Nice hotel - super friendly night staff (Christy was great!). Beds were decent except for the roll-away bed. My son said it was awful and refused to sleep on it (of our 3 kids, he usually picks the cot so he doesn't have to share a bed with his younger siblings). I thought, how bad can it be? I tried it - it was beyond awful!! It has springs within the mattress and you could feel every single one of them! We convinced our youngest (age 5) to sleep on it. Also, the lighting was really lacking in the rooms. Everything seemed really dark.
The breakfast was ok - a bit lacking and nothing to write home about. Nice view of the pool from the breakfast room. However, the breakfast area is directly across from several of the rooms on floor 2. So if you have room number in the 240's you will constantly have people across from you bedroom door coming in and out of the breakfast areal.
Our room was on the top floor. We were close to a stairwell and ice machine but were amazed how quiet both were. Nice that the stairwell door didn't slam shut! Also a super quiet air conditioner/fan. Clean room.
The kids loved swimming in the pool. However, the hot tub was out of order which was a bummer for me.
Also, the room key cards did not seem to work at the outside door of the hotel closest to our room. We saw many people trying, unsuccessfully, to unlock the outside door with their key card. We kept having to go around the building to a door closer to the lobby when we were loading and unloading our stuff from the car. At times, we did see the door propped open with a small log (which I consider a safety/security issue).
There weren't a whole lot of options for the area but we thought it was a great value for what we got. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose this full-service La Vale, Maryland hotel located minutes away from Fort Cumberland, Frostburg State University and the Rock-Speedway. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Braddock Motor Inn, a full-service hotel where guests will find friendly customer service, an array of amenities and comfortable accommodations at an affordable price. Conveniently located just off the highway in far western Maryland, this La Vale hotel offers 103 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each featuring cable satellite television with HBO® and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will wake to a complimentary continental breakfast before taking advantage of such amenities as an indoor heated swimming pool, steam room/sauna, exercise facility, complimentary airport shuttle, business services and meeting facilities. The hotel also features Henny's Grill and Bar and Gehauf's Restaurant. Pets are welcome with restrictions. The BEST WESTERN Braddock Motor Inn is conveniently located six miles from many key area attractions such as the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad, historic Fort Cumberland, the Thrasher Carriage Museum and George Washington's headquarters. The hotel is also close to the C&O Canal Place and the Rock-Speedway. Business travelers will find themselves minutes away from CSX Transportation, Alliant Techsystems, New Page and both federal and state prisons. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Braddock Motor Inn is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in La Vale, Maryland. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Braddock Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Braddock Motor Hotel Lavale
- Best Western Lavale
- Best Western Braddock Hotel
- Lavale Best Western