“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Laurel, Maryland
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I would highly recommend a stay here. Everything was what I expected from a Marriott-owned properity. The king-sized bed was very clean and comfortable. The front desk service was outstanding. Even the breakfast was tasty! I have stayed in other hotels that served low-grade breakfast but this one was quite nice.

I live in the Laurel area and now I know that if I need a local hotel stay - this is definitely the place for me!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Tony R-

Thank you for you review and your recommendations as well.

I am very pleased that we are a home away from home for you. The staff and I are pleased to have earned your return business.

We have recently upgraded the facilities here and the breakfast offerings as well, I am happy that all are well received.

Once again, thank you for your business and your vote of confidence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have stayed here many times because it is the only Marriott property in Laurel close to family. We were pleasantly surprised by the new renovations. The carpeting is very soft in the hallways and the new room furnishings are very nice, especially the extra outlets at the desk area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Ralph-

Thank you for this review and for being repeat customer as well.

I am very happy to hear you were pleased with the upgrades that were done to the property. The room upgrades as well as the new offerings for breakfast we believe enhance our guest stays.

If there is anything we can do to make you future travels to the Laurel area much better, please let me know.

Once again thank you for the review and your repeat business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family stayed here for only one night and had wonderful experience. All staffs are very nice, This room is clean and well maintained. Breakfast offered everything we need...we requested for a rollaway bed. My sister said it's quite comfortable. It's just better than we expected, well worth what we spent. Excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer-

On behalf of the staff, thank you so much for your review.

We are pleased that your stay with us was excellent. For it me it is always a pleasure when we as a hotel not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations.

As I have repeatedly replied to all other reviews, we did have our renovation early this year and I am happy to hear you liked the upgrades as well the amenities added to the property.

What we offer has to be executed in a friendly manner and I am pleased that the staff here delivered.

If you are return to the Laurel area, we would be honored to host you once again.

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Highly recommend the Fairfield Inn in Laurel, MD. The staff is very friendly, rooms are nicely decorated, the breakfast was delicious and offered a variety of foods. The hotel is close to fast food places and quality restaurants. This is my third time staying at this location and again would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tricia-

On behalf of the staff, thank you so much for your review. We are honored to not only have earned your praise but repeat business from you as well.

We did have our renovation early this year and I am happy to hear you liked the upgrades as well the amenities added to the property. Having said that, all that we have to offer would be for naught if the staff on property does not live up our guests expectations. I am pleased to hear that we treated you well, were friendly and courteous.

Thank you once again for your business as well as your review; both are highly appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again on your return trip.

Regards
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our stay of 3 nights was very nice. The room was maintained well and we appreciated all the conveniences and supplies. Breakfast offered a variety for all our party.
What made us really appreciate the Fairfield were two instances where, on checkout, we thought we had lost a small gift that my husband received during our stay. Not only did the staff and on-duty personnel check our room, but also that of my relative, who had checked out earlier, where we had visited the night before. They were very thorough and we appreciated the extra effort. We later found the gift in our luggage.
However, aAfter returning home a week later, we found that I had mislaid some jewelry and two days ago I contacted the Fairfield. They replied the day after that they had combed through the room, including turning mattresses and looking under bedframes.
Although they did not find the jewelry, we appreciate the quick response and service rendered even though we had checked out almost a week before.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear M W-

On behalf of the staff here at the Fairfield Inn, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I am very pleased that you found the hotel convenient, clean, and well maintained and that the amenities we offer made your three nights stay very enjoyable.

Excellent staff service is and should always be the corner stone that guides us as we serve all our guests. While we did not find your missing items, making sure that we thoroughly searched the room(s) is the very least that we could do.

Thank you for your business and we appreciate the feedback about your stay.

If you are in the Laurel area again we would be honored to host on you once again.

Prince Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I travel frequently and this hotel is my one of my favorite places to stay. The staff is always accommodating. The rooms are always clean. The breakfast is wonderful. One of the few places that serves turkey sausage which is remarkable being as though I don't eat pork. Miss Betty and Jamar are my two favorite staff members. They are always so pleasant when I visit.

• Stayed October 2013
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your candid review.

We are very pleased that we are one your favorite places to stay; it is an honor to be held in such high regard.

As you mentioned, our updated breakfast offerings have been a wonderful addition and the turkey sausages have been well received.
Staff service is very important, and Jamar and Betty always display what it means to be hospitable. They are an asset to this property and the staff and I learn from them almost every day.

In closing, thank you for your business as well as your review; both are highly appreciated and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the area.

SBY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn, Laurel several times over the past few years for business and the staff has always been wonderful. One of my complaints was that the hotel looked dated. Well, sounds like they listened - the entire hotel was recently renovated and what a wonderful job they did, all the way down to the furnishings and even small bathroom details. I continue to use them simply becasue they offer the best deal in the area for my needs - good night sleep and comfortable working environment. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, a supermarket within walking distance and much more close by. They now also offer full breakfast. I recommend this hotel and continue to rate it high. My one complain - noisy air conditioning system.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and for rooms towards the ends of the building - the ice machines are located t...