are many thoughtful, quality touches. I regret we only had one night to enjoy the place. Location is good. The food offerings are limited so you will most likely want to eat elsewhere or bring something, which is ok. There are places to eat a few minutes away. So many hotels try to be restaurants too and only do a far job of it. There is a bar and plenty of lounge area. We will be looking for Alofts now on our travels.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thomasville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

This is a very comfortable hotel. The customer service is outstanding. I recommend this hotel for anyone who needs a good nights sleep before an early flight. I use this hotel frequently for the Park and go. I am able to park my car in the lot, be shuttled to the airport and picked up on returning from my trip. The shuttle leaves on time and their service is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Occoquan, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Upon checking in we were able to get to our room right away. I was traveling with an 11 year old, 5 year old, almost 2 year old and almost 1 year old. (It was only for one night.) We got a 2 queen suite which had the perfect amount of room for us. Some downsides to the rooms were the lack of closet space. It was pretty much a wall with a couple of shelves. Only other downside, there are only 2 light switches for the entire room. Bathroom and Bedroom so there was no shower light/toilet light.

The XYZ bar was amazing, went down after check in to check out a game and was surprised by the friendliness of the bartender. There were a lot of people in the lounge but there weren't any crowded areas. The pool table in the lounge was easy to get to and walk around to play. The numerous tvs showed more than one game and made keeping up with brackets (I was clueless what that meant) easy to do.

Lastly the trip to and from BWI was AMAZING. Maybe 3 minutes tops and 10 minutes to Inner Harbor Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed here when I had missed my flight out of BWI, the last of the day. The style of the place is CB2, with a little IKEA thrown in. The open lobby concept is fine, until it is filled with 11-year-old girls shrieking and playing pool. Not what I was in the mood for. No restaurant - the chicken tenders at the bar were almost inedible - go to the Hilton across the street. The room is attractive in a stripped down way. But you get a sore neck if you watch TV from the bed because the TV is mounted so high, and the mattress was hard and uncomfortable. Nice shower. Helpful staff. Overall, give me back some of the amenities of a conventional hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport? Share your experiences!