“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Middletown, Rhode Island
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The rooms were clean and the price was reasonable with a great staff and a good location for the Laurel Regional Hospital. The breakfast has an excellent selection and the coffee is one of the best cups I have had at a hotel. The area is multipurpose so I would never suggest it for anything other than a business stay and I would never consider being out after dark. The down side is if you want to use the pool on a weekday you cannot use it until 3pm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Eleanor-

Let me begin by saying thank you so much for being our guest. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel, your opinion goes a long way in helping us be the hotel that guests want to return too.

I am happy that our staff and facilities made you feel welcome and we gave you good value for you money.

County law dictates we have to have a life guard on duty every time the pool is open to the public. We shall work with the pool company to make sure we are accommodating our guests who want to use the pool before it opens.

Once again, thank you so much for your business and you candid review of you stay.

Bombay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boynton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The location didn't seem very good but it was the only thing available. As with other Fairfield Inns the rooms were clean and beds are comfortable.

Breakfast is good however get there early as they tend to run out of certain items (I was there on Sunday morn).

Overall good hotel, good value

Room Tip: Get the queen size bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bombay-GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear guest-

Let me begin by saying thank you so much for being our guest. Your business is highly appreciated.

We are glad we gave you a room that was not only clean but comfortable as well.

I am sorry to hear that we run out of certain items during breakfast. I have shared your review with the kitchen staff to make sure this is not a reflection of our breakfast service.

Thank you for your review. Every critique goes a long way into making us the hotel that our guests want to return too.

Bombay
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here with an Explorer Post group on a recent trip to Washington DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. The location was central and the price was reasonable. There were several nearby chain restaurants/.

The rooms were clean (but there was an issue with the cleaning staff placing personal items into drawers in the rooms! Several members of our group had moments of panic over their 'missing' items only to discover them swept into drawers! Make the bed, clean the bathroom, don't mess with my stuff!)

The staff was attentive and helpful.

The breakfast was adequate, well stocked and the staff was good about refills. The materials provided were the same each day - make-your-own-waffles, bagels, english muffins, pastries, cereals, fruit, yogurts, microwavable breakfast sandwiches. Juice, coffee, tea and ice water.

I was surprised to discover a lifeguard on duty at the pool.

I went to wash laundry at one point and the signs in the laundry room said "30 minutes washer, 30 minutes dryer" but the actual dryer cycle is 60 minutes.

Dear guest-

Let me begin by saying thank you so much for being our guest. We really appreciate your business. On behalf of the staff here we really appreciate your review of our property. We really value your feedback as we take steps to improve our product.

I appreciate your points of concern especially about the housekeeping staff moving your personal belongings. I have had a sit down with the housekeeping department and I have had a retraining on how to treat guests’ belongings.

We have also requested the vendor that is in charge of our laundry facilities to make the changes to the signs on place new machines that dry the clothes in the time advertized.

Once again thank you so much for your business it is very much appreciated and we look forward to hosting you next time you are in the Laurel area.

Bombay.
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Visiting U of MD College Park and stayed here. Clean room and large(r) bathroom than most. Good proximity to campus, but the neighborhood was a little sketchy. I felt comfortable staying here but did not go out after dark. Lot's of restaurants and shops in the area. The area seemed to improve as you travel south from hotel, nearer to the I495 belt. I like the free breakfast they offer, it's a great and easy way to start the day.

Dear guest-

I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast. The neighborhood is improving and laurel is a safe town. Next time allow us to recommend a few good places worth the time to visit.
Thank you and we hope to host you again when you are in the Laurel Area.

Bombay
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Laurel as a part of a group attending an activity at the University of Maryland. The hotel was conveniently located, an easy car ride to the University and Metro stations, and within walking distance to a grocery store, eateries, etc. The rooms met our needs, 2 queen beds, a chair, desk area, TV and bathroom. Plenty of storage space. Some in the group complained of spotty wi-fi connections, but I didn't have any issues. The staff was friendly and accommodating. And, whenever I was in the common areas there was someone cleaning. Breakfast was standard--cereals, fresh oatmeal, pastries, fruit, waffle maker, yogurt and microwaveable breakfast sandwiches along with juices, milk and coffee. If we return to the area I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Allesonwonderland-

Let me begin by saying thank you so much for you and your group members being our guests. We really appreciated your business.

That having been said on behalf of the staff here we really appreciate your review of our property. Your feedback goes a long way in helping us know where we are excelling and where we need to work on improving.

We really value your opinion of our hotel and are pleased that in general you enjoyed our facilities.

Once again, thank you so much for your business and your review.

Hope to see you when you return to the Laurel area on your next trip.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for my boyfriend's graduation from Capitol College. He had to be at the school at 8am so this was in a known part of Laurel. The location is great though hard to get out of during rush hour with the traffic off Route 1. There is a wonderful shopping center nearby with all the basics you could need. This part of Laurel is also being re-done so it was nice, clean, not smokey, and the cliente were fine. I was extremely leary of booking a room in Laurel with security issues. The rooms were clean, breakfast was good (make your own waffles) and staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bombay-M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. We take pride in having really clean rooms and making sure we start our guests’ day right with a filling breakfast menu.

Once again thank you for your review, and congratulations to your boyfriend for his graduation.

If you are ever in the Laurel area again we would appreciate your return business.

Thank you.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We just spent 3 lovely nights at the Fairfield Inn, Laurel MD. The hotel is like any other Fairfield Inn. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious- not luxury, but pleasant. The difference is the customer service. Betty at the front desk is the BEST! So is Jamar! Both were so accommodating and friendly- asking how our day was when we came in at night. Betty talked to us about the area and was interested in my daughter's swim meet results. Just really above and beyond what you normally get from a front desk clerk. Great customer service. Also, while the breakfast was pretty basic--- continental w/ waffles- the customer service was again exceptional. Breakfast was to open after the swimmers staying at the hotel had to be at the pool, so the set up crew had everything ready early each morning to accommodate. That was really great and definitely appreciated by the hungry teenagers! My compliments to a great team at the Fairfield Inn, Laurel. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bombay-M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear TMJVirginia,

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel.

It is staff members such as Betty and Jamar that make memories that guests want to share. I have been here a few months and I feel very special to work with such amazing people.

We would also want to thank you for your feedback. It is this guest voice that enables us to gauge our operations and tweak it to make us a better hotel.

I shall convey your message to the staff here and we are honored to have had you as our guest.

Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to being your host next time you are in the area.

Been to Fairfield Inn Laurel? Share your experiences!