Bad stuff first, you can decide what's ugly (and sorry its long)...
Called in advance for early check in, told no problem, arrived at 1, had to wait 1 1/2 hrs for our rooms. While we decided what to do at our car, the desk clerk (manager?) came and stood in the door smoking (a petty complaint, I know). While still at our car one of the cleaning staff came out and was picked up by someone who proceeded to back some 200 yards down the parking lot at high speed. That brings up the fact that the traffic flow here is pretty bad. From Three Notch Rd you can only come into the parking lot, not exit, not even to turn right. To exit you go behind a row of other buildings, past another hotel under construction to a side road, to go out to a right turn only on Three Notch Rd. To go north you must first go south 2 blocks and u-turn. Also the hotel parking lot seems to be a popular path for folks walking from a nearby neighborhood to the convenience store next to the hotel. Later in the afternoon I took my two kids to the indoor pool, which was small but nice, nice exercise room adjacent. After a while a large group, with 6 smaller children, came in. Within 30 seconds of entering the pool one of the kids had thrown up on the side. When I saw, umm, "debris" also floating in the pool, I had my kids exit the far side. When I called the desk from my room to report this, they sent someone to check. Of course the group said no vomit was in the pool, so nothing was done. So we were done swimming for the weekend!
Ok, some good stuff.. The hotel seems pretty new, appears to be very clean both inside and out. The traffic flow can be figured out quickly (although the Hampton Inn a block away at least has right turns on Three Notch!). There is a nice (and free!) Naval Air Museum almost across the street. The rooms (and bathrooms) seemed very clean, internet worked, more tv channels than average hotel it seemed. Staff was reasonably nice, if not particularly accomodating. The breakfast fare was standard Fairfield, but plenty for my group. I'd consider staying here again, but probably not with the family.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Hotel Lexington Park
- Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Hotel
- Fairfield Lexington Park
- Lexington Park Fairfield Inn
- Lexington Park Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the NEWLY RENOVATED Fairfield Inn by Marriott located in Lexington Park Maryland. Our beautifully renovated hotel is nestled in Historic St. Mary's County located across from the Patuxent Naval Air Station. It is in close proximity to many government contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We have spectacular waterfront restaurants, scrumptious seafood, historic sites, and many outdoor activities all near the hotel. Visit the 17th century at Historic St. Mary's City, Maryland's first capital or enjoy swimming, fishing and museums at Historic Point Lookout State Park. Visit our St. Mary's College's spectacular waterfront setting where you can sail or kayak across the scenic St. Mary's River. Take advantage of our world class sport fishing in one of our Chesapeake Bay charter boats or experience Maryland's famous oystering and crabbing. We look forward to your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Fairfield Inn Lexington Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.