“Nice rooms, quiet location, excellent staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice rooms, quiet location, excellent staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very nice Fairfield Inn. This hotel was remodeled within the last 18 months. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet, and we were on the first floor. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room rates were reasonable considering the proximity to Washing DC. The hotel is a couple of miles off the interstate but was easy to get to. I would stop there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hotel has been renovated since previous stay. Everything appeared clean and new. The rooms were nicely decorated and the staff was very kind and attentive. The breakfast was filling and we really appreciated the hot items (waffles, sausage, and eggs). The location was convenient for our daily trips into Washington and Arlington. There were plenty of opportunities to shop and dine nearby esp. Longhorns, Chick Fil A, etc.). They should probably install fans in the bathrooms... the steam formed yellowish water droplets on the ceiling. The cold water has a yellowish color and odor. Beds and showerheads were great. Halls were quiet at night although a school group was staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Carrollton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our school from Carrollton, Mississippi visited the Fairfield inn in Laurel, Maryland for Spring Break 2014. The staff was very polite and professional. The breakfast was hot and fresh. The breakfast manager was very personable and helpful. Now let's get to the rooms, absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The rooms were very, very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable. My only regret is that I couldn't really enjoy the rooms because as soon as my head hit the pillow, it was all over. Will be back to Maryland again next year!!!!! Excellent!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This Fairfield is located close to DC & Baltimore in an area that looks to be in transition that is convenient to shopping & restaurants. I'm pretty sure it has been through a recent renovation because everything seems to be sparkling and new which is a good thing. My king room was very nice and spacious but had a couple of shortcomings:

1) Being a regular business traveler (3-4 nights/week) I like hotels that have some sort of sofa, loves seat or comfortable chair to sit on at night while watching TV & relaxing. This large room could have easily accommodated an easy-chair but there was a bare-bones chair with a very upright back and very uncomfortable. There was a nice large ottoman but matched with that chair it was pretty much useless after a few minutes. I ended up putting a pillow in the mesh desk chair and putting my legs up on the bed but still paid the price with back pain.

2) I had a cubby-hole with the furniture-stand to hold the microwave & fridge but there was nothing on it. I missed the microwave since I couldn't pop popcorn and usually once a week I get dinner from a grocery store deli. There was a fridge in the room but it was very noisy while trying to sleep. It made a clicking noise constantly and I finally had to get up and unplug it which brings me to my final issue.

3) The PTAC or through the wall heating & AC unit did not have the standard "continuous fan" feature that provides better air circulation and that "white-noise" that covers up those little annoying noises that keep you awake in hotel rooms. The 2nd night I found a white-noise generating app for my iPad that solved the problem.

4) There was some sort of energy-saving light switch in the bathroom that I'm not sure if it was a timer or motion-sensing that was very annoying especially after the lights went out both mornings while I was in the shower.

Now for the positives - spacious rooms, sparkling clean, everything new, small but nice workout room, good breakfast area, reasonable rates and convenient to DC, Baltimore, I-95 and lots of restaurants & shopping. Also, Jamar that checked me in was very personable, professional and thorough.

I would definitely return here because I feel like the negatives are fixable and I know what to expect on my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Allenstown, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I always stay at Marriotts and most of the time I don't know where I'll be staying until a couple of hours before the end of the day. I use the IOS Marriott app and it works great!, This place was one of my better stays, big, clean and was thanked for being a Marriott member. Most importantly it has high internet speeds so I could stream things from my tablet to the TV. I would highly recommend this location to anyone needing a place to stay. I have added it my preferred list so if I have to be here again I will surely stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sicklerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

It has been a couple of years since I had stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Laurel, MD and I am so happy that I came back. I was greeted by a wonderful guy and after giving me my room key and saying that he hopes that I enjoy my room, I asked if the fitness center was still down the hall and he told me that it was behind me now. He then explained the renovations that they have done to the place and the place looks great. The fitness center is totally worth spending time in now! No need to run the stairs or do push-ups in the room anymore. The hallways were redone as well as the breakfast area. The wi-if access provided a very strong signal to my room so I was able to get my work done quickly without interruption.
Can't wait to be back in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Michael-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found the new additions to your liking. We did undergo renovations recently and a few things were changed and other added such as the hot breakfast.
I am also pleased that you were treated well by the staff members that you interacted with.
Once again, thank you for your business and your feedback.
Regards,
Bombay
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here overnight with family on our trip to the south from Toronto. Loved our stay, hotel is very neat, good food is also served in the morning. Front desk was friendly n welcoming.
Will not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are honored and humbled by your positive comments.

We were recently renovated, and the brand added the new hot breakfast items that have been well received. Despite the additions, staff service is what makes guest such as you return and I am happy to hear that the staff here was friendly and very welcoming.

We are honored to have earned your return business.

Kindest regards,

Been to Fairfield Inn Laurel? Share your experiences!