“Fantastic Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Fantastic Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were looking for an inexpensive overnight in the area.
Not looking for anything fancy - just safe, comfortable and clean.
We were pleasantly surprised with the Fairfield Inn - their staff.
Everyone was friendly and helpful - more than premium hotels we've recently stayed in.
It appeared that many quests were frequent visitors as staff members greeted them by name.
The staff created a very hospitable and comfortable environment - we felt welcome and appreciated.
The breakfast was good, beds comfortable and overall hotel very clean.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had researched hotels to stay overnight on my way to VA in May, 2014. The Fairfield Inn in Laurel, MD came highly rated so I booked an overnight stay. Upon arrival we were greeted by two very nice staff people. The hotel entrance is very nice and spacious. We were quickly checked in and given our room key. Upon arrival at the room we checked the sheets and found hair and what looked like blood stains on them. In the bathroom there were hairs on the floor. We quickly called the front desk and they agreed to move us. So we had to go down to the front desk and get reassigned. The clerks at the desk were very apologetic and gave us a discount on the room. Now we went to the next room and checked that out. To our disgust this room and sheets were in the same condition. Once again we called the front desk and housekeeping came. The woman told us she changed the sheets in the previous room and could move us back to that one. When I showed her the hair and stains in this new room she said "sometimes when dusting the hair falls on the bed". I then told her we were not staying here and went to the lobby. We explained to the clerk (the same ones as before) what was happening and that we were not staying. He was very apologetic again and offered to have us check out a third room. We declined.

The hotel apparently has just finished a complete renovation of the property. Although the rooms and hotel are very nicely appointed the procedures and housekeeping staff at this hotel needs serious review. It is disguising to find hair and stains in multiple rooms and to be dismissed as being finicky because "They have not had any other complains before" really. I seriously doubt that. I cannot recommend this hotel at this time until the issues with housekeeping are reviewed and changes put into place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield in conjunction with a skating competition at the Gardens Ice House. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Good location. Breakfast can be crowded if there are tour groups staying at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very nice Fairfield Inn. This hotel was remodeled within the last 18 months. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet, and we were on the first floor. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room rates were reasonable considering the proximity to Washing DC. The hotel is a couple of miles off the interstate but was easy to get to. I would stop there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hotel has been renovated since previous stay. Everything appeared clean and new. The rooms were nicely decorated and the staff was very kind and attentive. The breakfast was filling and we really appreciated the hot items (waffles, sausage, and eggs). The location was convenient for our daily trips into Washington and Arlington. There were plenty of opportunities to shop and dine nearby esp. Longhorns, Chick Fil A, etc.). They should probably install fans in the bathrooms... the steam formed yellowish water droplets on the ceiling. The cold water has a yellowish color and odor. Beds and showerheads were great. Halls were quiet at night although a school group was staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Carrollton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our school from Carrollton, Mississippi visited the Fairfield inn in Laurel, Maryland for Spring Break 2014. The staff was very polite and professional. The breakfast was hot and fresh. The breakfast manager was very personable and helpful. Now let's get to the rooms, absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The rooms were very, very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable. My only regret is that I couldn't really enjoy the rooms because as soon as my head hit the pillow, it was all over. Will be back to Maryland again next year!!!!! Excellent!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This Fairfield is located close to DC & Baltimore in an area that looks to be in transition that is convenient to shopping & restaurants. I'm pretty sure it has been through a recent renovation because everything seems to be sparkling and new which is a good thing. My king room was very nice and spacious but had a couple of shortcomings:

1) Being a regular business traveler (3-4 nights/week) I like hotels that have some sort of sofa, loves seat or comfortable chair to sit on at night while watching TV & relaxing. This large room could have easily accommodated an easy-chair but there was a bare-bones chair with a very upright back and very uncomfortable. There was a nice large ottoman but matched with that chair it was pretty much useless after a few minutes. I ended up putting a pillow in the mesh desk chair and putting my legs up on the bed but still paid the price with back pain.

2) I had a cubby-hole with the furniture-stand to hold the microwave & fridge but there was nothing on it. I missed the microwave since I couldn't pop popcorn and usually once a week I get dinner from a grocery store deli. There was a fridge in the room but it was very noisy while trying to sleep. It made a clicking noise constantly and I finally had to get up and unplug it which brings me to my final issue.

3) The PTAC or through the wall heating & AC unit did not have the standard "continuous fan" feature that provides better air circulation and that "white-noise" that covers up those little annoying noises that keep you awake in hotel rooms. The 2nd night I found a white-noise generating app for my iPad that solved the problem.

4) There was some sort of energy-saving light switch in the bathroom that I'm not sure if it was a timer or motion-sensing that was very annoying especially after the lights went out both mornings while I was in the shower.

Now for the positives - spacious rooms, sparkling clean, everything new, small but nice workout room, good breakfast area, reasonable rates and convenient to DC, Baltimore, I-95 and lots of restaurants & shopping. Also, Jamar that checked me in was very personable, professional and thorough.

I would definitely return here because I feel like the negatives are fixable and I know what to expect on my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Laurel? Share your experiences!