“Good choice for short visits!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Atlanta, GA.
“Good choice for short visits!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service from the moment I arrived. Breakfast was fairly typical of a Fairfield but they have a good variety including fresh fruit, yogurt, and cereals which is what I prefer anyway for breakfast. Room is nice overall and everything was very well maintained. I had no problems with anything during my stay. The only thing I don't like about these rooms is the small desk and layout that puts the desk right at the heat/AC unit so the air blows on you as you work. As a business traveller this really is a bother for me as I usually work several hours a day at the room desk. If you work at the desk the air blows right on you. I wish more hotels would think of this and move the desk to a different location in the room. Oh yea and the wall heat/AC unit at this hotel was very quiet. This through the wall types are often noisy and hit/miss on if they work or not but this one was excellent LG brand unit.

Room Tip: I always prefer the top floor so I can't hear people walking above me.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Thank you for the great feedback you were able to provide about your stay with the Fairfield Inn family. I'm delighted to hear you found everything to be "well maintained." Our team strives everyday to provide the best customer service which includes friendly staff and clean rooms. Great pictures too!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I went to Lexington Park for the Labor Day weekend to see the Patuxent River Air Show featuring the Blue Angels. This hotel is directly across the street from one of the main gates into Pax River. Breakfast was offered but other than a muffin and a hot tea, we chose to go to IHOP for a real breakfast instead of the “continental” fare being offered. We had no problems with check in/out and our room was really nice. It was a decent size with a king bed (with a soft mattress), a big bathroom with a nice shower, a mini fridge and microwave. One of my favorite things was that it had a mirror outside of the bathroom so that I could get ready while my husband was showering and didn’t have to worry about the menopausal hot flashes taking over. I was able to stand in the path of the A/C to keep cool. The A/C unit was fairly quiet and kept the room a cool even temperature. Our room faced the main road but we didn’t hear much traffic noise nor did we hear noise in the halls. I was told the hotel was completely booked because of the air show, but we didn’t have problems with parking or over crowding in the hotel. The indoor pool was fantastic – it was about 90 degrees and felt wonderful. The hot tub was a nice size but the temperature was roughly about the same as the pool, if not a bit cooler, so it wasn’t quite as relaxing. That’s ok with me though because I like the pool better anyway. The only problem we had in this area was they ran out of towels the one day but my husband went to the front desk and they gave him a couple for us and said they would replenish the stock at the pool. The “business center” only had one computer, but at least the internet access was fast. There are many restaurants/shopping locations in the area, but not many in walking distance. (Some of these are Target, Wal-Mart, Chik-Fil-A, Burger King, Texas Roadhouse, Kohl’s, BJ’s and many others.) Rate was decent and the rooms were clean at this fairly new hotel. I will definitely stay here again next time I’m in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our property! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our facility. We want every guest to experience nothing less than a welcoming and comfortable experience. Your feedback is vital in accomplishing these goals and your response encourages us to excel in our efforts to go above and beyond for each and every guest! We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Very clean hotel! Nice rooms, nice staff made you feel welcome. Comfortable beds and rooms (we had 2 adults and 2 teens). Very modern lobby with large flat screen showing local weather, etc. Nice complimentary breakfast or just coffee in lobby, very handy when you have a busy day ahead. Did not have time for pool, but looked new fresh and clean. Close to the college (a few miles, that is, nothing is within walking distance to that school of course). Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax Station, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for my high school reunion, and found the room clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very professional. The hotel has a free breakfast, including make your own waffles, and the staff kept the items well stocked. Not really a view at this location, but perfect for what we needed. Other friends who stayed at the hotel took advantage of the pool and enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Bad stuff first, you can decide what's ugly (and sorry its long)...
Called in advance for early check in, told no problem, arrived at 1, had to wait 1 1/2 hrs for our rooms. While we decided what to do at our car, the desk clerk (manager?) came and stood in the door smoking (a petty complaint, I know). While still at our car one of the cleaning staff came out and was picked up by someone who proceeded to back some 200 yards down the parking lot at high speed. That brings up the fact that the traffic flow here is pretty bad. From Three Notch Rd you can only come into the parking lot, not exit, not even to turn right. To exit you go behind a row of other buildings, past another hotel under construction to a side road, to go out to a right turn only on Three Notch Rd. To go north you must first go south 2 blocks and u-turn. Also the hotel parking lot seems to be a popular path for folks walking from a nearby neighborhood to the convenience store next to the hotel. Later in the afternoon I took my two kids to the indoor pool, which was small but nice, nice exercise room adjacent. After a while a large group, with 6 smaller children, came in. Within 30 seconds of entering the pool one of the kids had thrown up on the side. When I saw, umm, "debris" also floating in the pool, I had my kids exit the far side. When I called the desk from my room to report this, they sent someone to check. Of course the group said no vomit was in the pool, so nothing was done. So we were done swimming for the weekend!

Ok, some good stuff.. The hotel seems pretty new, appears to be very clean both inside and out. The traffic flow can be figured out quickly (although the Hampton Inn a block away at least has right turns on Three Notch!). There is a nice (and free!) Naval Air Museum almost across the street. The rooms (and bathrooms) seemed very clean, internet worked, more tv channels than average hotel it seemed. Staff was reasonably nice, if not particularly accomodating. The breakfast fare was standard Fairfield, but plenty for my group. I'd consider staying here again, but probably not with the family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Clearwater, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Amazed this is a Marriott branded property. Waited 10 minutes at the front desk, no staff member came out. Wanted restaurant advice. Walked out the front door, a guy is bumming change to buy beer. Come back, same guy sitting under entryway drinking beer and smoking at front door? Where is staff? Inside on cell phone call with friends. Internet not working. Lobby dirty.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
eastern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn in June 2001. Overall, it was a clean hotel. The room was a little small, but comfortable with a nice TV. Internet was free, but wired only. There are restaurants close by, but probably not close enough to walk to. The Fairfield Inn had a free breakfast, but the breakfast area was a bit overwhelmed by the crowd there on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Lexington Park? Share your experiences!